• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

I thought the Leafs defense let him down on the game winner, but otherwise he just crapped the bed. Every shot seemed to rebound out

WedgeX

Banned
Poor Kave.

Heh, most of my extended family and cousins live in Michigan and are all die hard Red Wings fans. Its always funny seeing how confident they are of the Red Wings since 1996 and Steve Yzerman when Red Wings conversations start, but when I bring up the Lions its always "we'll always suck" or "we're cursed" etc. etc. Hopefully that changes like the 96 Stanley Cup and the 30 year drought it broke IIRC.

Things were bad for Wings fans up until they lost to the Devils, and then gained the rivalry with the Avalanche. Good times to be had. Before that, going to games was damn depressing. People were still chanting Dead Wings. Which was strange, since my family was so upbeat about the Wings. Although, most of that might've been my great-uncle nearly playing for the Wings even if he turned it down to be a Detroit cop. When things turned around for the Wings...well...a couple of my cousins are named for Wings.

Nowadays it certainly keeps my hopes up during any Lions season.

Godslay

Banned
Poor Kave.

Things were bad for Wings fans up until they lost to the Devils, and then gained the rivalry with the Avalanche. Good times to be had. Before that, going to games was damn depressing. People were still chanting Dead Wings. Which was strange, since my family was so upbeat about the Wings. Although, most of that might've been my great-uncle nearly playing for the Wings even if he turned it down to be a Detroit cop. When things turned around for the Wings...well...a couple of my cousins are named for Wings.

Nowadays it certainly keeps my hopes up during any Lions season.

God those games back in the late 90's were fucking awesome. Super Joe is the only hockey jersey I've ever bought, I miss that team. I had some good memories (and bad I guess!), of that time period. But the battles with the Wings were always awesome imo.

WedgeX

Banned
God those games back in the late 90's were fucking awesome. Super Joe is the only hockey jersey I've ever bought, I miss that team. I had some good memories (and bad I guess!), of that time period. But the battles with the Wings were always awesome imo.

Those were my favorite games to watch, without reservation.

cajunator

Banned
Pick an original six team and you should do fine. Although being a Leafs fan is akin to being a Lions fan, with less stomping.

I think I could follow hockey.
lafayette has a minor league team called the Ice Gators and they are fun to watch.
Im not sure how emotionally invested I would be in a team outside my state but I will research the teams.
It might come down to uniform design or playing style.
who knows.

bionic77

Hockey is fun to watch.I follow the Lightning but want to really get into next season.
The NHL regular season has an much meaning and value as the Patriots Superbowls.

If you want to get into it then start by seeing some games live. It is really fun to see a game live and much better than tv.

effzee

Not confirmed but rumors that McNabb to officially retire as an Eagle in September probably week 3 when Reid is back in town.

So glad I bought tickets to that game!

The NHL regular season has an much meaning and value as the Patriots Superbowls.

If you want to get into it then start by seeing some games live. It is really fun to see a game live and much better than tv.

Remember when the Steelers beat the Patriots in the playoffs on their way to a Super Bowl?

WedgeX

Banned
I think I could follow hockey.
lafayette has a minor league team called the Ice Gators and they are fun to watch.
Im not sure how emotionally invested I would be in a team outside my state but I will research the teams.
It might come down to uniform design or playing style.
who knows.

You can root for the Islanders, then! The Ice Gators are apparently one of their minor league affiliates.

One of their coaches sounds awesome.

wiki said:
Sapergia was banned by the league after being disqualified from two games in a row. In Pensacola, Sapergia threw a water bottle onto the ice, then a water cooler, then a pair of medical kits. Sapergia finished the tirade by emptying Louisiana's supply of hockey sticks into play and giving a farewell gesture to the fans as he left the arena.

bionic77

I remember beating the fuck out of the #1 seed 15-1 Steelers in Pittsburgh.

I bet bionic cried after that game.
Not as bad as 2001.

2004 was not as big of a shock. Ben wore down at the end of the season. Hell we barely beat the Jets the week before. The Jets! But we stomped the fuck out of the Pats in the regular season before Ben hit the wall. I was not that surprised when we lost in 2004. I could see it coming.

I also knew he would go on to win at least one SB. From the first game I knew he was a winner. Just like I knew Brady was a dickless demon right from the start.

cdyhybrid

Granted, it was only rookie camp, but it appears that Luke Willson, the TE from Rice, will be the field-stretching threat at the TE spot that the coaches wanted. A nice complement to Zach Miller.

Im sorry Kave. The Wild got stomped, it hurt.

This was more like:

1367274834182_zps2f50b797.gif

Just got back from reading the comments on the pictures NFL posted on facebook of the new stadium. No disappointment, "No trophies lol", "Purple is gay", "GO PACK", "This roof gonna cost way more to fix!", "Who is AD? lol they mean AP", "Why make a stadium for a team that doesnt go to the playoffs", "MUH TAXES!".

Me:
IHo_zps0bac4ee7.gif

Top Bottom