• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

You need to draft a top quality qb and stop with the stop gaps. And get a fucking GM and not a cap man.

Already done, son. Keim is looking like the real deal, passed his first test. He got rid of nearly every bad contract in one off season and killed the draft. Well, Honey Badgers' success will decide on just how well it went but he definitely addressed our needs with talent worthy of the pick or better. He began as a scout and is a football guy, a talent evaluator not a numbers guy.

Agree on the QB situation but all of us know that this wasn't the year to draft a franchise QB. Palmer is a large upgrade over what we had and will be a nice stop gap until the right guy comes along. If Bridgewater looks like the real deal, we can always trade up in the draft to get him next year.

Seanspeed

Banned
Alfred Morris is quickly becoming my favorite Redskin.

Yahoo Sports

He's one of my favorite players in the NFL right now, full-stop, even ignoring his super nice guy humbleness. Every running back can shed/run through some tackles, but this guy was doing it consistently, without having any great agility or top end speed. A lot of RB's without that kind of speed rely a lot on their O-line, but Morris was out there making things happen on his own, making himself a nightmare for anyone who had the job of trying to get him down without some extra help.

squicken

Already done, son. Keim is looking like the real deal, passed his first test. He got rid of nearly every bad contract in one off season and killed the draft. Well, Honey Badgers' success will decide on just how well it went but he definitely addressed our needs with talent worthy of the pick or better. He began as a scout and is a football guy, a talent evaluator not a numbers guy.

Agree on the QB situation but all of us know that this wasn't the year to draft a franchise QB. Palmer is a large upgrade over what we had and will be a nice stop gap until the right guy comes along. If Bridgewater looks like the real deal, we can always trade up in the draft to get him next year.

Odds are the teams in the top 3 are going to need a QB. Unless a team has an injury to a franchise QB, they won't be picking top 5 and willing to trade down.

I like everything you guys did this offseason, but Palmer + Arians screams INT machine to me. Also not a fan of Bowles. I'd much rather you guys be good than SEA, but that will have to wait a few years

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He's one of my favorite players in the NFL right now, full-stop, even ignoring his super nice guy humbleness. Every running back can shed/run through some tackles, but this guy was doing it consistently, without having any great agility or top end speed. A lot of RB's without that kind of speed rely a lot on their O-line, but Morris was out there making things happen on his own, making himself a nightmare for anyone who had the job of trying to get him down without some extra help.

B..b..but I was told that Morris was terrible and that he only got any yards because he had Mr. All World RG3 handing it to him!

cdyhybrid

Don't worry, you won't have to trade up for him.

Odds are the teams in the top 3 are going to need a QB. Unless a team has an injury to a franchise QB, they won't be picking top 5 and willing to trade down.

I like everything you guys did this offseason, but Palmer + Arians screams INT machine to me. Also not a fan of Bowles. I'd much rather you guys be good than SEA, but that will have to wait a few years

Impossible to say as we have no idea who's going to be there. We are nearly always wrong about who will get the #1 pick before the season starts. Nobody would have chosen KC, not over Jags and Raiders. Besides, if we're as bad as all of you are saying, we won't have to ;) Too bad there's no way in hell we'll be that bad.

Maybe but you have to consider that he'll have much better weapons to throw to here and won't be just slinging wild in garbage time game after game. I'm not saying he'll be great, but I don't think he'll be as bad as many seem to think he'll be. Unless our D falls off a cliff, we're going to surprise everybody. Definitely need another year or so before we can make real noise and wrest control of the division back, it all depends on when we get a true QB. If we get Bridgewater next year, Niners and Chickens should be very afraid. But that's in the future, for now we will enjoy improvement and an offense that can actually put points on the board.

Milchjon

Of the first 100 posts in the Kate Upton thread, roughly 20 are negative comments about her looks, vs. 17 positives (didn't count ambivalent comments.)

GAF be crazy.

Wes

venison crêpe
8cNwJ.jpg
:jnc

Seanspeed

Banned
B..b..but I was told that Morris was terrible and that he only got any yards because he had Mr. All World RG3 handing it to him!
Nah. Everybody knows Redskins are still a run-first, pass-later team. The problems teams faced was that this guy running could fucking RUN. So defenses often played a lot of people in the box, giving RGIII some fun with the read-option. If the Skins could get a respectable receiving corps, they could actually be pretty scary.

trade up? like from the #3 pick to the #1 pick?

