• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Colasante

After cutting Brandon Deaderick a few days ago, Patriots are now cutting Kyle Love after he was diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. Now it is a lot more imperative that Tommy Kelly and Armond Armstead pan out behind Wilfork.

After cutting Brandon Deaderick a few days ago, Patriots are now cutting Kyle Love after he was diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. Now it is a lot more imperative that Tommy Kelly and Armond Armstead pan out behind Wilfork.

I could see Deaderick getting cut, but Kyle Love too?! :(

Colasante

I could see Deaderick getting cut, but Kyle Love too?! :(

I just hope it pans out better than the offseason they cut James Sander and Brandon Meriweather, and expected Sergio Brown to act as a starting-caliber safety. Theoretically I like Kelly and Armstead better than Deaderick and Love, but the depth at the position is very concerning. I'm afraid that if Wilfork went down, the season might be over.

Tamanon

Banned
Someone posted a good pic for Browns news in another thread.

tumblr_m3ici1dWAw1qfw2dno1_250.gif

Don't think it's been posted, but Deangelo Williams has restructured his contract.

According to Brian MacIntyre of Yahoo! Sports, the Panthers have restructured the deal of DeAngelo Williams, which could keep him in town through 2015.

The move peels $3.2 million off this year’s salary cap, and also cuts into the cash Williams was due to make in future years by $8 million over the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Without that concession, there was a real possibility this would have been his last year in Carolina, and only because the bonus acceleration made him too costly to cut this year.

Gettleman is still cleaning up Hurney's messes.

effzee

Doesn't make sense why the Jets went with Garrard over other possible veteran QBs on the market. He hadn't played in 2 years and it was well known his knees were a major problem.

JESTS!

Now they have to start Sanchez or force Geno to start now.

jakncoke

Banned
Doesn't make sense why the Jets went with Garrard over other possible veteran QBs on the market. He hadn't played in 2 years and it was well known his knees were a major problem.

JESTS!

OR!

TWEHvrA.jpg

Fox318

I think Garrard is a good dude and I had hoped he would at least be able to last through minicamps.

Jets need to pick up a vet backup or they risk a fucking crazy year at the QB position unless Geno really steps up as the man.

So the 3 qbs to ride into the season will be Sanchez, Geno, McElroy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

JESTS!

I feel like Rex Ryan does everything in his power to justify keeping Sanchez as the starter.

That said, I don't know if Palmer or Alex Smith was the solution anyway. Honestly Garrard could have been just as good as those two if his knees weren't garbage.

From what I've seen from the Jets as an organization is that they want to be a defense first team and then play Marty Ball on offense. How in the world you can't figure out how to utilize Tebow in that scenario I have no idea but Jest gonna Jest. Now they have this new pass happy offensive coordinator and if they seriously go away from Marty Ball then you have to consider the Jets a candidate for Clowney next season because neither Sanchez nor Geno Smith should be passing the ball more than 20 times a game.

jakncoke

Banned
I assume the next stage in the Jets QB nonsense will be Geno getting injured in training camp.

Sanchize tears ACL
Geno goes into rehab for coke addiction
McElroy retires

Tebow is signed and passed 99-391- 1295 yards 11 tds 15 int and they win 5 games

Fox318

I feel like Rex Ryan does everything in his power to justify keeping Sanchez as the starter.

That said, I don't know if Palmer or Alex Smith was the solution anyway. Honestly Garrard could have been just as good as those two if his knees weren't garbage.

From what I've seen from the Jets as an organization is that they want to be a defense first team and then play Marty Ball on offense. How in the world you can't figure out how to utilize Tebow in that scenario I have no idea but Jest gonna Jest. Now they have this new pass happy offensive coordinator and if they seriously go away from Marty Ball then you have to consider the Jets a candidate for Clowney next season because neither Sanchez nor Geno Smith should be passing the ball more than 20 times a game.

Rex stood by Sanchez because he has the body to be a good QB and Rex hoped that he would gain the mental skills needed to perform in the league. After last season though Rex knows his job is on the line and that he needs to play the future of the organization regardless of who it is. Having Teblow off the team should make things a little better media wise as it gets the Jets off First Take and the Westburo Baptist Chuch emailer list.

