• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

eznark

Banned
I think as far as existing stadiums, nothing beats Lucas Oil in Indy. The big glass window letting all that light in works so well. It's also really well integrated into the downtown there.

Not really. It's nice that it's right off the highway there though so access and exit is not usually a huge nightmare. As far as being integrated into downtown though, not so much. It's on the outskirts and not super friendly to walk anywhere. As fuck-awful as the stadium is, Cincinnati has done a great job building up their downtown around the stadiums. Pittsburgh as well. I haven't been to enough different football stadiums to really think of any others. Nothing is nearly as atrocious as Foxboro.

Slo

Angelina Jolie got both her girls cut off.

tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

Tabris

Not really. It's nice that it's right off the highway there though so access and exit is not usually a huge nightmare. As far as being integrated into downtown though, not so much. It's on the outskirts and not super friendly to walk anywhere. As fuck-awful as the stadium is, Cincinnati has done a great job building up their downtown around the stadiums. Pittsburgh as well. I haven't been to enough different football stadiums to really think of any others. Nothing is nearly as atrocious as Foxboro.

When I went to Foxboro (to cheer AGAINST the Pats), it was like a 2 hour drive from Boston due to all of the traffic and almost $50 for parking. It was insane.

The complex around Foxboro is top notch though, and the actual stadium is quite nice.

eznark

Banned
The complex is a fucking tourist trap strip mall. How is that top notch?

Yeah, the stadium is dope as hell. That march of death to get in and out of the complex on game day though is the worst thing in sports.

Angelina Jolie got both her girls cut off.
Preventative double mastectomy should be a war crime. We'll always have Gigli.

The Oakland Raiders stadium is much worse.

eznark

Banned
I know. I think I caught parts of it on TV once, but I probably should watch it someday. Just read the story of the real Gia, crazy shit.

Make sure you watch a not for TV version.

The Oakland Raiders stadium is much worse.

Never been. I don't think I've ever even seen it. I've probably only been to like 10 NFL stadiums.

You're hilarious today. Top notch.
German's get so touchy when you bring up war crimes.

Draxal

New Giants Stadium is just ... nothing special for its insane cost. MSG will always be the king of all the NY area stadiums.

brentech

Preventative double mastectomy should be a war crime.

One of my wife's co-workers just had this done 2 days ago. Has to be rough.
As to keeping things light, she said she's replacing with her dream boobs and having C cup implants....so at least there's that. Oh, guess I should mention that she actually already had cancer, not just pure speculation based.

German's get so touchy when you bring up war crimes.

npG2I6K.gif

fresh off the gifcam press! evil buster laugh!

I love Mike Pouncey, whenever he makes any comments he always seems pretty genuine and down to earth. Plus he's a fantastic center. Speaking on Tannehill:

“He has to be a more of a vocal leader," Pouncey said of Tannehill. "He has to keep us on the field on third downs which he has done a great job of. I think it is going to be a collective thing on offense this year. We have to run the ball to help him out. But I think he is ready to take next step for us."

I hope he's right. On Jonathan Martin at LT:

"I think Jonathan Martin will do a great job," Pouncey said. "Left tackle is his position. He played it all throughout college. I think he is more comfortable on that side of the football and he has a year underneath his belt in the NFL. I think this year he is going to go out – he has put on 20 more pounds – and do a great job for us."
You hear that, squicken? 20 pounds! He'll make a believer out of you yet!

My belief in Martin is going to backfire so hard isn't it?

bionic77

We don't have "TV versions" unless it's about violence. You can stumble across boobs on afternoon public TV.
Euroweirds.

I don't want my kids being exposed to big, beautiful tits on television!

In the US we do it right. Sex is something we should all be ashamed of. Only for procreation and maybe when the weather is really bad or the tv reception goes out.

First look at Chip's practice: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/m...Practice/d4312a50-18b6-4113-bbc9-d1ebae39c911

Hollis Thomas covers the Eagles for wip and he was at practice yesterday. He said Vick is in by far the best shape he has been in since joining the Eagles. Said his arm was stronger and that he was much quicker. He said Foles looked really slow trying to do the read option stuff, I kind of feel bad for Foles having to do stuff like that that he isnt physically able to do. He also said that Lane Johnson really surprised him with how quick he was.

eznark

Banned
First look at Chip's practice: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/m...Practice/d4312a50-18b6-4113-bbc9-d1ebae39c911

Hollis Thomas covers the Eagles for wip and he was at practice yesterday. He said Vick is in by far the best shape he has been in since joining the Eagles. Said his arm was stronger and that he was much quicker. He said Foles looked really slow trying to do the read option stuff, I kind of feel bad for Foles having to do stuff like that that he isnt physically able to do. He also said that Lane Johnson really surprised him with how quick he was.

This is why they hurt you. When a story tracks identically to the narrative the team is building (and is at the teams site) maybe be a bit more hesitant to buy into it.

Nice article on the scouting process the Saints went through in drafting Vacarro.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/05/anatomy_of_a_draft_pick_a_deta.html

The first thorough scouting report on Vaccaro in the Saints' file came last spring from the National Football Scouting service, to which 21 NFL teams subscribe. National Football Scouting employs 11 scouts who cover every football-playing school in the country and produce reports on roughly 1,200 upcoming seniors each spring. They'll deliver this year's reports at the end of this month at their annual combine meeting.

