• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Detroit Lions were 28th in team sacks, man Suh really did a great job of making everyone else around him better. :kas

Vick did an interview today where he said he would absolutely be a day one starter for some team next year. A few weeks ago he said he would be willing to be a backup, I wonder what changed?

His agent told him to shut the fuck up

YankeeHater, let us not settle for lesser safeties.

We want Jairus Byrd.

True, I would be very happy with TJ Ward as well. If they could somehow get 2 good safeties I think they D could be really solid. Not 27th best in the NFL like the Lions solid, but solid none the less.

My team will never be defeated.

7tsdQSml.jpg

I just got an email saying that my school district is going to update all the computers to Windows 7. I wonder what it costs for all the licenses for a huge district.

lmao MS trying track down the guy from yesterday and may take legal action

Doesnt it seem odd that they are going after the leaker who leaked nothing but positive news, but never went after Cboat when he leaked almost nothing but negative news. Hopefully one day the truth about all this stuff will come out. Hell thuway leaks MS stuff online and he has his real name attached to his twitter.

I don't even get what the big deal is, most of the 'leaks' seemed obvious or would only apply to hardcore xbone fans that would buy one anyways. Stupid MS can't even leak right.

squicken

So if the Texans and Jags decide to pass on a QB in Round 1, and go for a developmental guy who has to sit a year, who plays QB in 2014?

squicken

Depends. Do the Texans have the talent to not pick 1st again?

I don't see either team being in the top 7 or so again next year as far as draft slot. I think they both will draft their QB of the future. I just don't think the Jags can start Henne again

Selfishly I want the Raiders and or Browns also looking QB and the Rams selling that pick for a lot but not falling very far

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

What's the matter Kave, can't handle white bitches?

:jnc

Yeah that gif and that reply need to be reposted for the new page.

edit: If I were the Texans, I'd draft Clowney and put him on the other side of JJ Watt. Grind out Arian Foster and get a game manager for next season...worry about the QB position in 2015. So many names are being tossed around as the "best quarterback" in this draft class that I'd be hesitant to pass on Clowney.

jakncoke

Banned
I don't even get what the big deal is, most of the 'leaks' seemed obvious or would only apply to hardcore xbone fans that would buy one anyways. Stupid MS can't even leak right.

Yeah leaks seemed pretty standard, one thing about leaks that made me wonder was the April tier 2 release. I guess they just plan on throwing it to countries and saying fuck it for hype if that turns out to be true.

effzee

The Detroit Lions were 28th in team sacks, man Suh really did a great job of making everyone else around him better. :kas

Vick did an interview today where he said he would absolutely be a day one starter for some team next year. A few weeks ago he said he would be willing to be a backup, I wonder what changed?

Nothing has changed. Even when he made those comments weeks ago he said he wants to and think he can start so that's his first choice. He only said he would be willing to back up Foles if no other team wants him to start for them.

My guess would be Vick. But isn't McGloin from the Raiders a FA?

I read today that McGloin is the future QB as of now for the Raiders.

Pryor is mostly going to be released and he might end up on the Eagles to replace Vick.

Nothing has changed. Even when he made those comments weeks ago he said he wants to and think he can start so that's his first choice. He only said he would be willing to back up Foles if no other team wants him to start for them.

Pryor is mostly going to be released and he might end up on the Eagles to replace Vick.

I would take Pryor in a second.

squicken

McGloin isn't a starter. They are a team that could trade up, or even draft Carr is they really like him. They have so much cap room they can easily put together a good OL in front of him

MechDX

But was that before McGloins college coach got an NFL job? Raiders use franchise tag on a UDFA QB?

McGloin isn't a starter. They are a team that could trade up, or even draft Carr is they really like him. They have so much cap room they can easily put together a good OL in front of him

I'm not convinced that he's not. He played very well for a rookie and lead all of them in total QBR and the entire NFL in passes over 20 yds during his stint as a starter and was top 5 in getting rid of the balI in 2.5 seconds on average. Kid only got sacked 6 times compared to Pryor's 40 or 50. I would be fine with him starting while we build up the defense. On OL we really only need a guard, and to stay healthy. We have a good core with Hulk, Wiz and Watson.

MechDX

Nevermind on McGloin. I thought he had a one year deal but he signed a 3 year deal with nothing guaranteed. I thought I read somewhere he signed a one year deal and was a FA this year

squicken

I'm not convinced that he's not. He played very well for a rookie and lead all of them in total QBR and the entire NFL in passes over 20 yds during his stint as a starter and was top 5 in getting rid of the balI in 2.5 seconds on average. Kid only got sacked 6 times compared to Pryor's 40 or 50. I would be fine with him starting while we build up the defense. On OL we really only need a guard, and to stay healthy. We have a good core with Hulk, Wiz and Watson.

I can see that if they think they will be picking high again next year. The problem is both Reggie and Allen need to win this year to keep their jobs. If I was predicting their offseason moves, I would look to see what helps them win as many games as possible this year. That usually means QB, but I guess could mean a really solid defense

I think it's just to lose. Idk about him being a starter or not at this point. Let's see how he handles himself with a full offseason and competing with other QBs. He sorta got a nod last season cause everyone else got injured. A Healthy O-line wouldn't hurt either.

I can see that if they think they will be picking high again next year. The problem is both Reggie and Allen need to win this year to keep their jobs. If I was predicting their offseason moves, I would look to see what helps them win as many games as possible this year. That usually means QB, but I guess could mean a really solid defense

They should sign Vick if they just want to win more games this year.

