• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

Stories of Tannehill studying like a madman get me hyped.

He be getting his studying on bruh. Check out this behind the scenes footage.

tumblr_m57mbl7Z3K1qiq9ck.gif

effzee

what.the.fuck. There's no way this can be true

Yup. This was largely publicized when the Eagles picked him up and Reid started to work on his footwork and mechanics. As soon as he got the starting job he admitted that back in ATL he never practiced much or studied film.

Also Eagles apparently moving TE Clay Harbor from TE to OLB. Or at least trying him out there. Too many TEs on the roster, not enough talent or depth at OLB, and they like Harbor enough to keep him around.

squicken

EA isn't making games for the WiiU. That's nuts. What a terrible idea that was for Nintendo. Need to tie it off and just go handheld

Fox318

Wanted:

Nurse with experience with choking and collapse victims. Charger fans should have the upper hand with our staff training program.

EA isn't making games for the WiiU. That's nuts. What a terrible idea that was for Nintendo. Need to tie it off and just go handheld

They just need a new CEO.

effzee

Wow whatever Nintendo did to EA must be bad. EA supports everything and anything! Hell they supposed the Gamecube and actually put out decent versions of Madden on it.

I bet it has something to do with EA probably starting off working hand in hand in the Wii U development process, only for Nintendo to turn their back on them. There were tons of rumors during the lead up of the WiiU reveal that EA was developing their online infrastructure.

Amazing. Nintendo is fucked worse than I thought this console cycle. Still hope they don't go out of business or 3rd party only.

bionic77

Releasing 7 year old tech was absolutely insane. I really don't understand what they were going for there.
They can't afford to lose 2 billion on hardware. That business model only works for MS and Sony.

The GC was a beast and so was the N64 and combined they did not sell as much as the Wii. Nintendo is trying to compete by being different. So far it flopped with the Wii.

I don't think there is anything they can do to attract 3rd parties. They don't want competition with Nintendo for a Nintendo console.

I don't have a U but I still hope it succeeds. They are the only company that targets kids and families. Those are the next gen of gamers.

squicken

And that now includes no Star Wars games along with no NFL and FIFA.

edit: Nintendo can still get kids with their handhelds. Little kids can drop and pour grape jelly on a Nintendo handheld and it keeps going. iPods don't

Fox318

Wow whatever Nintendo did to EA must be bad. EA supports everything and anything! Hell they supposed the Gamecube and actually put out decent versions of Madden on it.

I bet it has something to do with EA probably starting off working hand in hand in the Wii U development process, only for Nintendo to turn their back on them. There were tons of rumors during the lead up of the WiiU reveal that EA was developing their online infrastructure.

Amazing. Nintendo is fucked worse than I thought this console cycle. Still hope they don't go out of business or 3rd party only.

EA wanted the Wii U to use Origin and since nobody at Nintendo knows how the modern world has evolved when it comes to networking and digital media they were in talks to make a deal and it fell through because of Nintendo.

jakncoke

Banned
All undrafted rookies get 3 years, usually only with a couple grand or so guaranteed tho.

He's so terrible and mechanically flawed. Really shocked he got a deal

That can't be real.

Matt McGloin got a contract in the NFL? Did he complete 50% of his passes? Jesus.

Yeah 60%, Bill Obrien somehow did something to him and he has a pretty solid seasons stats wise doesnt make him any less terrible though

bionic77

I wasnt really into forums when Sega did to Dreamcast and missed all the reaction but still felt the vitriol of Sega fans years later. Now i get to witness Snesfreak fall into madness
The DC was awesome. Sega just ran out of money.

