• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Godslay

Banned
Isnt it time for you old guys to eat your applesauce?

Isn't that what your mom packs in your school lunch? You preschool ass bbbbbbiiiiiiittttcccchhhhhh!

I was thinking more along the lines of this...

iqEYik4TxnotW.JPG

Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, GM David Caldwell said the Jaguars hope to get fifth-round pick Denard Robinson 10-15 touches per game as a rookie.
Shoe boy, Dennard the Tard! Sorry that was the Ohio State fan in me coming out.

MechDX

Schaub one of best QBs outside of the pocket

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/schaub-one-best-qbs-outside-pocket

Matt Schaub was one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL outside of the pocket last season.

Pro Football Focus ranks Schaub ranks as the third best quarterback in the league on designed roll-outs behind Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill and Seahawks signal caller Russell Wilson. Schaub also threw five touchdowns on designed roll-outs, one behind Christian Ponder who led the NFL with six last season. And only Wilson threw for more yards on designed roll-outs than Schaub’s 373 yards last year.

No one is going to lie and say that Schaub is the most mobile quarterback in the NFL, but one of the reasons Schaub has success on designed roll-outs is because he is so good at executing play action. He runs the fake extremely well and because teams have to respect Arian Foster, the Texans and Schaub have found success rolling out. Schaub went 25 for 44 with a QB Rating of 103.7 in designed roll-outs last year.

Michael Vick, who is left-handed, obviously had the largest number of roll-outs to the left with 24. What was surprising is that Schaub was second behind Vick with 17 roll-outs to the left.

Schaub went to his second Pro Bowl in 2012 after throwing 22 touchdowns and over 4,000 yards for the third time in his career.

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

squicken

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me how awesome Tannehill is out of the pocket.

They need to differentiate scrambles and throws outside the pocket vs those misdirection plays HOU is so good at. I'm not trying to ding Schoob on this; he's one of the best in the league at selling play action. But Wilson, while having lots of designed roll outs off of play action, also makes plays out of nothing, which Schoob doesn't

jakncoke

Banned
Because Bud Adams is a fat, pompous jerk who tried to blackmail the city and the city said collectively: "FUCK YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

sad_face.gif

I didnt ask why he left Houston salty motherfucker. I asked why they changed nicknames :p

Funny how they didnt draw 30k in the first 2 seasons because Memphis was smart enough to realize they were losing the team when the Nashville stadium was finished and the highway construction also kept a lot of Nashville residents from making the trip

squicken

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.

The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control.

WedgeX

Banned
Titus is such a fuckwit. If he ever plays semi-pro football I will be amazed.

I had forgotten how muh I enjoyed that word.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mario Williams sues to get his engagement ring back.

Former Texans star Mario Williams now plays for the Buffalo Bills, but he apparently left a piece of his heart – and a $785,000 engagement ring – in Houston.

And he wants the ring back.

Attorneys for Williams filed suit last week in Harris County state district court against Erin Marzouki, who is described in the lawsuit as Williams’ former fiancée. The suit seeks recovery of a 10.04 carat diamond ring from Marzouki in the wake of her decision in January to end her engagement with Williams, according to court documents.

Also, does anyone need a Cup winning goalie? The Penguins are going to have to jettison this one.

Also, does anyone need a Cup winning goalie? The Penguins are going to have to jettison this one.

I would've had Vokoun in net after the Islanders got to 4, not sure if it would've made much of a difference though. Pens are a bunch of chokers. Say goodbye to Dan Bylsma if they blow another round 1 series.

Top Bottom