• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

Why are you hating on your own people? Wisconsin is like 95% German! :(

You should have been a Packer fan! If you get into baseball, at least pick the Brewers since they're all about beer and bratwursts.

I think I'd enjoy Wisconsin a lot. One day I'll move there and be the best Pats fan around!

And Miller Park (that's the name right?) looks beautiful.

mr2xxx

Banned
Kevin Seifert actually posted some interesting statistics today.

Time in pocket: NFC North QBs in 2012
Quarterback Avg. TIP NFL rank Sack per drop-back
Christian Ponder 2.61 sec. 12 5.8
Matthew Stafford 2.62 sec. 13 3.8
Jay Cutler 2.74 sec. 24 7.7
Aaron Rodgers 2.82 sec. 35 8.0

Already knew that the Lions offensive line was ranked highly by pff last year due exclusively to its pass protection, but hadn't seen the statistics to back it up.

Isn't more time in pocket better?

WedgeX

Banned
Isn't more time in pocket better?

Well it looks like there is a correlation between sacks and drop-back time. But, that extra time might allow for better decisions/more plays to open up while sacrificing the quarterbacks body. We need even more statistics now!

Cloud Atlas was interesting. I liked it but how much I actually liked it I won't be sure of until I watch it again. There's a great deal to soak in with it. I can easily see how some would hate it.

effzee

Cloud Atlas was interesting. I liked it but how much I actually liked it I won't be sure of until I watch it again. There's a great deal to soak in with it. I can easily see how some would hate it.

I read the book and liked it enough. Not sure if I loved it. Have no desire to watch the movie for some reason.

I read the book and liked it enough. Not sure if I loved it. Have no desire to watch the movie for some reason.
The score and visuals are amazing. Well worth it for that alone. It's a challenging movie though. There are so many connecting dots between the various story lines that it's easy to miss a lot in one sitting. I want to take it once or twice more before fully committing to "yeah, this is really great". It's definitely interesting.

cashman

Banned

Book and Movie have slightly different themes. The movie makes it out to be kind of like a generations long love story, where in the book its more about human equality. I thought the movie was pretty well done though.

Wii U bros, don't forget to pick up Super Metroid for $0.30. I'm just starting it now for the first time. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

i picked it up. i could've swore i've played this game before but i played the first 20 mins or so and i don't remember any of this. i might be thinking of one of the other GBA games (zero mission or fusion). it is embarrassing to me that i never played super metroid but i only had a genesis growing up!

squicken

Well it looks like there is a correlation between sacks and drop-back time. But, that extra time might allow for better decisions/more plays to open up while sacrificing the quarterbacks body. We need even more statistics now!

They need to show TIP for attempts and TIP for sacks. A QB with a high TIP for sacks is doing his line no favors, and a QB with a low TIP is getting killed by his line. It's not hard and fast, b/c some QBs move in the pocket better than others. It's one of those things where you really have to watch the tape to know what is really going on

squicken

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
Belichick wishes he’d been coaching the Bears in 1969 so he could have cut Brian Piccolo.

Oh man this was great.

WedgeX

Banned
They need to show TIP for attempts and TIP for sacks. A QB with a high TIP for sacks is doing his line no favors, and a QB with a low TIP is getting killed by his line. It's not hard and fast, b/c some QBs move in the pocket better than others. It's one of those things where you really have to watch the tape to know what is really going on

Stats! We need more of 'em!

bionic77

I pity anyone who grew up without playing Super Metroid.

I knew that shit was a masterpiece back in the 90s before there was any Internet to talk about this shit on!

You can get scary good at the game if you play enough.

jakncoke

Banned
i picked it up. i could've swore i've played this game before but i played the first 20 mins or so and i don't remember any of this. i might be thinking of one of the other GBA games (zero mission or fusion). it is embarrassing to me that i never played super metroid but i only had a genesis growing up!

Bet you wore out Joe Montana football game

WedgeX

Banned
I need a new online multiplayer game to get hooked on. arma2/DayZ burned me right out, and one night of Civ IV a week isn't enough!

Did a penalty get called on a defender when a guy tried to dunk on him? Because that's how I imagine all NBA penalties.

they reviewed it and didn't call the flagrant but lebrons flopping is hilarious. apparently the 5'9 nate robinson is so big and strong that he can just manhandle lebron while trying to defend a pass. lebron snaps his head back to make it look like a bulldozer ran into him

Gobias

Banned
Cribbs on signing with the Raiders:
"I want a team that's stable and a team that's on the verge and missing a piece to become a Super Bowl-caliber team," Cribbs said. "I want to be with the a team that's missing (a kick returner); that's missing a piece of the puzzle to be great."
He picked the wrong team then.

Cribbs really hasn't been that great his past couple of years especially with his fumbling problems.

Colasante

well he's just saying that's what he WANTS, not what actually happened. no superbowl contenders wanted him

The Patriots wanted him before realizing he had a bum knee and signed Leon Washington instead. He certainly has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl with the Raiders than the Jets.

Draxal

I know, I guess I just don't like steering new players towards casual because I feel like it's robbing them of a big part of the FE experience. I know that sounds snobby and I really am glad casual mode exists (and I don't hold it against anyone who plays that way), but I feel like Classic should be the de facto choice unless someone knows it isn't for them.

Plus, Chan has played a bunch of SRPG's. Don't go easy on him!

On a football related note, did you see Wallace's comments about Tannehill today?

I play on casual just because 5 saves >>> 3 saves and screw having a char die to a 1% crit, I'll still reset on casual but i'll reset too halfway through the batte instead of the beginning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cribbs fumbles on special teams? Sounds like a natural fit for Green Bay! :(

My butthole still clenches up on punt and kickoff returns.

Cribbs fumbles on special teams? Sounds like a natural fit for Green Bay! :(

My butthole still clenches up on punt and kickoff returns.

god bless your shitty punt returner.... i don't even know his name. and wasn't he #10? it's like the football gods were trying to pay us back for kyle williams but they still owe us!

Draxal

god bless your shitty punt returner.... i don't even know his name. and wasn't he #10? it's like the football gods were trying to pay us back for kyle williams but they still owe us!

Well if Kyle Williams was divine retribution for the Matt Dodge/Jackson touchdown return; I'll gladly take it.

Top Bottom