One of those 11 scouts is Saints coach Joe Vitt's son, Joey, who also works as an assistant in the Saints' scouting department. All 11 scouts are affiliated with NFL teams, though they share their information with all 21 member teams. Vitt is primarily responsible for the area including Louisiana, Mississippi and parts of Alabama.

The Saints do their own follow-up scouting on every one of the players discussed during that national meeting. But as Pace said, it does help give teams "an initial blueprint" for which players they'll focus on first.

More at the article...

eznark

Banned
The idea that Mike Vick is going to be put into a position to make even more fast paced decisions and in a even more precarious position in terms of ball security is probably the dumbest fucking thing in the world to me. Possessions are insanely valuable in the NFL. Chip is essentially giving a number of them away over the course of the year by expecting Vick to protect the ball in a read option situation.

I liked the idea of running that offense with Foles to give him more time in the pocket. I hate it with Vick because running will be a real option and not a pseudo-block.

Jerah outlines his vision for Romo helping design the Cowboys game plans:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-outlines-tony-romos-role-in-game-planning/

“He certainly had a lot of time on the job before he ever started and played. He has a unique grasp of our offensive concepts. The people who are around him the most — his coaches — tell me he’s never had a bad idea,” Jones said. “If you think about where he’s at right now, he’s 10 years older than most of the players we have on the field. We think his skill level right now is very much where we hoped it would be and will be for several years to come. But what we want to use more than we ever have is the kind of thing that (Roger) Staubach contributed – input into designing a plan that helps us beat that opponent.”

Jones said that Romo has had input in the offense in the past, but nothing like what they want to see him have this season. That fits with the owner’s desire to see Romo take a page from Peyton Manning’s playbook and it also offers further explanation for why Romo’s decided to cut back on his golf game for the near future.

Tabris

The worst stadium is Qualcomm Stadium. It was an absolute dive. At least out of the ones that I've been to (out of the 3, haha, but the other 2 (Foxboro and CenturyLink) are streets ahead).

This is why they hurt you. When a story tracks identically to the narrative the team is building (and is at the teams site) maybe be a bit more hesitant to buy into it.

This is so fucking true but there is no point at all being a fan if you are not going to get emotionally invested and potentially hurt.

Has his body ever held up?

When has Shady's body not held up? If anything people have been screaming for years for him to get more touches.

Nakazato

Report: Father says Titus Young suffers brain disorder

Titus Young’s father says that his son suffers from a brain disorder and that his behavior his changed since a concussion suffered during his rookie season that the Detroit Lions never announced as an injury.

Richard Young told Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News that his son was happy and cheerful Friday morning before leaving the family’s home and eventually being arrested and charged with burglary, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. It was the third arrest for Young in a week.

“His mind is not capable enough to go out and deal with society because of this situation," Richard Young told Katzenstein.

Edit: Sry Kave :( Maybe the Browns will go 7-9

Tebow was given the choice to go home and play. He chose to go to NY and show the world who Sanchez and Rex really were. Elway was given the mission from God, it was imbued upon Tebow, and Tebow as a warrior god executed the mission. It's simple day to day stuff really.

You are a fool if to think that Tebow being in Denver wasn't simply a mission. Tebow was recruited by McDaniels, when McD was breaking free from the darkness that is NE. McD thought that Tebow could purge him completely of the darkness and evil, but the cheating ways of McD and the remote power control of BB defeated McDaniels. He got caught cheating and was fired. He then had to go to the Rams in order to prove to BB, that he would do whatever it took to nestle back to his bosom.

Meanwhile, back in Denver, Tebow had to purge McD's evil leftovers in the form of Orton. He handily did so, and lead the team to the playoffs. Since Elway is a good friend of Tebow's dad, he blessed us with a win over the rapist in order to mount a surprise attack at the heart of darkness. Darkness and evil knew of the plan, and were prepared. They conjured up the most evil of all magic 'The Female QB punt'.

When this magic was executed, it severely weakened Tebow. It corrupted the mind of Elvis Dumervil, it even fooled Andy Reid into thinking there was free fried chicken in the AFC West.

All was not lost though. Elway then sent Tebow on a slightly less challenging mission, in order to grow and recharge his strength. In the meantime, a paladin who had fallen in battle long ago, was finally mended. He out grew his old training ground, and had moved on to give room for a new warrior of light to train in Indy. He and Elway have united to mount an attack to the heart of darkness, and restore the trophy to it's former glory.

In order to bring this trophy back to the closest city to heaven in the NFL, Peyton had to sacrifice a playoff game in the first round in order to appease the three horde demons known as 'Brow Beast', 'Yukmouth Beast', and 'Antler Beast'. Now that this sacrifice has been made, we have a clear path to bring the light back to the NFL.

So if you knew your lore, you wouldn't say Tebow gives us the best chance. He was simply part of the prophecy!
Quoting for a new page. This... this is beautiful stuff.

Top Bottom