• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Granted, it was only rookie camp, but it appears that Luke Willson, the TE from Rice, will be the field-stretching threat at the TE spot that the coaches wanted. A nice complement to Zach Miller.

It'd be a nice compliment if you had a Quarterback who isn't a midget and could see over the average 6'5 offensive line to make a throw. Doug Flutie 2.0 and Cheatin Pete had a nice run, but the NFC is too competitive this upcoming year for a 5'10 QB to lead a NFL team to another playoff run. The replacement ref win against the Pack certainly helped the overall standings for you guys to make the playoffs to being with.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321028008

Seahawks v. Lions 10/28/2012

Matthew Stafford: 34/49, 352 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, Game Winning Touchdown in the final 10 seconds

Russell Wilson: 25/35, 236 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

Titus Young defended by fellow tweeker Richard Sherman: 9 Receptions, 9 Targets, 100 Yards, 11.1 YPC Average, 2 TDs including the game winning TD in the final 10 seconds.

And this all happened with Marshawn Lynch running the ball for the Hawks' vs. a non existent Lions running game.

It'd be a nice compliment if you had a Quarterback who isn't a midget and could see over the average 6'5 offensive line to make a throw. Doug Flutie 2.0 and Cheatin Pete had a nice run, but the NFC is too competitive this upcoming year for a 5'10 QB to lead a NFL team to another playoff run. The replacement ref win against the Pack certainly helped the overall standings for you guys to make the playoffs to being with.

Titus Young defended by fellow tweeker Richard Sherman: 9 Receptions, 9 Targets, 100 Yards, 11.1 YPC Average, 2 TDs including the game winning TD in the final 10 seconds.

And this all happened with Marshawn Lynch running the ball for the Hawks' vs. a non existent Lions running game.

preach on brother kas!

Godslay

Banned
One day the Broncos might win the SB again.But not with Peyton.Tebow at least gave you a chance.

Tebow was given the choice to go home and play. He chose to go to NY and show the world who Sanchez and Rex really were. Elway was given the mission from God, it was imbued upon Tebow, and Tebow as a warrior god executed the mission. It's simple day to day stuff really.

You are a fool if to think that Tebow being in Denver wasn't simply a mission. Tebow was recruited by McDaniels, when McD was breaking free from the darkness that is NE. McD thought that Tebow could purge him completely of the darkness and evil, but the cheating ways of McD and the remote power control of BB defeated McDaniels. He got caught cheating and was fired. He then had to go to the Rams in order to prove to BB, that he would do whatever it took to nestle back to his bosom.

Meanwhile, back in Denver, Tebow had to purge McD's evil leftovers in the form of Orton. He handily did so, and lead the team to the playoffs. Since Elway is a good friend of Tebow's dad, he blessed us with a win over the rapist in order to mount a surprise attack at the heart of darkness. Darkness and evil knew of the plan, and were prepared. They conjured up the most evil of all magic 'The Female QB punt'.

When this magic was executed, it severely weakened Tebow. It corrupted the mind of Elvis Dumervil, it even fooled Andy Reid into thinking there was free fried chicken in the AFC West.

All was not lost though. Elway then sent Tebow on a slightly less challenging mission, in order to grow and recharge his strength. In the meantime, a paladin who had fallen in battle long ago, was finally mended. He out grew his old training ground, and had moved on to give room for a new warrior of light to train in Indy. He and Elway have united to mount an attack to the heart of darkness, and restore the trophy to it's former glory.

In order to bring this trophy back to the closest city to heaven in the NFL, Peyton had to sacrifice a playoff game in the first round in order to appease the three horde demons known as 'Brow Beast', 'Yukmouth Beast', and 'Antler Beast'. Now that this sacrifice has been made, we have a clear path to bring the light back to the NFL.

So if you knew your lore, you wouldn't say Tebow gives us the best chance. He was simply part of the prophecy!

gol15.jpg

Half pound? I'll take six! And a large fries!

Went to the Bucs draft party and met a bunch of players. Freeman was looking lean and mean, ready for his 1st Probowl season.

NXWEujh.png

Wanted to post this a few weeks back but I forgot.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
preach on brother kas!

