• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

brentech

Man I am so jealous. I have been counting the seconds since they announced they are bringing it back. Such an amazing show.

Watched a small clip from an interview with Bateman. He was saying each episode follows only one character. And all the episodes run parallel time line. So if you're watching the Michael episode and see Gob fly by on his segway, you can go to the same time in the Gob episode and see what's going on.....

I'm not sure if I like the idea or not.
He also said these episodes are essentially Act 1 of the movie. And Act 2 and 3 will be an actual movie most likely.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Watched a small clip from an interview with Bateman. He was saying each episode follows only one character. And all the episodes run parallel time line. So if you're watching the Michael episode and see Gob fly by on his segway, you can go to the same time in the Gob episode and see what's going on.....

I'm not sure if I like the idea or not.
He also said these episodes are essentially Act 1 of the movie. And Act 2 and 3 will be an actual movie most likely.

That sounds really weird....not sure if I'd like that format.

JABEE

I've never watched an entire episode of Arrested Development. Do you think I would like it? My favorite shows on television right now are It's Always Sunny, the League, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

brentech

I've never watched an entire episode of Arrested Development. Do you think I would like it? My favorite shows on television right now are It's Always Sunny, the League, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

probably, but you have to start from the beginning. It's a not a show you can just jump in somewhere and understand the jokes.

Milchjon

It's good enough I'd tell anyone to at least try a few episodes. I mean, they're short anyway.

I love Sunny but AD is so much better. You have to watch every episode though. There are so many super smart callbacks and hidden things that you will catch on repeated viewings. It is up on netflix, get watching.

Jags have claimed Kyle Love:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 5m

Yep, word is the Jags have indeed claimed Kyle Love.

Free took a 50% pay cut from the Cowboys. A fun fact:

Mike Chappell @mchappell51 34m

With Dallas' Doug Free taking 50% pay cut, #colts Gosder Cherilus is NFL's highest-paid RT. $7 mill per/yr. Free averaged $8 mill.

Tamanon

Banned
Good on the Jags, now let's see how he can recover. I mean, Garrard dealt with Crohn's disease and worked out alright for them.

squicken

Saw this on Grantland, who took it from reddit. Just a fan mock up. Pats uniform re-design. Better or worse?

grant_pats_unis_64098y5i.jpg

ibxgyfh42izkhovzywe.png

iyjlb1vjvneremal39.png

pats27rbbc.jpg

Do yourself a favor and watch it. I watch all those shows you listed but AD is a totally different animal

Fantomex

Pats suck. Their colors suck. Their owner sucks. Their coach sucks. Their scouts suck. Their front office sucks. Their stadium sucks. Their players suck. Their fans suck. Their waterboy sucks. Their equipment manager sucks. Their parking attendants suck. Their field maintenance crew sucks. They should change their team names to The New England Sucks.

P.S. They suck.

Pats suck. Their colors suck. Their owner sucks. Their coach sucks. Their scouts suck. Their front office sucks. Their stadium sucks. Their players suck. Their fans suck. Their waterboy sucks. Their equipment manager sucks. Their parking attendants suck. Their field maintenance crew sucks. They should change their team names to The New England Sucks.

P.S. They suck.

This man gets it.

Those jerseys are better than their current ones though.

squicken

I really don't like the current Pats unis. Too much going on. And the logo is really dumb. The fan thing is definitely derivative, but I like the stars

Talon

The one thing I love about the Pats unis are those numbers. Perfect selection of stroke with that font.

They don't need to use that ugly Bears font.

P.S. They suck.
Hmm... seems a little subtle. How about The Suck England Sucks?

P.S. They suck.

Their QB also has some floppy ass labia from all the Jizzelle strap on poundings

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Watch it. It is pretti funny at times plus the running gags are great.

Fantomex

In 5 minutes I already came up with better helmets for the Pats than Nike. Wheres my money NFL?

gIqagik.jpg

jIvfLzU.jpg

I went for the minimalist look.

squicken

You should hear the Rams fans dude. They are saying similar things in a similar position in the division

Granted I stay out of fan forums, but the folks I talk with on Twitter seem to think that 9 wins is a realistic best case scenario. As fun as it is with all the new players, they are very young. Young players makes mistakes. People forget that Jenkins blew two coverages vs MIA that led to easy TDs. Tru Johnson blew that coverage vs SEA that led to the winning score

That will happen with the young guys on offense this year. They will run the wrong routes, and fumble. Young players aren't used to getting hit by NFL defenders. And I'm still really worried about the interior offensive line. They were dominated by quicker DTs last year, and by stunts and delayed blitzes. Dahl is a disaster when he has to pass block in space

Granted I stay out of fan forums, but the folks I talk with on Twitter seem to think that 9 wins is a realistic best case scenario. As fun as it is with all the new players, they are very young. Young players makes mistakes. People forget that Jenkins blew two coverages vs MIA that led to easy TDs. Tru Johnson blew that coverage vs SEA that led to the winning score

That will happen with the young guys on offense this year. They will run the wrong routes, and fumble. Young players aren't used to getting hit by NFL defenders. And I'm still really worried about the interior offensive line. They were dominated by quicker DTs last year, and by stunts and delayed blitzes. Dahl is a disaster when he has to pass block in space

I'm with you in predicting 9 as the upside.

squicken

what.the.fuck. There's no way this can be true

Tannehill, along with his quarterbacks coach, broke down each pass and categorized it -- short, intermediate, long, left, right, middle. On and on it went. He looked at the strengths and weaknesses of every throw. This is not unusual for veterans, but it is somewhat for younger players. Remember, Mike Vick didn't look at game film during his entire time in Atlanta, 2001-06.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/m...uld-emerge-as-the-next-great-quarterback-star

edit:

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
ESPN's Chris Mortensen on #Jets QB Mark Sanchez: "People I've talked to say that he is not throwing the ball as well as he was as a rookie."

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
More @mortreport on #Jets: "I think the plans were for (Garrard) to win the job. And Sanchez, he'd have to answer the bell or he'd be gone."

ChanHuk

Banned
My mind is being fucked right now, like harder than a Jets fan and their starting QB.

The nurse I work with that's the charge over that the ER I applied to said that I'm hired, they're waiting on someone to quit. WHY THE EMAIL?! WHY FUCK WITH ME?! I'm all sorts of vulnerable right now ;-;

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My mind is being fucked right now, like harder than a Jets fan and their starting QB.

The nurse I work with that's the charge over that the ER I applied to said that I'm hired, they're waiting on someone to quit. WHY THE EMAIL?! WHY FUCK WITH ME?! I'm all sorts of vulnerable right now ;-;

Put your pants back on.

mr2xxx

Banned
what.the.fuck. There's no way this can be true

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/m...uld-emerge-as-the-next-great-quarterback-star

edit:

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
ESPN's Chris Mortensen on #Jets QB Mark Sanchez: "People I've talked to say that he is not throwing the ball as well as he was as a rookie."

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
More @mortreport on #Jets: "I think the plans were for (Garrard) to win the job. And Sanchez, he'd have to answer the bell or he'd be gone."

The Vick thing? i'm pretty sure it is. Dude didn't even know how to adjust the oline protection based on the defense when he entered Philly. I'm pretty sure there is an article somewhere where he is quoted on finally learning how to do it instaed of depending on his lineman to see the field and call adjustments. He had so much potential too bad he was never mentally there.

Top Bottom