ChanHuk

Banned
So I beat Valkyrie Profile today on PSP, on the last mansion in Luigi (God this game sucks, at least I got 3D Land for free). Need another game to play, probably gonna pick up FE or play one of many PSP games I have loaded on the memory stick......Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or Valkyria Chronicles 2....hrm......

So I beat Valkyrie Profile today on PSP, on the last mansion in Luigi (God this game sucks, at least I got 3D Land for free). Need another game to play, probably gonna pick up FE or play one of many PSP games I have loaded on the memory stick......Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or Valkyria Chronicles 2....hrm......

i wish VP was playable on vita :(

About to start breaking bad season 5 used on unblock me to get the canada version of Netflix
Edit: nvm watching "The Watch" with I'm surprised to see up
Double edit: The Watch, WTF was that
Community renewed for a 5th season. No, I'm not joking, snClark Griswold.
Would you recommend this show? Just noticed it's up on Canadian Netflix, not sure if it's on US

Sounds like a wealth of SRPG goodness. I'd say FE (obviously) or Tactics Ogre, but you really can't go wrong with any of those.

If you like strategy rpgs get Fire emblem

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Would say FFT but the slowdown in the PSP version is so ass. You're better off with the PS1 or the iOS version. PS1 is still the definitive version though.

Tactics Ogre is so good though. Really, really good.

Would say FFT but the slowdown in the PSP version is so ass. You're better off with the PS1 or the iOS version. PS1 is still the definitive version though.

Tactics Ogre is so good though. Really, really good.

What about the extra characters and missions? I thought Balthier being in it sounded pretty cool.

JABEE

About to start breaking bad season 5 used on unblock me to get the canada version of Netflix
Edit: nvm watching "The Watch" with I'm surprised to see up

Would you recommend this show? Just noticed it's up on Canadian Netflix, not sure if it's on US
Yeah. I enjoyed the first 3 seasons a lot. This year wasn't as good.

I recommend The League and Always Sunny if you haven't seen them yet.

Godslay

Banned
True, however there are plenty of teams that have been good (or at least noteworthy) for long enough

Steelers/Ravens
Ravens/Pats
Giants/Pats
Saints/Falcons
Giants/Cowboys (not that the Cowboys are relevant, but let's face it they're mega popular)

The Broncos being in that three way tie was stupid too. Broncos have only been relevant again for one season, and the rest of their division is trash.

Two seasons! Get it right!

All things are cyclical. All those teams are bound to be horseshit at some point. Nothing against them.

Just like the 90's with the AFC West. KC/Den games back then were intense. Things changed. Fuck it wasn't that long ago that NFC West sucked. All it takes is a good season, and teams are relevant again.

Matugi

Of the first 100 posts in the Kate Upton thread, roughly 20 are negative comments about her looks, vs. 17 positives (didn't count ambivalent comments.)

GAF be crazy.

She is ridiculously hot and her boobs are amazing, but there are others I would take over her.

I was looking at a picture of all the NFL team helmets with my daughter and she was guessing the team names. She only knew a few, but did guess Green Bay was "The Cheese".

bionic77

GAF be crazy.
The net loves to shit on everything. And every opinion has to be extreme. Something is either the best or worst.

Very annoying if you are older than 12. The only exception is sports. It is cool and healthy to shit on teams you hate, especially the ones from Boston.

Thursday 10pm. Turn on NBC.

Hannibal, eh? Is that any good? I heard it was in danger of getting cancelled already. Seems it has a pretty good following though.

Yeah, I've given up on NBC save for Hannibal. If they cancel that now, I'm seriously done watching them for good.

Sounds like something Fox would do. After cancelling Family Guy, Firefly and Arrested Development. Now that's a network I'll never get fully behind again.

Hannibal, eh? Is that any good? I heard it was in danger of getting cancelled already. Seems it has a pretty good following though.
It's not good. It's fucking great. If garbage like "The Following" gets a second season and Hannibal is canceled, I give up on network television.

Top Bottom