I didn't have time to edit my post after looking at the boxscore for that game last October: Matthew Stafford actually had 4 Touchdowns against the Seahawks. He had 4 carries for 12 yards and 1 Touchdown once again displaying his athleticism. Without Jahvid Best or a decent speed back (like Reggie Bush or CJ Spiller), Matthew Stafford was the only Lion to rush for a TD that game.

The Seahawks core consists of a midget Quarterback, Percy Harvin who doesn't show up for NFL games because he quits on his team due to "headaches", a meth-head who got destroyed by another meth-head, and a Head Coach banned from the NCAA for cheating. I honestly have never gotten the hype surrounding the Seahawks except for the stud play of Marshawn Lynch, and the fact they're in a weak division.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally hit 150 Platinums, Bioshock Infinite taking that milestone

txbSZBB.png

50 more to go till 200!, got 8 months to reach it (before PS4 release)

cashman

Banned
I'll watch the NHL as soon as Seattle takes the Bucks away and they move an NHL team to the Bradley Center.

I've said it half a dozen times on these forums and I still stand by it....it's a crime that Wisconsin lacks a pro hockey team even though kids grow up playing it there (unlike the South)

Catching up on this thread, but I absolutely agree with this.

GraveRobberX

Wtf where do you find the money and time for all these games!

I am that anomaly in the Matrix

Backlog:
Ljjv8e5l.jpg

While you Nextflix on your PS3, I'm busy earning trophies/plats
I see you sign in FMT for a hour or two, then sign off for a few days, if I sign off for more than a day, half my friend list starts worrying where I was gone lol

Greg

That would be like suicide for me

So far Platinumed 27 titles in 2013, still got 8 months to go in the year lol
I've played Path of Exile and Mech Warrior Online

trophyless future!

Well, someone call Fattford. Looks like he's in a party of one now.
don't let the camera angles fool you, they tend to subtract 75 lbs

Wtf where do you find the money and time for all these games!
I guess I should've PM'd you instead of randomly posting in this thread a while back, but you should check out Arcane Root's debut album:

http://open.spotify.com/album/458ipZIlqtSrC598UdfP9c

Backlog:
Ljjv8e5l.jpg

I see you sign in FMT for a hour or two, then sign off for a few days, if I sign off for more than a day, half my friend list starts worrying where I was gone lol

I'm a filthy poor without cable/satellite! Netflix is my background noise.... Or Simpsons DVDs. Seasons 2-9 only!

Ps

Ill check them out at work tomorrow Greg thanks for the tip. I was recommended the band Metz today, not sure if you've heard them. Not too shabby.... They'd fit right in with some early 90s grunge but it seems like the vocalist hides his voice in a wall of sound. Still worth a listen!

squicken

I didn't have time to edit my post after looking at the boxscore for that game last October: Matthew Stafford actually had 4 Touchdowns against the Seahawks. He had 4 carries for 12 yards and 1 Touchdown once again displaying his athleticism. Without Jahvid Best or a decent speed back (like Reggie Bush or CJ Spiller), Matthew Stafford was the only Lion to rush for a TD that game.

The Seahawks core consists of a midget Quarterback, Percy Harvin who doesn't show up for NFL games because he quits on his team due to "headaches", a meth-head who got destroyed by another meth-head, and a Head Coach banned from the NCAA for cheating. I honestly have never gotten the hype surrounding the Seahawks except for the stud play of Marshawn Lynch, and the fact they're in a weak division.

So close to another perfect post, but getting all the other stuff right is still good work

Backlog:
Ljjv8e5l.jpg

Lets play Tekken Tag 2 sometime <3

squicken

It is batshit insane that Andy Reid, running a professional football team in this modern era, had taco day and fast food day. What a dumb idea. Whichever one of the Eagles guys who has the insane hate for Reid may have been right all along

GraveRobberX

Lets play Tekken Tag 2 sometime <3

I really do suck at it

I single-handedly bough it for the Aim to Win song LOL (also $25 during Black Friday was a fucking steal)
Just to show support for giving me such an awesome tune

Couldn't believe the install was a whopping 8+GB

Gonna see if I can plat it, not really good with fighters, can pull some combos off, but can't juggle for shit lol

This last 9 months I played about 70% of x-com, the first hour of Max Payne 3, and about 10 hours of MLB The Show 13.

I still like videogames I think. Its not even that I dont have time, I dunno.

cajunator

Banned
You ok cajun?

