• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Suh-Kicks-Schaub-In-The-Nuts-GIF.gif

Weird how that Texans o-lineman threw Suh into Schaub.

And when we fall down we instinctually kick our foot outwards.....

squicken

NFL Players Inc.’s Top 25 Player Sales List

1. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
2. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
3. Peyton Manning, Broncos
4. Robert Griffin III, Redskins
5. Tom Brady, Patriots
6. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
7. J.J. Watt, Texans
8. Drew Brees, Saints
9. Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks
10. Andrew Luck, Colts
11. Richard Sherman, Seahawks
12. Clay Matthews, Packers
13. Adrian Peterson, Vikings
14. Wes Welker, Broncos
15. Victor Cruz, Giants
16. Eli Manning, Giants
17. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
18. Calvin Johnson, Lions
19. Dez Bryant, Cowboys
20. Jason Witten, Cowboys
21. Troy Polamalu, Steelers
22. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots
23. Patrick Willis, 49ers
24. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs
25. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

True, I would be very happy with TJ Ward as well. If they could somehow get 2 good safeties I think they D could be really solid. Not 27th best in the NFL like the Lions solid, but solid none the less.
Brah we'll probable Franchise Ward if it comes to it, and Pettines gonna bring Byrd over :)

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't tell if "Like hot to the kind of guys who would feel bad calling girls hot." is a good thing or a bad thing because that would probably describe me pretty well.

And huzzah, we have a QB coach! Roll out the welcome mat!

vXwJ2dr.gif

You should have been a fan before. She got the shaft in Scott Pilgrim (literally? jury is out there). She was awesome in Pitch Perfect, and I say that as a heterosexual male.
I've never actually watched anything she's been in hahah. I just know her before of you people.

Did you get into the Playstation Now Beta? Was it only ps3? I only have ps4.

Dragon

Banned
I've never actually watched anything she's been in hahah. I just know her before of you people.

Did you get into the Playstation Now Beta? Was it only ps3? I only have ps4.

Nah. I'm pretty sure they just did a random drawing of people who are in Plus or something. There's no rhyme nor reason to which people get in and which don't.

And yeah the initial beta is for ps3 I believe.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't tell if "Like hot to the kind of guys who would feel bad calling girls hot." is a good thing or a bad thing because that would probably describe me pretty well.

And huzzah, we have a QB coach! Roll out the welcome mat!

vXwJ2dr.gif

We doing this!

RBH

play_r_la-rams_mb_576.jpg

The owner of the St. Louis Rams has bought a large piece of land in Inglewood, California that potentially could be used for an NFL stadium, multiple individuals with knowledge of the transaction have told The Los Angeles Times.

Within the last month, billionaire Stan Kroenke bought a 60-acre parking lot located between the Forum and Hollywood Park, according to individuals who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak on behalf of the buyer or seller.

Wal-Mart originally owned the land but sold it after failing to get public approval for a superstore. Madison Square Garden Co., which owns the Forum, had planned to buy the lot for an estimated $90 million in order to acquire more space for parking and possibly additional development. However, MSG was informed by Wal-Mart at the end of 2012 that the land had already been sold to an unnamed party. The individuals confirmed the buyer is Kroenke, a former Wal-Mart board member and husband of Ann Walton Kroenke, daughter of Wal-Mart co-founder Bud Walton. For years, Kroenke has owned a substantial amount of land in Southern California.

The Rams neither confirmed nor denied that Kroenke had purchased the land and declined to comment on the situation.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-rams-20140131,0,3805682.story#axzz2rw9YZoNo

squicken

Yeah I wouldn't take Watkins top 5. So many good guys in this draft too.