Farooq

Banned
So Jason Garrett might not be a puppet? http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...llas-cowboys-had-authority-make-staff-changes

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was given the latitude to make recent changes to his coaching staff, and those changes were not based on orders from Jerry Jones, according to both the owner and his son, Stephen Jones, the team's executive football vice president.

"Absolutely, we gave Jason that authority when the season ended," Stephen Jones said. "This was another disappointing ending, and you just have let your head coach have that latitude. It's not always going to be pretty, it's going to hurt some feelings, but you have to let Jason evaluate his staff and do what he believes is right. That's what we did."

squicken

Teddy Bridgewater lacks "wow characteristic"

If you are going to commit to a quarterback as the No. 1 overall draft pick, he needs to be special, as in Peyton Manning, Cam Newton or Andrew Luck special. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah doesn't believe Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville has those qualities that should prompt the Houston Texans to take him first in the 2014 NFL Draft.

"The thing with Bridgewater is he is solid in all areas, but he doesn't have that wow characteristic. He doesn't have off-the-charts size. He doesn't have a humungous arm. He's not a great athlete. He's good, he is proficient in all these different areas," Jeremiah said on "Super Bowl Live" on Thursday.

"I think it is a pretty intense debate because quarterback is the most important position on the team. You have to take care of that, but how often does a talent like that (Clowney) come around? It is going to be a debate between the quarterback they would take at No. 1 versus the quarterback they would take at the top of the second round. If they feel like that gap is not very wide and you're comfortable with that quarterback in Round 2, I don't know how you pass on Clowney with the first overall pick," Jeremiah said.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Sacks=! Only stat to look at when determining a defensive line.

Lions 6th in the league in Rushing Yards Allowed. Iggles are 10th. Houston Texans 23rd.

Lions 6th in the league in Rushing TDs Allowed. Texans are 7th..

Lions 3rd in the League with Fumble recovery's. Texans are 10th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...RUSHING&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG

Does that mean Watt doesn't contribute just because of the sack count? Every single snap the Lions put pressure on the QB more than any other team I watch.

NFL Players agree that Suh is the most feared player in the league.

nfl_Suh_576x650.jpg

Stick to the MLB thread Yankee, I don't think you understand how the game of football works.

MechDX

Sacks=! Only stat to look at when determining a defensive line.

htt://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...RUSHING&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG

Does that mean Watt doesn't contribute just because of the sack count? Every single snap the Lions put pressure on the QB more than any other team I watch.

NFL Players agree that Suh is the most feared player in the league.

nfl_Suh_576x650.jpg

Stick to the MLB thread Yankee, I don't think you understand how the game of football works.

When did Watt kick players in the head and ball sack?

Your argument is Stafford:

wattstaff.gif

Pretty sure Reggie will get his full 5 years, Mark seems committed to him. Allen, probably needs to go 8-8, maybe even 7-9. But yeah, it's possible they go heavy defense in FA and then draft a QB, WR and G/C in the first 3 rounds.

I could see Pryor doing well in Chip's offense. If he gets cut and Vick signs elsewhere he would be a perfect backup.

He can't even get the playcall and the offense lined up in 40 seconds half the time. No way he could run that fast paced offense, never mind throwing the ball. He would be a Josh Johnson tier backup, although that might be being too generous.

They should sign Vick if they just want to win more games this year.

To play 4 games before he's injured? No thanks. Not a good fit for us anyway tho. I think he may end up with the Jets.

Pretty sure Reggie will get his full 5 years, Mark seems committed to him. Allen, probably needs to go 8-8, maybe even 7-9. But yeah, it's possible they go heavy defense in FA and then draft a QB, WR and G/C in the first 3 rounds.

I'd love it if we grabbed Alex Mack and kicked Wiz back to guard. Then nab a veteran QB in Free Agency, draft a longterm project. 1st round grab Clowney (if we can), 2nd round playmaker WR and then just get the best player available from there on out.

squicken

I'd love it if we grabbed Alex Mack and kicked Wiz back to guard. Then nab a veteran QB in Free Agency, draft a longterm project. 1st round grab Clowney (if we can), 2nd round playmaker WR and then just get the best player available from there on out.

Best QBs in FA will be either Vick or Schoob. It's a wasteland

Yeah would love Mack as well. Doubt the Browns let him go tho.

effzee

Where did you read that? He's definitely the frontrunner to win the job now. But I'm still expecting Freeman to be brought in to compete, and Carr is still a big possibility.

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/...-eagles-roster-philadelphia-eagles-rumors.htm

The Raiders have the option to trade Pryor or release him before training camp. If they plan to part ways with the former Ohio State Buckeyes signal-caller, the Philadelphia Eagles and head coach Chip Kelly will be there to pounce on the big and speedy quarterback.
"Kelly's fast-paced offense relies on a big, fast running quarterback. Pryor fits that bill. That's why Kelly heavily recruited Pryor to Oregon. Pryor said he was intrigued, but he ended up staying close to home and he went to Ohio State," ESPN NFL writer Bill Williamson said in his Jan. 16 report.
"It would be far from a given to think Pryor would be atop Kelly's wish list. But because of the previous interest and the scheme fit, Sprow is right. Pryor belongs on the list," he added.

Seems like a lot speculation with no real basis, but it could make sense if Vick does find a starting job somewhere else.

Of course I'd rather keep Vick as Foles's back up.

lol you can have him

Foles with Pryor and Barkley backing him up ? I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom