• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I would rub her belly.

whatever-it-takes.jpg

Bowser

Only way I'd spend more than ~$150-200 on a ticket was if Carolina was in the Superb Owl. No price on that (ok probably cap it at like $2k or something).

bionic77

Whats the most you guys have ever spent on a sports ticket?

I'm trying to talk myself out of an $1100 Stanley Cup ticket.
I got raped by StubHub and spent like 400 on a ticket for really good seats to an Eagles Steelers game. This was 08 the year the Steelers won it all.

Extremely weird game. Ben was almost murdered by the Eagles defense. I saw the first play of Kyle Kolb (Mcnabb was also killed by our defense but he did just enough to win) and knew instantly that he was a bum.

When I was in LA I also spent like 300-400 (can't remember) to see the Lakers (the year they repeated). Again screwed by stub hub but it was worth it. So awesome being in Staples. Shit on every other bball stadium I have been too (I have been to most on the east coast).

Spent like 20 bucks to see the Sixers this year. I got good seats and VIP parking and I felt ripped off.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How much you would you pay to see your NFL team (no idea who you root for Ninja) in the Super Bowl?

My mental limited was $1500 for Cubs World Series game, because Wrigley is smalllllll

Lions winning a Super Bowl would probably be the happiest day of my life.

I just want one. That's all. Just one. Is that to much to ask? Then I'll be content, at peace and ride off into the sunset.

cowboy-sunset.jpg

I finally understand why you're so bitter and trolling.

It all makes sense now. I'm so sorry Snyder has hurt you. You are in a worse place then CHI, CLE or PHI. I'm so sorry.

NFL games fucking suck live anyway. I mean, the Super Bowl is the Super Bowl but still.

I'd probably drop some decent money on a Lakers Finals game if it were a potential closeout game, but even then still not sure I could stomach $1000+.

Lions winning a Super Bowl would probably be the happiest day of my life.

I just want one. That's all. Just one. Is that to much to ask? Then I'll be content and ride off into the sunset.

cowboy-sunset.jpg

No one just wants one. Once you get one you want another it's human nature. That's why communism doesn't work. You can't be even with everyone else. World doesn't work like that.

bionic77

NFL games fucking suck live anyway. I mean, the Super Bowl is the Super Bowl but still.

I'd probably drop some decent money on a Lakers Finals game if it were a potential closeout game, but even then still not sure I could stomach $1000+.
If it is not sub zero and you have good seats NFL games live are pretty sweet. The atmosphere for a good game is amazing. Also Philly fans are always entertaining!

But the experience getting to the game is the worst. Traffic, parking and leaving is a fucking disaster at every park.

If it is not sub zero and you have good seats NFL games live are pretty sweet. The atmosphere for a good game is amazing. Also Philly fans are always entertaining!

But the experience getting to the game is the worst. Traffic, parking and leaving is a fucking disaster at every park.

I'm going to san diego for a dolphins game in dec and I'm skipping all the bs traffic and parking by taking pubic transportation, it takes you right to the stadium and will drop me off a block from the hotel, fuck getting stuck in traffic

I don't know seeing it live makes you realize just how slow paced the game is. Way too many breaks with nothing to do. The TV presentation at least throws replays and shit at you. Also the game seems less explosive and fast to me in person. The first time I ever went to a live NFL game I remember being sort of surprised at how small the players and field looked, and it's not like I was in the cheap seats.

zychi

Banned
I got raped by StubHub and spent like 400 on a ticket for really good seats to an Eagles Steelers game. This was 08 the year the Steelers won it all.

Extremely weird game. Ben was almost murdered by the Eagles defense. I saw the first play of Kyle Kolb (Mcnabb was also killed by our defense but he did just enough to win) and knew instantly that he was a bum.

When I was in LA I also spent like 300-400 (can't remember) to see the Lakers (the year they repeated). Again screwed by stub hub but it was worth it. So awesome being in Staples. Shit on every other bball stadium I have been too (I have been to most on the east coast).

Spent like 20 bucks to see the Sixers this year. I got good seats and VIP parking and I felt ripped off.
this is probably section 100 from my ticket guy.
Its not a ripoff. I can go lower, but its the fucking stanley cup.

I didnt go the last two times because of work, and my current contract happens to end sunday. I saved extra money to do cubs opener and bulls finals(didnt happen) so i didnt spend the money. The ticket wont hurt me money wise at all. My fear is that i spend it, and they lose. I will be pissed.

bionic77

I don't know seeing it live makes you realize just how slow paced the game is. Way too many breaks with nothing to do. The TV presentation at least throws replays and shit at you. Also the game seems less explosive and fast to me in person. The first time I ever went to a live NFL game I remember being sort of surprised at how small the players and field looked, and it's not like I was in the cheap seats.
I have the opposite impression. The players seem supernaturally fast live.

It looks like the RB or WR should make it into the end zone so easily with any space but it just closes down incredibly fast almost every time. And the game goes so fast live. It seems like it is over in an hour.

I agree that the players and field look way smaller in person though.

No one just wants one. Once you get one you want another it's human nature. That's why communism doesn't work. You can't be even with everyone else. World doesn't work like that.

Nah I agree with Kas. Give me one and I'll be good. You guys don't understand the abuse we've been through.

zychi

Banned
Nfl is different to me than hockey or baseball. Football i want the cheapest seats in an endzone. I like to see the coach's "film" from my seat. Played football for 10+years of my life, so my brain is still setup like a defender when i watch football.

bionic77

Nah I agree with Kas. Give me one and I'll be good. You guys don't understand the abuse we've been through.
As a kid the Browns and Bengals were often better than the Steelers.

And than when I got older we made it to the playoffs every year only to choke.

You weren't the only one with a rough childhood!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey NFL-GAF, long time no see
Some of you know what has transpired with me with health related issues this past year

Well a real culprit has been found, I have Spinal Stenosis of the Thoracic Spine
Surgery set for later today @11AM EST

So was a pleasure knowing you gentleman if fate and the odds are not in my favor

Thanks for having e even if I've been MIA for awhile

Go Broncos!... <3 you all

I've been to a good amount of NFL games and seen different teams. I love tailgating and good fan bases can make an experience. But I personally enjoy the home experience the most.

Even though eagles fans are obviously thugs! one of the Best times I had was Eagles vs Browns.

Some of you know what has transpired with me with health related issues this past year

Well a real culprit has been found, I have Spinal Stenosis of the Thoracic Spine

So was a pleasure knowing you gentleman if fate and the odds are not in my favor

Damn dude!! Good luck!! Make sure you update us!!

shit man David Wright was just diagnosed with that. Best of luck bro.

Good luck brother

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Wish you all the best brother and a speedy recovery.

Spinluck

Best wishes dude.

Malalaw

You got this! Best wishes.

ampere

Good luck man. Hope all goes well

Gobias

Banned
My brother said he was watching entourage so I decided to give it a chance. Click on it .... 8 seasons and a movie?! FFS is this show that entertaining?

No. It's really dumb and can be entertaining for a few seasons, but I have no idea how people watched all 8 seasons.

Top Bottom