Starting to agree with you on Sammy. I've been banging the drum a bit for Robinson anyway as it has become clear Saffold is gone

Evans is the guy who might be. I just don't know. I watched his stuff from 2012 and he looks better than he did late in 2013. I would really want to know what happened to him late in the year. He just seemed off his game so much

But he has amazing hands. Something I didn't notice until I watched with a more critical eye is just how easily he catches the ball with his hands and then just easily transitions to using his off arm to stiff arm little DBs

But LSU's big DBs gave him trouble. He has a long way to go on being a complete WR

I think just one. Columnists don't pay much attention to them either. Radio guys have said they get no listener response when they talk hockey
St Louis is a baseball town. I doubt they realize they even have a hockey team.
Blues are pretty big here, actually. Despite their perennial Lions-ness.

Rams are ignored except when they're good. Partly because the team sucks, partly because the dome sucks, partly because all the old people who care already have non-Rams NFL allegiances (decent amount of Arizona Cardinals fans from when the team was in StL). I guess I count as one of those old people.

Baseball Cardinals are obviously far and away the sports team of choice.

squicken

Blues are pretty big here, actually. Despite their perennial Lions-ness.

I never knew you were STL based. You must be one of those people who make GB games like road games for the Rams.

Good to hear about the Blues. The Rams fans I know on Twitter love the Blues, but that is really the die hard subset

360 S hard drive went belly up. The console doesn't recognize that there's even a HD in there.

Currently looking at FATXplorer as an option to retrieve the data. Anyone know anything about it? Legit?

I never knew you were STL based. You must be one of those people who make GB games like road games for the Rams.

Good to hear about the Blues. The Rams fans I know on Twitter love the Blues, but that is really the die hard subset
Correct!

Blues games are awesome. Not sure if that's just because all hockey is awesome to watch in person or what, but I wish I went to more of them.

squicken

Correct!

Blues games are awesome. Not sure if that's just because all hockey is awesome to watch in person or what, but I wish I went to more of them.

I used to go to IHL games in Houston as a teenager. Mostly hoping to see fights and b/c it was cheap. It's by far the sport that is most superior to watch in person for me. I would definitely take in a few games a year if Houston ever got a team

LJ11

Yet guys like Mayock, Lombardi, and a few others had Gabbert as the number 1 QB prospect.

I'm a huge Cam fan, have been for a long while, but if we do a redraft, Cam probably doesn't go number 1, heck might not even make the top 5-6. Cam's got the tools, still think he puts it together with the right coaches, but if we do it over he might not crack the top 5. I know hindsight, blah blah blah, but having all the tools/flash doesn't guarantee success in this league.

squicken

Yet guys like Mayock, Lombardi, and a few others had Gabbert as the number 1 QB prospect.

I'm a huge Cam fan, have been for a long while, but if we do a redraft, Cam probably doesn't go number 1, heck might not even make the top 5-6. Cam's got the tools, still think he puts it together with the right coaches, but if we do it over he might not crack the top 5. I know hindsight, blah blah blah, but having all the tools/flash doesn't guarantee success in this league.

That draft is so unique b/c of how loaded it was. There's a clip of Gabbert at Mizzou vs Nebraska that should have scared everyone away. I see some similarities with Derek Carr in how skittish he gets with pressure, but not like Gabbert

LJ11

That draft is so unique b/c of how loaded it was. There's a clip of Gabbert at Mizzou vs Nebraska that should have scared everyone away. I see some similarities with Derek Carr in how skittish he gets with pressure, but not like Gabbert

Gabbert was a complete mess, I watched a lot of his games because the Bills had a top 5 pick and needed a QB desperately, the guy was pathetic, I'm not even exaggerating. How anyone could stake their rep on that guy is beyond me.

To be fair, I thought Locker was a 3rd round guy, said I would take Kap over him at the time, but he was looking better this year than in previous season. Lets see if he puts it together, that's another guy with all the tools but a sub par football IQ. He has serious playmakers on that team though. Wright is a beast, they have talent on the OL, Hunter has potential to be excellent, doesn't have any excuses at this point.

Teddy might not have the flash, proto size/arm strength and athleticism, but I'd take him on me team any fucking day. Kid can play, don't give a shit about his frame either, you can't fucking touch QBs these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom