• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

Kobe and MJ are 6'6". Rose is a short guy. Without his speed and athleticism he won't be able to get his shot off.

Sometimes by rushing back from injury all you do is hurt your team. You have to be able to play through injuries and still find a way to be effective, all great players can do that, but you also have to recognize when doing that is going to hurt your team. This is more true in the NFL than the NBA because everyone in football is terrified of losing their job to injury and there are no guaranteed contracts.

See RG3 for the perfect example of why Rose should not rush back. He places a shit load of pressure on his knees the way he attacks the basket. That and his not being in basketball shape really makes it very likely he could have another injury. The only way I would sign off on my franchise player coming back for these playoffs in these circumstances is if he came off the bench and they really limited the guys minutes.

That's exactly what everyone is clamoring for though. They don't want/expect more than 15 minutes a game from him. The bulls are all banged up as it is, so they really do need him. You'll see how the Heat start wearing them down as this series progresses, that team is full of physical specimens. I understand Rose had a study done where they showed he uses more torque and muscle than almost any other superstar in the NBA. But all they need is 10 minutes a game from him, to switch tempos and give them a boost. Dude could average 6 pts a game the whole series but the moral boost he would provide would be immeasurable. He's just not ready mentally. I understand. But MJ, Kobe, even Barkley would have to be dying to be kept out in a situation like this. So I can clown.

ChanHuk

Banned
NFL-GAF getting interviews. I have mine tomorrow morning at 0830. If the interviewer ask what my dad does for a living, should I tell him he's a pimp?

NFL-GAF getting interviews. I have mine tomorrow morning at 0830. If the interviewer ask what my dad does for a living, should I tell him he's a pimp?

Tell him its Evilore. Your previous work experience was a cushy sub-forum position where you talked about tacos and Germany.

Draxal

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7082

Tony Pauline's draft grade on the Patriots. fwiw he is one of the more plugged in guys, so the takeaways are really what he talks about wrt inside the draft room and league-wide perspective

So of the three Rutgers guys; two of them were undervalued and one of them was extremly overvalued (Harmon).

Rutgers d was pretty good but it had some pretty severe weaknesses (the end's couldn't rush at all and the one safety play was pretty weak. Harmon never stood out for me, but he was never really in a position to stand out as they would always target Waters side; while Ryan definitely had some bad games last year (Tulane/USF/Arkansas). He actually did give up alot more plays than Juice Jones; but maybe my memory is falling me.

Twenty minute phone interview. Felt like it went well and she said she would be in contact with my staffing agency liaison.

Thats good right?

The worst thing about these interviews is thinking about all the stuff you potentially screwed up on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nbc is going to have a special announcement at 4pm today in regards to SNF.

Florio expects it to be who will be taking over singing the theme song.

Its true though.they all look the same.

The alligator has a point.

kellie_pickler_l_26316.jpg

leannrimes-450x600.jpg

56127115.png

293_carrie_underwoodlarge_image-1.jpg

faithhill300.jpg

squicken

No shirt, formal pants, a tie, pink socks and your best pair of shoes. Gets you the job every time.
Indeed. In America we call that an "impressively irresistible display of confidence."

I'd also like to add that it helps to cross your legs so that your pink socks (preferably fairly high socks) are clearly visible.

NBC just made it official with Underwood, fwiw

edt: Woody says no SB bid for MIA

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--j...-winning-bid-for-super-bowl-l--190037463.html

La reine est mort, vive la reine!

Indeed. In America we call that an "impressively irresistible display of confidence."

I'd also like to add that it helps to cross your legs so that your pink socks (preferably fairly high socks) are clearly visible.

Showing the socks is a clear sign of dominance and earns you a lot of respect. It is know.

At least Amendola has made it through the offseason healthy, so far.

sad_face.gif

I want my Wes back :(

Edelman re-injured his foot, will miss OTAs. I for one am sure letting Welker go was a great idea.

So happy we re-signed the vagina grabber. Dumb, fragile bastard.

Wait, he's known internationally?
He's playing poker on TV right this second. He brought sunglasses for everyone.

I used to go to Anime conventions in Baltimore, called Otakon. They'd have late night events called Anime Hell, with weird stuff from around the globe, and for some reason they always showed Good ol' Heino there. haha.

Fox318

I used to go to Anime conventions in Baltimore, called Otakon. They'd have late night events called Anime Hell, with weird stuff from around the globe, and for some reason they always showed Good ol' Heino there. haha.

Otakon is cool but when I was there I think I was the only person who knew what soap was.

Top Bottom