Regardless of who starts at QB the GM is trying to move the team forward and improve the team.

effzee

Nothing they do or have done makes any sense. And Tebow was obviously not the answer.

Draft Mark Sanchez and then work on reducing the skill position talent level around him over 4 years. The guys he has to work with today are worst than what he walked into as a rookie.

All the focus has been on the defense and even that had to be retooled this off season. Still no WRs or RBs, and instead they already drafted his replacement. I think Tannanbaum was just a cap guy who got fooled by Rex into believing the hype about every player that Rex wanted. Now they are paying for the terrible deals they gave to everyone.

Maybe all their plans would make sense if internally they like Rex a lot more than they let on and have assured him it won't take much for him to be retained. This way he can start Geno or work him in early enough, win maybe 6 games, and keep his job.

You can always start over if it is too easy.
I know, I guess I just don't like steering new players towards casual because I feel like it's robbing them of a big part of the FE experience. I know that sounds snobby and I really am glad casual mode exists (and I don't hold it against anyone who plays that way), but I feel like Classic should be the de facto choice unless someone knows it isn't for them.

Plus, Chan has played a bunch of SRPG's. Don't go easy on him!

On a football related note, did you see Wallace's comments about Tannehill today?

Hello my friends, I'm in Put in Bay ( old people come to die here I'm pretty sure) and just found out we have wifi in one of our houses (we have 3 houses between like 27 people) did I miss any important football news?

Fantomex

I know, I guess I just don't like steering new players towards casual because I feel like it's robbing them of a big part of the FE experience. I know that sounds snobby and I really am glad casual mode exists (and I don't hold it against anyone who plays that way), but I feel like Classic should be the de facto choice unless someone knows it isn't for them.

On a football related note, did you see Wallace's comments about Tannehill today?

Yeah he said Tannehills the boss.

cdyhybrid

Jets are gonna be on First Take even without Tebow :jnc

I can't help but laugh if you think Tebow is the only reason the Jets were a circus and laughing stock.

bionic77

I am a big snob too but most people won't follow my advice and start with the GBA games and play them in order (handheld only).

Tabris

Sad thing is Tebow may have had a chance to play if Jacksonville had traded for him last year.

And he wouldn't have been as much of a media distraction as no one cares about Jacksonville.

Fantomex

Jaguars should try to get Matt Moore from the phins. He's much better than Gabbert and he's got experience taking the starting job from Henne already. BOOM.

Jaguars should try to get Matt Moore from the phins. He's much better than Gabbert and he's got experience taking the starting job from Henne already. BOOM.
I like the security of having him as a backup, though. He could come in handy when the Jets inevitably try to hurt Tannehill.

Milchjon

Power just went out in our whole students apartment complex. I hadn't finished my physics preparation for tomorrow (the require handwritten notes, so the notebook battery doesn't help much, and my beer is getting warm in the fridge.

I won't snicker about US infrastructure again.

cdyhybrid

Power just went out in our whole students apartment complex. I hadn't finished my physics preparation for tomorrow (the require handwritten notes, so the notebook battery doesn't help much, and my beer is getting warm in the fridge.

I won't snicker about US infrastructure again.
Only way to be safe is drink it before it gets warm.

Cribbs on signing with the Raiders:

"I want a team that's stable and a team that's on the verge and missing a piece to become a Super Bowl-caliber team," Cribbs said. "I want to be with the a team that's missing (a kick returner); that's missing a piece of the puzzle to be great."

WedgeX

Banned
Kevin Seifert actually posted some interesting statistics today.

Time in pocket: NFC North QBs in 2012
Quarterback Avg. TIP NFL rank Sack per drop-back
Christian Ponder 2.61 sec. 12 5.8
Matthew Stafford 2.62 sec. 13 3.8
Jay Cutler 2.74 sec. 24 7.7
Aaron Rodgers 2.82 sec. 35 8.0

Already knew that the Lions offensive line was ranked highly by pff last year due exclusively to its pass protection, but hadn't seen the statistics to back it up.

Top Bottom