• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Oh. I thought you were dropping some new fangled lingo in here.

Here's a cat guide:
enhanced-buzz-6657-1367695644-5.jpg

effzee

Alligatorjandro has there been any conspiracy talk yet in Jacksonville over why Khan doesn't want Tebow? I'd imagine some of your fellow Jags fans would somehow come up with a theory that since he is Pakistani he is anti-Christian.

Alligatorjandro has there been any conspiracy talk yet in Jacksonville over why Khan doesn't want Tebow? I'd imagine some of your fellow Jags fans would somehow come up with a theory that since he is Pakistani he is anti-Christian.

Actually Khan was the one who wanted Tebow last year.The coaches and guys didnt want him.

effzee

Fuck yeah! I want to see all the Jordan/Kobe and supposed purists cry more bitter tears! All aboard the Heat bandwagon!

That Bulls win made me so happy. I wish the Lakers had one player other then Kobe that had half of Noah's heart. I hope Dwight leaves...

Bulls scare me. I knew if they got matched up against the Heat they would have a great shot at taking them out.

I still think Heat advance but probably a 7 game series. Miami needs to stop being so finesse trying to make the extra pass after an already extra pass all fancy and shit. They pass up more open shots than most teams I have seen. And the big three need to play much better. Never seen all three play so shitty at the same time.

Talon

:jnc

Chicago is not taking Miami to 7 games. Even Homer of the Decade Stacey King can't imagine that team having enough fire power to win 3 games.

effzee

:jnc

Chicago is not taking Miami to 7 games. Even Homer of the Decade Stacey King can't imagine that team having enough fire power to win 3 games.

Well Deng and Hinrich come back in the next game or the game after.

Rose shouldn't even count in the equation as of now. But with a healthy Deng and Hinrich, reduced minutes for Nate (limit the inevitable bad play around the corner), excellent D, superior rebounding, and all around better coaching I think the Bulls can pull it off.

I hope not, I have become a Lebron fan over the years and want to see him reach the highest of highs but what I saw from them last night, how they played, and the lack of energy was very concerning.

squicken

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
And @PriscoCBS! RT @dvanesselstyn: Ryan Clark has same theory about Brady and 'ghosts' Giants did ahead of SB XLVI: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/tom_brady_faces_rematch_with_g.html

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal
@MikeGarafolo @PriscoCBS @dvanesselstyn And most Patriots fans

Pats fans, you guys think Brady sees "ghosts"? Granted, almost every QB gets jittery if you hit him enough, but is Brady particularly skittish?

Um what? Pretty much anybody with a sane brain, after Seattle fans truly got skullfucked in this situation.

Kind of lost the moral high ground when they tried to steal Sacramento's team

And @PriscoCBS! RT @dvanesselstyn: Ryan Clark has same theory about Brady and 'ghosts' Giants did ahead of SB XLVI: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/tom_brady_faces_rematch_with_g.html

Pats fans, you guys think Brady sees "ghosts"? Granted, almost every QB gets jittery if you hit him enough, but is Brady particularly skittish?

I would say he's been pretty skittish the last few years; ducked a fair amount of ghosts last season.

bionic77

No way the Bulls win 3 games. The Heat are too stacked and have too much offense for a beat up Bulls team. As great as Noah is he just can't take advantage of the Heats lack of size and score enough to make this a series. That isn't his game.

It won't happen but I would celebrate if the Bulls pulled off that upset. But 4 wins is asking too much.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No way the Bulls win 3 games. The Heat are too stacked and have too much offense for a beat up Bulls team. As great as Noah is he just can't take advantage of the Heats lack of size and score enough to make this a series. That isn't his game.

It won't happen but I would celebrate if the Bulls pulled off that upset. But 4 wins is asking too much.

We have to believe!

No one thought a virgin goober could slay the dark lord either!

Fantomex

Look at his stupid Jacket. It's made of girly bed sheets someones grandma would have in the unused guest room.

She isn't even prettier than him.

Tom married for the money :-/

(Although it at least looks like she's a good mom).

Giselle is cool if you're into under developed girls that have the body type of a Fixie bike.

I love Bean.

And Rose is short. He relies entirely in his athleticism. Even if he can play with no pain unless he can jump over buildings and change directions like he used to he won't be very good. I am guessing he won't be full strength until like December. At this point he might hurt the team more than help it.

At this point he might as well come off the bench and see what he has. He needs some Kobe or MJ spirit. If his psyche makes him think hes not ready now, why would he be ready in 6 months?

Posted it a bit earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57018032&postcount=1953

Curry sucked and I don't see us getting much out of him he does sign but it shows the gaping hole we have at inside linebacker right now that they're even bothering to look at him.

Mara was on NFL AM this morning. A few quotes from twitter:

I hate your stupid team.

Theres a cat that lives outside my house and it rolled on its back and as I went to touch the belly it got wild.

fucking cat

Cats can detect weakness. It's like he knows you.

Well Deng and Hinrich come back in the next game or the game after.

Rose shouldn't even count in the equation as of now. But with a healthy Deng and Hinrich, reduced minutes for Nate (limit the inevitable bad play around the corner), excellent D, superior rebounding, and all around better coaching I think the Bulls can pull it off.

I hope not, I have become a Lebron fan over the years and want to see him reach the highest of highs but what I saw from them last night, how they played, and the lack of energy was very concerning.

Nate should just start for the rest of the playoffs. He brings too much chemistry and hustle. He's like Rose but with durability and street cred.

Bulls are hungry and angry. That's them intangibles. Everything is possibleeeeeeee!

Dragon

Banned
Ryan Clark is right.

Brady's been seeing ghosts for a long time.

Ryan Clark also can't play in Denver, which really hurts the Steelers.

Jury is out on Amendola, Welker did jack shit before he came to the Pats, Amendola is younger and more injury prone. We'll see how long he lasts. Thankfully we have injury fest Edelman in the wings.

Dragon

Banned

In fairness Bieber fucks more women than Wilt Chamberlain so knocking him for looking fairly androgynous is disingenuous! Just like knocking Brady for fathering a baby out of wedlock, having an ass chin, and being married to a world supermodel is about as dumb as drafting Ryan Tannehill.

Draxal

Watch second quarter of super bowl 42; Brady was cursing out his line nonstop.

Dragon

Banned
By the way snes, Alison Brie wears WAY too much makeup on Community. It's distracting. Plus she's dating James Franco's brother. Lower echelon tv star for sure!

The Ravens say Roland McClain deserves a second chance!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167670/article/ravens-rolando-mcclain-deserves-second-chance

"I think this about McClain, he deserves a second chance," DeCosta told The Baltimore Sun on Monday night. "If you asked him, he would probably admit to making some mistakes. We think he warrants a second chance."

The former Oakland Raiders defender remains a frequent presence in the court system. Along with his April indiscretion, the 23-year-old on Monday pleaded guilty to a window tint violation and had a false information charge dismissed. McClain also faces two pending cases involving driving charges.

After signing a one-year, $700,000 contract with up to $400,000 in incentives, McClain's already been given a second -- if not a third or fourth -- opportunity for redemption.

Bowser

No defeated look on his face with the towel hanging over his head? Hardly representative of Cam, Bowser!

Speaking of, here's a perfectly timed hit piece on Cam: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hers-going-nowhere-with-ron-rivera-cam-newton

I don't believe Newton has what it takes to eradicate and/or mask areas of deficiency. I don't believe he is an elite, upper-echelon quarterback.

Luck and RG3 would've put the flawed Panthers in the playoffs last year, just like they did with the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins, respectively.

Cam Newton isn't focused enough -- or good enough -- to overcome the obstacles he'll face in this competitive division.

9EN3JQz.gif

Dumbass pundits don't realize it's Cam that's keeping the Panthers from being 2-14 every year, not the other way around

Fantomex

In fairness Bieber fucks more women than Wilt Chamberlain so knocking him for looking fairly androgynous is disingenuous! Just like knocking Brady for fathering a baby out of wedlock, having an ass chin, and being married to a world supermodel is about as dumb as drafting Ryan Tannehill.

Shut your filthy troll mouth Judas!

Sanjuro

Ryan Clark believes in ghosts? :jnc

Fantomex

Guys got any phone interview tips for me?

Have notes right next to you. With facts about the company interviewing you. What your goals are, what you bring to the table and what you did in your previous jobs. Be calm, don't stumble and be ready to answer a lot of questions. The person interviewing you will have a sheet where they fill in your answers, so just make sure you are in a quiet environment when they call. Don't be dumb enough to have the TV on! When they call, act like you've been ready to hear from them.

bionic77

At this point he might as well come off the bench and see what he has. He needs some Kobe or MJ spirit. If his psyche makes him think hes not ready now, why would he be ready in 6 months?

Bulls are hungry and angry. That's them intangibles. Everything is possibleeeeeeee!
Kobe and MJ are 6'6". Rose is a short guy. Without his speed and athleticism he won't be able to get his shot off.

Sometimes by rushing back from injury all you do is hurt your team. You have to be able to play through injuries and still find a way to be effective, all great players can do that, but you also have to recognize when doing that is going to hurt your team. This is more true in the NFL than the NBA because everyone in football is terrified of losing their job to injury and there are no guaranteed contracts.

See RG3 for the perfect example of why Rose should not rush back. He places a shit load of pressure on his knees the way he attacks the basket. That and his not being in basketball shape really makes it very likely he could have another injury. The only way I would sign off on my franchise player coming back for these playoffs in these circumstances is if he came off the bench and they really limited the guys minutes.

Yeah, I could easily see the Cardinals being a 7 or 8 win team if things go well for them. They have done some smart things in the offseason, like drafting Cooper and restocking their running back corps, but going from Ray Horton to Todd Bowles could be a big downgrade, especially with Daryl Washington out at least 4 games and probably more. I don't see the Cardinals being the worst team in the league because they should have a half decent offense, but they do have a fairly tough schedule.
This, more or less. We won't make the playoffs this year unless wild card prospects really blow but we should be close to .500
cmon man .500? I think you are better than a last place team, but your brutal schedule may get you. If you can stay within 20 of STL Week 1 then maybe things can go well the rest of the year

edit: Just saw this on Twitter. Washington was the first player since Bruce Smith to have 9 sacks and 100 tackles

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

That is a list of very good players
Honestly there are so many unknowns between new coach, new gm, new QB and just many new and younger players on the team in general. I'm going glass half full with the expectation that our D will at least still be very good even if we drop off a bit and the offense can only be better. If we even had a mediocre QB last year, record would be completely different and this year we have an at least mediocre QB and better protection. Also we'll actually have a run game this year whereas last year we were 32nd due to injuries. We're balls deep at the position now.

On another note, jncjncjncjnc @ the Niners for bringing Snyder back. That's right, take your trash back! Too bad he'll only be backup if that but it's still funny after the conversation FMT and I had about him last week.

Yes, Daryl Washington is the best ILB in the league and it wasn't even close last year. Look at the combination of his tackles and sacks and the yards lost from sacks. There are a few guys with more tackles, but they didn't sack for shit. He also had an int, etc. He was the king of ILB last season and it was a complete joke that he was an alternate behind the lesser Niner ILB's but then again, the Pro bowl is just one big joke. Alas, he's in some serious shit off the field right now and I'm waiting to see how it pans out.

Have notes right next to you. With facts about the company interviewing you. What your goals are, what you bring to the table and what you did in your previous jobs. Be calm, don't stumble and be ready to answer a lot of questions. The person interviewing you will have a sheet where they fill in your answers, so just make sure you are in a quiet environment when they call. Don't be dumb enough to have the TV on! When they call, act like you've been ready to hear from them.

Yup pretty much what I had ready. Reassuring.

I have an interview on Thursday :)

Im excited man. Its a shot. Just getting an interview for a real job is a big deal these days.

squicken

On another note, jncjncjncjnc @ the Niners for bringing Snyder back. That's right, take your trash back! Too bad he'll only be backup if that but it's still funny after the conversation FMT and I had about him last week.

That actually worked out well for SF though. They weakened a division rival, cleared room for Boone to take over and excel, got a 3rd round compensatory pick since you guys vastly over-paid him, and now brought a guy back who is good depth and knows the system.

Top Bottom