One of the customers fuel tanks is phase separated and working around it is tying up my best driver.
now the progress we made catching back up over the weekend is fucking shot.
so I was trying to channel jamaican spirituality to relax because im fucking pissed off.
somebody post buttfumble.

I really do suck at it

I single-handedly bough it for the Aim to Win song LOL (also $25 during Black Friday was a fucking steal)
Just to show support for giving me such an awesome tune

Couldn't believe the install was a whopping 8+GB

Gonna see if I can plat it, not really good with fighters, can pull some combos off, but can't juggle for shit lol

It's not a very hard plat at all, it's just a bitch going through Combot mode several times to get the points/money to reach the Super Combot DX trophy.

Also, a hint to get to Tekken Lord offline - Lee Chaolan Down+4,4,4,4 (right kick) xD

One of the customers fuel tanks is phase separated and working around it is tying up my best driver.
now the progress we made catching back up over the weekend is fucking shot.
so I was trying to channel jamaican spirituality to relax because im fucking pissed off.
somebody post buttfumble.

Buttfumble.gif

Draxal

I'm still only playing fire emblem, but just for like a couple minutes a day; just grinding for the harder dlc that's about to come out.

squicken

I would tell any woman with the money to do it, to do what Angelina Jolie did. That said, her tits were awesome in their day and I am glad HBO put Gia on Bluray

cdyhybrid

reading the comments

This is where you went wrong.

Titus Young is in jail now so you guys would have no shot. I'd say see you in the playoffs but we both know you won't be there.

Greg

I'm a filthy poor without cable/satellite! Netflix is my background noise.... Or Simpsons DVDs. Seasons 2-9 only!

Ps

Ill check them out at work tomorrow Greg thanks for the tip. I was recommended the band Metz today, not sure if you've heard them. Not too shabby.... They'd fit right in with some early 90s grunge but it seems like the vocalist hides his voice in a wall of sound. Still worth a listen!
I'll check them out tomorrow because I'm about ready for sleep

cajunator

Banned
It's not a very hard plat at all, it's just a bitch going through Combot mode several times to get the points/money to reach the Super Combot DX trophy.

Also, a hint to get to Tekken Lord offline - Lee Chaolan Down+4,4,4,4 (right kick) xD

Buttfumble.gif

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

JABEE

It is batshit insane that Andy Reid, running a professional football team in this modern era, had taco day and fast food day. What a dumb idea. Whichever one of the Eagles guys who has the insane hate for Reid may have been right all along

I posted this earlier and suggested that Mr. Freeman request to be traded to the Kansas City Chiefs.

I would tell any woman with the money to do it, to do what Angelina Jolie did. That said, her tits were awesome in their day and I am glad HBO put Gia on Bluray
Her in Tomb Raider is peak. It was on at the gym earlier.
I was like daaaaaaaaamn lemme holla atcha.

2 references, 1 post.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If the 11-5 Seahawks had gone 10-6 they would still have been in the playoffs in the same seed on account of beating both the 10-6 Bears and 10-6 Vikings in the regular season. You went 0-2 against both of them. Why is that?

Hell, you lost to the fucking Cardinals in week 15 after we destroyed them in week 14.

Pfft. Week 8. Who cares? Just another lesson for a developing QB.

Vyroxis

Banned
Saw all the concept pictures for the new stadium this morning, and I'm torn. It looks a hell of a lot better than the dome for sure, but is still looks.... Strange. I dunno. What is the projected seating? I didn't catch that part.

:Kas would go crazy If he just saw NFL AM, one of the hosts said He dosent believe Staffords a elite Qb. He said FatFords a 4 win Qb with a really good Wr.

I can just imagine :Kas steaming in his head right now

squicken

I love the look of the new Vikings stadium. I think it is the best looking stadium in all of sports now.

I think as far as existing stadiums, nothing beats Lucas Oil in Indy. The big glass window letting all that light in works so well. It's also really well integrated into the downtown there.

Milchjon

I think as far as existing stadiums, nothing beats Lucas Oil in Indy. The big glass window letting all that light in works so well. It's also really well integrated into the downtown there.

Lucas Oil is beautiful.

I like how bright the Minnesota stadium is. The Peterson pic/projection/poster is something they shouldn't do for real, though.

Top Bottom