• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

So here's my thank you letter to my rejection:

Dr. MrMrsJerkoffwhorejectedme

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to interview for the Emergency Medical Technician position. I appreciate your time and consideration and enjoyed our meeting.

Although I am disappointed I was not selected for the vacancy. I would like to thank you for the courtesy and professionalism shown to me throughout the entire selection process. I enjoyed meeting you and the rest of your staff in your ER. Our meetings confirmed that Orange Coast Memorial would be an exciting place to work and build a career.

Please keep me in mind for future consideration should another position become available.

Again, thank you for the interview. Best wishes to you and your staff.

Yay or nay?

Mrs Jerkoff Whore sounds hot!

The whole concept of thank you letters after a rejection is new to me, but it looks good.

ChanHuk

Banned
Mrs Jerkoff Whore sounds hot!

The whole concept of thank you letters after a rejection is new to me, but it looks good.

Its new to me too as I never been rejected after I've gotten an interview. Always a first for everything, dunno what's worst though. Getting rejected after a job interview or getting rejected by a girl at the bar.......probably the job interview rejection.

But I do have dependable Buffalo Trace, bourbon can do me no wrong.

Fantomex

So here's my thank you letter to my rejection:

Dr. MrMrsJerkoffwhorejectedme

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to interview for the Emergency Medical Technician position. I appreciate your time and consideration and enjoyed our meeting.

Although I am disappointed I was not selected for the vacancy. I would like to thank you for the courtesy and professionalism shown to me throughout the entire selection process. I enjoyed meeting you and the rest of your staff in your ER. Our meetings confirmed that Orange Coast Memorial would be an exciting place to work and build a career.

Please keep me in mind for future consideration should another position become available.

Again, thank you for the interview. Best wishes to you and your staff.

Yay or nay?

Dude my Doctor works there. If you are talking about the one in Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach, maybe I can put in a good word for you if they ever need people again.

Taste the happy, everyone! Arrested Development is almost back, just saw Bateman and Arnett in Times Square partaking in a Bluth Banana

CMJO593.jpg

So who wants to hire me? I'm willing to move around the midwest and do whatever you want.

I'll send my resume/references upon request.

Job hunting sucks.

ChanHuk

Banned
Dude my Doctor works there. If you are talking about the one in Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach, maybe I can put in a good word for you if they ever need people again.

Yeah that's the hospital, they're in need of people they're going to start expanding the ER next month. I work with one of their charge nurses in the ER and that got me an interview. Gonna keep trying after I drink this bottle of bourbon.

Most people don't know this, but doctor's aren't employed by the hospital directly, they're all independent contractors with access to the hospital. Kaiser being an exception I know of that has their own doctors.

Talon

Well, the hiring binge should start up like right now in preparation for the expanded ACA going in on January 2014. Every state is freaking out about capacity right now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know that I didn't get the job feeling.

I didn't land that job with the treasury department because I made the mistake of telling them my wife worked there too which meant they would have to transfer her from Houston to Minneapolis.

And no, I didn't send a thank you note because they have an 18 month cool down period before you can apply again. Screw that.

Fantomex

Yeah that's the hospital, they're in need of people they're going to start expanding the ER next month. I work with one of their charge nurses in the ER and that got me an interview. Gonna keep trying after I drink this bottle of bourbon.

Most people don't know this, but doctor's aren't employed by the hospital directly, they're all independent contractors with access to the hospital. Kaiser being an exception I know of that has their own doctors.

I'll tell em "Hey if there's is an opening, let my boy Focker get first dibs yo". We are having a baby there in July, that's gotta make my word count for something at least. Besides the free baby wipes.

If you think thats funny when I was informed that I didnt get the job, my feedback was, "You interviewed really well and you are certainly qualified and friendly but one of the interviewers felt you were too confident".

Ugh.

Tamanon

Banned
"too confident" always seemed like a lie to me. Unless the job was a lot lower/more menial than they advertised, it doesn't make sense.

Or if they have shitty management.

Slo

If you think thats funny when I was informed that I didnt get the job, my feedback was, "You interviewed really well and you are certainly qualified and friendly but one of the interviewers felt you were too confident".

Ugh.

Sorry man. My bet would be that you came off as cocky to one of the interviewers and rubbed him the wrong way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Ugh.

If they're grasping for straws my paranoia says they already had someone in mind by the time they got to you.

ChanHuk

Banned
I'll tell em "Hey if there's is an opening, let my boy Focker get first dibs yo". We are having a baby there in July, that's gotta make my word count for something at least. Besides the free baby wipes.

Congrats or condolences on the baby! Boy or girl? It's a great hospital, staff has high moral so that's always a good thing. I'd stay away from Fountain Valley Reg Hospital (I was born there, work there, and prolly gonna die there at this pace)

It's funny how much shit I stole from the hospitals. I can stitch you up even though I have no clue on how to stuture. IV start kits and saline for those hangover days.

ChanHuk

Banned

Ugh.

You and I will go to the bar. We will forward the tab to Evilore and say it was snes.

Man, sucks to hear that ChanHuk and BannedEpisode didn't get those jobs. Keep your heads up, guys.

At least overconfidence is something you can tone down pretty easily in your next interview. Being really timid and nervous is probably a lot more difficult to overcome. You guys got this.

Sorry man. My bet would be that you came off as cocky to one of the interviewers and rubbed him the wrong way.

Yeah thats what I figured.

The thing is though, I really feel like I'm a humble guy and I certainly didnt feel like I was being a cocky dude.

Oh well, its valuable interview experience.

DMczaf

My favorite turn down for a job was "Thank you for your interest in our internship program. Congratulations on making it to the second stage of screening. However, following our most recent screening, we will not be asking you to follow through to the interview process. The mentors appreciate the time you invested in your application."

I saw the "Congratulations" and was fucking excited....and then I read the rest....mother fuckers...

Ugh.
That's.....ridiculous. Unless they meant cocky or something of the like but if so then just state that. "Too confident" that screams of a bullshit answer.

The thing is though, I really feel like I'm a humble guy and I certainly didnt feel like I was being a cocky dude.

I have this mental image of them asking you what your biggest weakness is and you responding, "well, to be honest I'd say the majority of the time I'm just a little too good, you know?"

Fantomex

Congrats or condolences on the baby! Boy or girl? It's a great hospital, staff has high moral so that's always a good thing. I'd stay away from Fountain Valley Reg Hospital (I was born there, work there, and prolly gonna die there at this pace)

It's funny how much shit I stole from the hospitals. I can stitch you up even though I have no clue on how to stuture. IV start kits and saline for those hangover days.

Having a girl. We planned it. Fountain Valley Reg, ahh, the stories I have to tell. Took someone there with kidney stones, and they gave em 10 sheets of paperwork to fill out first bwahaha, yelling and screaming "Please help me". Emergency Room is for people that just got shot 8 times, they don't care about kidney stone pain.

With Job Interviews It usually goes like"

HR: Tell us something negative about yourself Mr. Fantomex
Me: I'm one of those people that are so smart that I'm uncomfortable in this world.
HR: -__-

Fox318

My favorite turn down for a job was "Thank you for your interest in our internship program. Congratulations on making it to the second stage of screening. However, following our most recent screening, we will not be asking you to follow through to the interview process. The mentors appreciate the time you invested in your application."

I saw the "Congratulations" and was fucking excited....and then I read the rest....mother fuckers...

Damn. Taco Bell is harsh

Vyroxis

Banned
Sorry to hear you guys both got the cold shoulder. I interviewed for a different job last week, just to never hear back from them. Finally called yesterday, and was informed they chose to eliminate the position rather than fill it. I'm not sure what that says about all the applicants.

Your tie/shirt combo was too flashy ;)!

Sorry to hear you didn't get your job either. On to the next one.

Here is a shirtless AD to make you feel better.

peterson1.jpg

Top Bottom