• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's that Patriots to Browns action. I knew Lombardi would be fooled by that at some point.

New England is the biggest system in the world, most players that leave never do as well.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
From Total Access: #Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski's 4th surgery is imminent, I'm told. Plan is for Monday. Took X-Rays, was examined yesterday

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Patriots "expect" Gronk to be ready for camp. But do not know for sure. Doctors will examine forearm Monday, see if infection has persisted

Fox318

roses are red
violets are blue
freeman is fat
wii u has no games

fYNvUkR.jpg

Godslay

Banned
They have too much of everything.

Makes them weaker than Tammy.

The way around that is to make them earn what they want. Christmas is one thing, but my daughter earned her Ipod. $10 a week for all the normal day to day stuff, plus a $2 bonus if she got all her spelling words right at the end of the week. Adds up pretty fast, they learn to save, and I think they appreciate and take care of what they earned. That was just for the Ipod though.

Normally, we'll do $5 a week, which seems like enough for a little kid to get what they want or save if they want something bigger.

bionic77

I don't want Nintendo to be more like MS and Sony, I want them to be more like Valve. A video game maker that has a platform to distribute other games. They need to build hardware that makes sense too. Why can't the Wii or Wii U play DVD's or Blu-Rays on the Wii U? I want them to make Shooters, platformers, rpgs, and crazy stuff hat makes you excited to turn on your video game system to play games. The way you guys talk about Fire Embalm is what Nintendo should be going after. Instead its Wii play, Wii Music, Nintendoland, and shit that won't sell doesn't push the medium forward.
I guess it depends on what you value. I think Nintendo hit a grand fucking slam with the DS last gen. One of the best consoles ever IMHO. Not sure if it is SNES or PS2 quality but if it isn't it is the next closest thing.

And the Wii was a shit console if you want support for everything. But as my 2nd console it was fantastic. Had some legendary games. Galaxies, Wii Sports, Skyward, etc were all brilliant. If they do the same shit this gen I will be happy regardless of sales. But I can afford other consoles so I can understand not everyone shares my point of view. I can see Nintendo doing another Galaxy but I wonder if they can make another Wii Sports. People forget how good that game was. Played that a ton at launch.

Colasante

According to Ian Rappaport, Dee Milliner is firing his agents after not being a top 5 selection in the draft. This comes on the heels of Geno Smith firing his own agents because he was drafted in the 2nd round. These Jets players need to prepare themselves for further disappointment, it doesn't seem like they're able to handle it well.

Fox318

I guess it depends on what you value. I think Nintendo hit a grand fucking slam with the DS last gen. One of the best consoles ever IMHO. Not sure if it is SNES or PS2 quality but if it isn't it is the next closest thing.

And the Wii was a shit console if you want support for everything. But as my 2nd console it was fantastic. Had some legendary games. Galaxies, Wii Sports, Skyward, etc were all brilliant. If they do the same shit this gen I will be happy regardless of sales. But I can afford other consoles so I can understand not everyone shares my point of view. I can see Nintendo doing another Galaxy but I wonder if they can make another Wii Sports. People forget how good that game was. Played that a ton at launch.

I fucking loved the Gamecube and I enjoyed my DS. Hell I've probably played the Gamecube more than any other console I've owned.

According to Ian Rappaport, Dee Milliner is firing his agents after not being a top 5 selection in the draft. This comes on the heels of Geno Smith firing his own agents because he was drafted in the 2nd round. These Jets players need to prepare themselves for further disappointment, it doesn't seem like they're able to handle it well.

What?

He was expected to be a 8-16 pick the entire draft!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Well that makes me feel a little better about the Ziggy Ansah and Darius Slay combo picks. It seems like he can't handle adversity or disapointment. Not a good sign.

Wait until he realizes he plays for the Jets.He'll sue his agent then.

jakncoke

Banned
Well that makes me feel a little better about the Ziggy Ansah and Darius Slay combo picks. It seems like he can't handle adversity or disapointment. Not a good sign.

What record are you expecting this year? And are you expecting a super bowl run and are you expecting over/under 6k yard stafford season

Fox318

That was my point. Nintendo made a powerful console and no one supported it.