The U doesn't have much now but Nintendo can support it with games by itself so that it makes a little bit of money,

Fox318

I wasnt really into forums when Sega did to Dreamcast and missed all the reaction but still felt the vitriol of Sega fans years later. Now i get to witness Snesfreak fall into madness

If Snes really cared about Nintendo and its properties then they need a shakeup at management. Kick Iwata out to the street so he can do his fruit talking not on the companies dime. Get Miyamoto to retire and get some people who have love for their old properties and produce games and systems that make sense. The people at Nintendo who thought that Wii Music and the vitality sensor were good idea should be handed pink slips and the people who used to make games like Super Metriod and people who loves games like that should be in leading positions.

bionic77

If Snes really cared about Nintendo and its properties then they need a shakeup at management. Kick Iwata out to the street so he can do his fruit talking not on the companies dime. Get Miyamoto to retire and get some people who have love for their old properties and produce games and systems that make sense. The people at Nintendo who thought that Wii Music and the vitality sensor were good idea should be handed pink slips and the people who used to make games like Super Metriod and people who loves games like that should be in leading positions.
I don't know if new management would help but I hate when people propose that Nintendo needs to be like MS and Sony.

That is as dumb as me telling my team to be like the Jets. Fuuuuuuuuck that. Nintendo shit ain't for everyone and I don't need more shitty shooters in my life. I want their style of games, just make them good. Fuck sales age.

Edit: this coming from someone who has bought a U nor plans to in the immediate future. Then again I am not that keen on the new consoles either. 3DS is enough for me for now.

Fantomex

I don't know if new management would help but I hate when people propose that Nintendo needs to be like MS and Sony.

That is as dumb as me telling my team to be like the Jets. Fuuuuuuuuck that. Nintendo shit ain't for everyone and I don't need more shitty shooters in my life. I want their style of games, just make them good. Fuck sales age.

Edit: this coming from someone who has bought a U nor plans to in the immediate future. Then again I am not that keen on the new consoles either. 3DS is enough for me for now.

I like Nintendo for being different and family oriented, and just plain fun. I just wish they were willing to bend more when it comes to online and technology.

Fox318

I don't want Nintendo to be more like MS and Sony, I want them to be more like Valve. A video game maker that has a platform to distribute other games. They need to build hardware that makes sense too. Why can't the Wii or Wii U play DVD's or Blu-Rays on the Wii U? I want them to make Shooters, platformers, rpgs, and crazy stuff hat makes you excited to turn on your video game system to play games. The way you guys talk about Fire Embalm is what Nintendo should be going after. Instead its Wii play, Wii Music, Nintendoland, and shit that won't sell doesn't push the medium forward.

Fantomex

If a console still had the old PSO still available I'd probably still be playing it. That one game on the Dreamcast where I actually would run out of content. They couldn't pump out enough content for me. I would just become addicted to that thing.

Godslay

Banned
The Wii U story is still being written. 3DS started off slow too.

As far as pouring grape jelly on a 3DS and it surviving might be true and an Ipod not surviving might be true. Even with that said, all the little kids I've seen with them have cases on them, so it's not an issue.

To be entirely honest, I've yet to see someone under the age of say 25 with a 3DS. I know they exist. I've seen more kids with Ipod touches. Anecdotal sure, but an all-in-one device makes more sense for parents, especially with 0.99 games.

Fox318

The Wii U story is still being written. 3DS started off slow too.

As far as pouring grape jelly on a 3DS and it surviving might be true and an Ipod not surviving might be true. Even with that said, all the little kids I've seen with them have cases on them, so it's not an issue.

To be entirely honest, I've yet to see someone under the age of say 25 with a 3DS. I know they exist. I've seen more kids with Ipod touches. Anecdotal sure, but an all-in-one device makes more sense for parents, especially with 0.99 games.

My cousin has a 3DS and he is 14. He says that not many people have one at his school.

squicken

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
RT @caplannfl: Former Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Browns, per source.

Lombardi has thirsted for Hoyer for several years

Fox318

6 year olds play minecraft?

Minecraft is huge with kids. Its a great game as a parent I'd imagine to introduce them to since it really lets them be creative with building a cool world. The only thing that holds me back from truly getting into Minecraft is that I really would need to host my own server to really get some fun out of it.

Top Bottom