• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

squicken

I wonder if the 2022 move to have the games in the winter freed up politcal capital in the US to do something because of the NFL being in fall.

I don't think any European goverment would have done an investigation like this.

Since pretty much every financial transaction touches the US, there's never an issue of jurisdiction. Besides the Swiss, who never do the right thing w/o the US forcing them, there would always be a potential challenge to any other nation going after them

Draxal

:jnc

I have worked and lived in some very small towns (Google "Lynch, Kentucky" sometime if you're bored) so I do have some experience with that. The thing about this area is it looks like there are really no cities within a few hours. It's kind of insane how small the population is in Wyoming as a whole. This town I'm looking at is right near Yellowstone and Grand Teton though, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for the info, my friend. I always thought the Virginia town I grew up was incredibly tiny at about 10,000 but looking at some of these areas gives me a whole different perspective. There sure is some gorgeous land in Wyoming, though.

At this point there's no telling where I'll end up. I've applied to jobs everywhere from Portland to Boise to Tempe. Just trying to go where the jobs are because they are disappearing where I am currently. I think my first choice would be Denver but I'm just excited to be somewhere new.

Wyoming has 584,000 people and a density of 5.85 per square mile. Think of how many counties and cities that have a higher population than that in this country.

Fox318

Since pretty much every financial transaction touches the US, there's never an issue of jurisdiction. Besides the Swiss, who never do the right thing w/o the US forcing them, there would always be a potential challenge to any other nation going after them

For all of the trouble that nations in the middle east bring up I always wonder if the Swiss might deal out the most death worldwide with their money laundering.

Draxal

NCAA dudes gotta be sweating seeing all this FIFA stuff. IOC is obviously next

NCAA is incompetent not evil. NCAA is dying a slow death anyway as the power 5 are going to leave in the next ten years. The amount of money that goes around FIFA dwarves the NCAA by magnitudes.

Wyoming has 584,000 people and a density of 5.85 per square mile. Think of how many counties and cities that have a higher population than that in this country.
It's seriously crazy. Just look at the populations of the top 10 largest cities:

1. Cheyenne - 59,466
2. Casper - 55,316
3. Laramie - 30,816
4. Gillette - 29,087
5. Rock Springs - 23,036
6. Sheridan - 17,444
7. Green River - 12,515
8. Evanston - 12,359
9. Riverton - 10,615
10. Jackson - 9,577

squicken

For all of the trouble that nations in the middle east bring up I always wonder if the Swiss might deal out the most death worldwide with their money laundering.

And all the arm twisting it took to get them to admit to their confiscation of the assets of Holocaust victims. They just are completely amoral

Since we are speaking of Euros, my folks took one of those river cruises in Europe recently. They loved Holland. Everyone was friendly and spoke English.

But not so much Germany. Germans were a little standoffish and it was kind of difficult to find an English speaker. I guess I figured most Germans, at least the younger ones, spoke English.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looks like it's officially the Texans for Hard Knocks. Plenty of time to stock up on lotion and tissues, mech!

NCAA is incompetent not evil. NCAA is dying a slow death anyway as the power 5 are going to leave in the next ten years. The amount of money that goes around FIFA dwarves the NCAA by magnitudes.

Incompetent and evil. Just because it's on a smaller scale doesn't mean it's not bad. Being under threat from those 5 conferences makes the NCAA more likely to treat them with kid gloves; which they do.

And all the arm twisting it took to get them to admit to their confiscation of the assets of Holocaust victims. They just are completely amoral

Since we are speaking of Euros, my folks took one of those river cruises in Europe recently. They loved Holland. Everyone was friendly and spoke English.

But not so much Germany. Germans were a little standoffish and it was kind of difficult to find an English speaker. I guess I figured most Germans, at least the younger ones, spoke English.

We are very welcoming people!

Draxal

Looks like it's officially the Texans for Hard Knocks. Plenty of time to stock up on lotion and tissues, mech!

Incompetent and evil. Just because it's on a smaller scale doesn't mean it's not bad. Being under threat from those 5 conferences makes the NCAA more likely to treat them with kid gloves; which they do.

NCAA is essentially powerless, FIFA is the exact opposite.

Godslay

Banned
It's seriously crazy. Just look at the populations of the top 10 largest cities:

1. Cheyenne - 59,466
2. Casper - 55,316
3. Laramie - 30,816
4. Gillette - 29,087
5. Rock Springs - 23,036
6. Sheridan - 17,444
7. Green River - 12,515
8. Evanston - 12,359
9. Riverton - 10,615
10. Jackson - 9,577

It's great if you like some isolation. I've been camping/hunting where I haven't seen or heard people for days at a time. Anywhere away from the mountains is a wasteland of sagebrush and antelope. Typically the eastern part of the state.

Good morning, bros.

temp052615-OTAday1-JP8639--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp052615-OTAday1-JP8635--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

<3

I hate how excited I am for this season....every single year they do this to me :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope it rains on kave's bbq

I'd point out that he's a Raptors fan but it's almost better this way because he gets pissed when people think he's a fan of all Cleveland teams.

Damn right I'm from Toronto dammit!

The Browns were just a poor life decision for me when it comes to sports.

Although I'm a fan of Lebron when he's not playing the Raps.

:jnc

I have worked and lived in some very small towns (Google "Lynch, Kentucky" sometime if you're bored) so I do have some experience with that. The thing about this area is it looks like there are really no cities within a few hours. It's kind of insane how small the population is in Wyoming as a whole. This town I'm looking at is right near Yellowstone and Grand Teton though, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for the info, my friend. I always thought the Virginia town I grew up was incredibly tiny at about 10,000 but looking at some of these areas gives me a whole different perspective. There sure is some gorgeous land in Wyoming, though.

At this point there's no telling where I'll end up. I've applied to jobs everywhere from Portland to Boise to Tempe. Just trying to go where the jobs are because they are disappearing where I am currently. I think my first choice would be Denver but I'm just excited to be somewhere new.

I have been trying to talk my wife into moving from Vegas to Boise.

Draxal

Right. Not only does the NCAA have to go down, so do the major conferences. Like sweeping up concacaf on the way to fifa.

That's not going to happen when all the conference schools are pretty much state landgrants and you're then going after about 30 state governments. Look at all the pushback the State of Pennsylvania (not PSU but the state government) did when boy rape scandal happened for instance.

That's not going to happen when all the conference schools are pretty much state landgrants and you're then going after about 30 state governments. Look at all the pushback the State of Pennslyania (not PSU but the state government) did when boy rape scandal happened for instance.

The state of PA pushed back only because the fines the NCAA levied were originally going to be allocated out of state. The state's logic was that was taxpayer money and they didn't want it leaving the state. As a PA resident I can't complain too much about that part of it, if I have to pay tax dollars to that Uni they should stay in the state.

squicken

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/27/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-offseason-moves

Bedard's SI piece on Bill Walsh 2.0

Bill O’Brien can’t pinpoint the exact moment, but it was sometime in the early spring of 1994, when New Hampshire’s football coaches visited their Brown equivalents on the Providence campus. It could have come, huffing and puffing, between possessions of pickup hoops at the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center. Maybe it was over greasy slices of pizza and pitchers of cheap beer. Or perhaps it was when the two teams’ grunt-level coaches took turns watching film and dissecting plays on a chalkboard. Whenever it was, Chip Kelly made a distinct impression on O’Brien way back then, when both men—O’Brien was the inside linebackers coach at Brown, Kelly oversaw the running backs at UNH—were so far away from the NFL lights that they couldn’t even dream of them yet.

“The first time you meet him, you know he’s smart,” says O’Brien, now entering his second year as the Texans’ coach. “He’s a quick thinker. He changes gears so fast: He can be talking about one thing and then change to something else in a beat. But he’s also a real good listener. And it doesn’t take long to realize he thinks differently. You’re like, Who is this guy?”

#BelieveinBOB

MechDX

Texans to be the stars of Hard Knocks is the closest thing to the Patriots doing it we can get!

VRABEL! VRABEL! VRABEL!

Tania Ganguli
&#8207;@taniaganguli The #Texans have been selected for Hard Knocks, per multiple sources.

John McClain&#61593;Verified account
&#8207;@McClain_on_NFL I think Bill O'Brien, Mike Vrabel, JJ Watt and Arian Foster will be Hard Knocks stars. I think C Ben Jones will emerge as unsung star.

CGBbZ6yUoAAhrCe.jpg:large

Your boys Dutch!

Damn right I'm from Toronto dammit!

The Browns were just a poor life decision for me when it comes to sports.

Although I'm a fan of Lebron when he's not playing the Raps.

Poor life decision is a huge understatement. I mean this is as bad as not wrapping it up, ending up on Maury and being told you are the father.

It's great if you like some isolation. I've been camping/hunting where I haven't seen or heard people for days at a time. Anywhere away from the mountains is a wasteland of sagebrush and antelope. Typically the eastern part of the state.
That sounds appealing in a way but I don't know if I'd want it to be my day to day life. Ideally I would like to live outside of a city but fairly close to one.

<3

I hate how excited I am for this season....every single year they do this to me :(
It's the worst. Dolphins cycle. :(

I have been trying to talk my wife into moving from Vegas to Boise.
Boise seems like a great place to live, up there with Denver for me as one of my preferred destinations. It might even be first, housing in Denver is expensive as hell.

Please Darkest! Come work here!
Hmm... what am I going to mine in the Netherlands?

MechDX

James Starks @JamesStarksKPRC
· 9m 9 minutes ago
It's way too early but Ryan Mallet looks good. Seems to be 100% recovered. Has a TON of velocity and hitting all the windows. #Texans

#SaveUsMallett

ShaneB

Happy Birthday to me. Don't really bother posting on gaf as much as I use to. 33 years old and wonder when I'll start feeling like I've accomplished something to be proud of.

Go Chiefs.

Texans Hard knocks will be fun to watch, JJ Watt da real mvp. Hope the Cavs win in the finals, Warriors can wait a year.

Happy Birthday to me. Don't really bother posting on gaf as much as I use to. 33 years old and wonder when I'll start feeling like I've accomplished something to be proud of.

Go Chiefs.

Texans Hard knocks will be fun to watch, JJ Watt da real mvp.

You became a Hawks fan and then we won the chip.

#ThankYouShaneB

Godslay

Banned
You became a Hawks fan and then we won the chip.

#ThankYouShaneB

There are no chips in the NFL! Get your head out of NBA land!

Happy Birthday Shane. No time like the present to start doing something you think you'll be proud of. Hopefully we all have time left to get there!

"You ordered Pizza Hut motherfucker??"

....kicks Thomas in leg...

"Better be driving a Buick by tomorrow morning and don't be calling State Farm for insurance."

Now eat this chicken parm you tramp!

Top Bottom