• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
god bless your shitty punt returner.... i don't even know his name. and wasn't he #10? it's like the football gods were trying to pay us back for kyle williams but they still owe us!

I'm seriously looking forward to watching the Niners enjoy the Super Bowl loser's curse this next season!

I'm also glad that Puff Daddy isn't going to be on Downton Abbey....that was the worst rumor ever!

jbug617

Banned
If you guys are buying Madden 25 Anniversary Edition buy it from Amazon. You get 1yr free of Sunday Ticket when you buy it from Amazon.
madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-ps3_880.jpg
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/15/43...ition-free-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-exclusive

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not actually free, it sounds like you have to subscribe to DirectTV. I'm almost positive they were giving away Sunday Ticket for free to new subscribers last fall anyway.

Edit: if this was for the PS3 version, I'd be all over this in an instant.

jbug617

Banned
It's not actually free, it sounds like you have to subscribe to DirectTV. I'm almost positive they were giving away Sunday Ticket for free to new subscribers last fall anyway.

Here is what non-Direct TV customers get
Non-subscribers who can't get DirecTV service will be entitled to a free trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2013 season — including the Red Zone Channel, which shows all plays within 20 yards of the end zone — that they can access on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Both the Red Zone Channel and non-TV access are usually confined to Sunday Ticket Max.

If you guys are buying Madden 25 Anniversary Edition buy it from Amazon. You get 1yr free of Sunday Ticket when you buy it from Amazon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/15/43...ition-free-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-exclusive

That is amazon. I cant believe you dont even have to have Directv for it to work. Has anyone here tried Sunday ticket on PC? Since I am moving to Vegas I was going to get it anyway and now that I can get it for free I am willing to do it on PC.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Can't you just say you live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow dishes?

I dunno, I tend to believe that companies like to protect their bottom line as much as possible so I'd say no.

I imagine the whole purpose of the promo is to get people subscribed to Direct TV.

I imagine that Barry pulls a Megatron and shrugs it off.

The entirety of the franchise and every former player, however. They best watch their knees.

Barry Sanders Jr. is gonna get cursed :(

bionic77

Pats will be a better team than the Steelers in 3 years.
In 3 years Tammy will have retired and moved to France and Ben will be washed up and crippled. The Pats might be slightly better than our 4 win team but no one will give a shit and will focus on the Browns and Bills who will both control the divisions.

Something's will never change. The Bungles will still bungle and the Jets will still suck serious dick.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Every DirecTV subscriber gets week 1 of sunday ticket for free. Might as well sling that crack out to non-subscribers as well

Oh lol "free trial" didnt even consider that.

They even had that on the PS3 when that first launched if I'm remembering right.

In 3 years Tammy will have retired and moved to France and Ben will be washed up and crippled. The Pats might be slightly better than our 4 win team but no one will give a shit and will focus on the Browns and Bills who will both control the divisions.

Something's will never change. The Bungles will still bungle and the Jets will still suck serious dick.

Brady has a better chance of still playing in 3 years than Bens raggedy ass who cant stay healthy a whole season.

bionic77

I didn't see they added four more from the undrafted pool. Maybe they won't be doing open tryouts this year for a change!
We have bad the worst luck with lineman health since Cowher left.

We have some young studs. Hope they can all stay in the field. I would love to see Ben get a good running and and pass protection one more time while he is still good.

Depending on the Lions schedule, I might have to buy that Madden.

Really want to play Madden and $40 for Sunday Ticket is too good to pass up.

Dragon

Banned
Seriously. Whole team is Brady. Belichick can't draft for shit. Once he goes Pats are basement dwellers.

This directly goes in the face of the people claiming Brady is a system QB and using Matt Cassel as evidence. Can't have it both ways!

Also, not sure why you're shitting on Belichick, while a ton of their defensive picks haven't worked out, getting picks like Gronk, Hernandez, Vollmer, Solder, Vereen and Ridley recently isn't anything to scoff at.

WedgeX

Banned
Depending on the Lions schedule, I might have to buy that Madden.

Really want to play Madden and $40 for Sunday Ticket is too good to pass up.

Week 1: vs. Vikings, 1 p.m. Sept. 8
Week 2: at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. Sept. 15
Week 3: at Redskins, 1 p.m. Sept. 22
Week 4: vs. Bears, 1 p.m. Sept. 29
Week 5: at Packers, 1 p.m. Oct. 6
Week 6: at Browns, 1 p.m. Oct. 13
Week 7: vs. Bengals, 1 p.m. Oct. 20
Week 8: vs. Cowboys, 1 p.m. Oct. 27
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: at Bears, 1 p.m. Nov. 10
Week 11: at Steelers, 1 p.m. Nov. 17
Week 12: vs. Buccaneers, 1 p.m. Nov. 24
Week 13: vs. Packers (Thanksgiving), 12:30 p.m. Nov. 28
Week 14: at Eagles, 1 p.m. Dec. 8
Week 15: vs. Ravens (Monday Night Football), 8:40 p.m. Dec. 16
Week 16: vs. Giants, 4:05 p.m. Dec. 22
Week 17: at Vikings, 1 p.m. Dec. 29

I'm planning on flying home for Thanksgiving and going to the Packers game. Should be good!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers have tons of depth at lineman going into camp. So much so that they're trying to get rid of Max Starks for the 14 time.

He's coming back to the Steelers as soon as they lose a lineman. In the first preseason game. :(

Hot damn. If I can manage to get that deal using the non dish / ps3 only setup, that'd be golden.

http://i.imgur.com/npG2I6K.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

My computer parts will be here on Friday. Get hype!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
what you get?

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($214.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1144.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-15 23:53 EDT-0400)

good for the grizzlies. i want to see some new blood in the finals! grizz vs. pacers!

p.s.

poor kevin durant. said he was tired of finishing 2nd but didn't say anything about finishing 7th!

Top Bottom