Nintendo handicapped it with the GD-ROMs , no DVD playback, and limited internet connectivity when it was clear the industry was heading towards a connected console after the dreamcasts success with Phantasy Star Online..

squicken

LOL at Garrett not letting Romo be part of team meetings. Jerry's spin is insane.

Jerry also said Garrett wouldn't be calling plays, but Garrett has never relented on that. I imagine Garrett knows he'll be fired next year, but is sticking to the terms of his contract to force the issue

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They have Reggie Bush. According to Kas math it is impossible to beat them.

You mock but Reggie Bush is the greatest running back OF ALL TIME. He's going to get at least 1800 receiving yards ALL BY HIMSELF!

When you pair Reggie Bush and Megatron together on the same team with the youngriest and elitest quarterback of the future, you can't stop that offense!

I don't see any reason the Lions don't go 14-2 next season! The curse of Bobby Layne is over, our 50 years is up!

:kas

WedgeX

Banned
You mock but Reggie Bush is the greatest running back OF ALL TIME. He's going to get at least 1800 receiving yards ALL BY HIMSELF!

When you pair Reggie Bush and Megatron together on the same team with the youngriest and elitest quarterback of the future, you can't stop that offense!

I don't see any reason the Lions don't go 14-2 next season! The curse of Bobby Layne is over, our 50 years is up!

:blarry

Stafford's throwing for 8000 yards next year...while also playing as a linebacker.

bionic77

I would never mock a 4k passer dude. My parents raised me right.

Kas is relying on math so he can't be wrong (unless he is an idiot who can't do math). But I am on his side. There are only three things that could stop Stafford in his 4k prime. Gravity, diabetes and the lack of a running back who can catch screen passes.

As long as he doesn't get diabetes and respects the power of gravity he can't be stopped now that he has a running back who can catch out of the backfield. Sell your cheese and vikebikes, it's over.

Kas is relying on math so he can't be wrong (unless he is an idiot who can't do math). But I am on his side. There are only three things that could stop Stafford in his 4k prime. Gravity, diabetes and the lack of a running back who can catch screen passes.

As long as he doesn't get diabetes and respects the power of gravity he can't be stopped now that he has a running back who can catch out of the backfield. Sell your cheese and vikebikes, it's over.
don't forget to sell your w
h
ine

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Honestly if the Lions break .500, that's decent for them.

Stafford's throwing for 8000 yards next year...while also playing as a linebacker.

You mean nose tackle. He's too big to play linebacker. He's perfect for filling up the running lanes.

Unfortunately for Lions fans, he's a walking case of diabetes and I'm pretty sure his education as a football player at an SEC school means that he has no idea how gravity or magnets work. It's all magic.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They have Reggie Bush. According to Kas math it is impossible to beat them.

Heavy was the one who said Reggie Bush would have 1800 yards. He won't do that for the simple fact our offense is a pass first offense with Matthew Stafford throwing the ball. We needed a running back with speed who could break plays off of draws and screens since we run out of the shotgun/pistol formation most of the time. Reggie Bush is that dude.

We've lacked that since Jahvid Best went down and it caused teams to just rush with four and run nickle and dime formations because we didn't have a running back the defense respected. It was one of the reasons for our major step back last year. Reggie Bush will cause defenses to respect our run game through draw plays, screens and even in the redzone.

And for the record as long as Matthew Stafford stays healthy, along with a few other key players (injuries happen to all teams), I'm expecting at least a 10-6 record with a playoff appearance. Anything else is a major disappointment with the talent this team has and heads will have to roll.

cdyhybrid

Heavy was the one who said Reggie Bush would have 1800 yards. He won't do that for the simple fact our offense is a pass first offense with Matthew Stafford throwing the ball. We needed a running back with speed who could break plays off of draws and screens since we run out of the shotgun/pistol formation most of the time. Reggie Bush is that dude.

We've lacked that since Jahvid Best went down and it caused teams to just rush with four and run nickle and dime formations because we didn't have a running back the defense respected. It was one of the reasons for our major step back last year. Reggie Bush will cause defenses to respect our run game through draw plays, screens and even in the redzone.

And for the record as long as Matthew Stafford stays healthy, along with a few other key players (injuries happen to all teams), I'm expecting at least a 10-6 record with a playoff appearance. Anything else is a major disappointment with the talent this team has and heads will have to roll.

YqcZ7ta.gif

Top Bottom