• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Posted in the Stuper Bowl thread but will put here as well:

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-31%20at%203.10.18%20PM.png

Interesting.....

bionic77

It's telling that he can keep up that rate, even when he's not doing the whole YOUPEOPLE routine with snesley.
As bad as Gata can be he is 100x better than Lunchbox.

Might just be me but his schtick is so fucking old. It was funny at first but its so boring now and no one is going to cry if he doesn't come back.

RBH

The NFL Network’s monopoly on Thursday night football may come to an end beginning next season. John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reported that the NFL has begun shopping a one-year contract for its midweek game, and that the NFL Network is expected to split the Thursday night schedule with a second network.

Ourand mentioned Turner, FOX (and possibly the new FOX Sports 1) and NBC as the potential frontrunners. This season, there were 13 games broadcast under the “Thursday Night Football” banner, spanning Weeks 2 through 15.
The Week 1 season-opener aired on NBC; the league’s three-game Thanksgiving Day slate was split across three other networks; and there are no Thursday nighters in Weeks 16 or 17.

Per CBS’ Jason La Canfora, the league is looking for a bid in the neighborhood of $800 million for some unannounced portion of the Thursday night calendar.

Added La Canfora: “This has always been the plan: to use the full-season package to get higher carriage fees and get on Time Warner Cable, then sell off half the package.”

The league announced in December that this season’s set of Thursday night games broke its previous viewership record — the average audience of eight million people per game was 10 percent higher than in 2012. The Week 3 matchup between Kansas City and Philadelphia stood as the highest-rated “Thursday Night Football” broadcast in the eight-year history of the NFL Network’s event.

Earlier this season, the Wall Street Journal reported that the league may explore adding a second Thursday game per week, with Netflix mentioned among the possible broadcast partners there. That development does not appear to be included as part of the potential upcoming change.
http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/12/nfl-thursday-night-foootball-broadcast/

As long as it's not FOX.

squicken

Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL
I asked Josh Gordon if Brian Hoyer should be the starter: 'Man, that's above my head, but Brian's a great guy, great quarterback.' #Browns

Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL
Josh Gordon on Manziel: 'For the media market and a city like Cleveland, which is real small, I think it would be huge to have him.' #Browns

e: For BG and kave

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi
Getting ready for the stars of Draft Day. No, not Banner & Lombardi.

BfVbqUGCUAESOLb.jpg

Trololol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As bad as Gata can be he is 100x better than Lunchbox.

Might just be me but his schtick is so fucking old. It was funny at first but its so boring now and no one is going to cry if he doesn't come back.

Agreed on Lunchbox. He was funny at first but his trolling got old after awhile. And the constant alt accounts really did him no favors.

That yankeehater guy though.....man I can't stand that guy. And he's an Eagles fan on top of it.

Agreed on Lunchbox. He was funny at first but his trolling got old after awhile. And the constant alt accounts really did him no favors.

That yankeehater guy though.....man I can't stand that guy. And he's an Eagles fan on top of it.

Fuck you to.

Lunchbox is still funny cause he gives people feels.

So if someone showed up here and said a bunch of racist stuff that you would funny because it would get people to react?

Ok I need help from the younger NFL-Gaffers in here what the hell does ratchet and redik mean?? I'm talking to that co-worker and her vocabulary is...well fucken awful..when she says ratchet she's talking about certain people usually her friends, something like "oh she's so ratchet" so I'm assuming it's like an insult? Also she'll say "that's so redik"...no idea wtf that means...I swear if she starts talking like that during sex I'm kicking her out of the room.

Doomsayer

Ok I need help from the younger NFL-Gaffers in here what the hell does ratchet and redik mean?? I'm talking to that co-worker and her vocabulary is...well fucken awful..when she says ratchet she's talking about certain people usually her friends, something like "oh she's so ratchet" so I'm assuming it's like an insult? Also she'll say "that's so redik"...no idea wtf that means...I swear if she starts talking like that during sex I'm kicking her out of the room.

People actually say these things?

Ratchet is just a low key word for whore and redik I'm assuming means ridiculous.

People actually say these things?

Ratchet is just a low key word for whore and redik I'm assuming means ridiculous.

Hmmm that makes sense I guess..yeah I could post an excerpt of how she types...but you guys might lose some IQ points, I don't think Gata can afford to lose anymore.

MechDX

Silva is a hack. He was wrong about the RG3 trade and can't let it go. When the Rams clean up trading that pick again he'll still be fat and stupid

Don't know the guy. I do know the Texans are not in Jags/Raiders territory. There are a few holes but nothing that cant be fixed easily. I would easily put them in the 10-15 range

Hmmm that makes sense I guess..yeah I could post an excerpt of how she types...but you guys might lose some IQ points, I don't think Gata can afford to lose anymore.

I taught a lesson on simple machines earlier this year and I said the word ratchet and my students erupted into laughter. I was totally stunned.

I'll give you an old man's perspective on it:

240px-Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg

So "She's so ratchet" must mean she's in the medical field.....or a giant robot.

I taught a lesson on simple machines earlier this year and I said the word ratchet and my students erupted into laughter. I was totally stunned.

Even as a teenager I never sounded this stupid. The worst part is she's 29....

I'll give you an old man's perspective on it:

240px-Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg

So "She's so ratchet" must mean she's in the medical field.....or a giant robot.

Well she's not in the medical field...maybe robot I'll have to check.

squicken

https://twitter.com/RealJerryAngelo

Jerry Angelo has his rankings on QBs. Check his TL for groupings. This is the best one, but keep in mind he has Cam as like the third best QB in football

3rd QB Class - 7.5-7.9 Talented, has good play history, but had a subpar year. Lack of durability, deficiency in an intangible area, poor cast around him or coaching. Any of these reasons may have kept him from playing to his potential. May be a descending player.

7.9 Matt Ryan: A good, but not special player. He is tough-minded and smart, but his arm talent is not elite. He needs a good cast around him. When he is not supported with talented receivers, a solid line and a good running game, you see his flaws.

7.8 Tony Romo: He has a blind spot. His instincts are just average and his accuracy is not consistent enough, given the amount of times they let him wing it and that’s what he does...wing it. His ability to handle pressure is suspect and physically he is the danger zone given his two back surgeries.

7.7 Jay Cutler: Has all the physical tools, but inconsistent in the clutch, mostly due to a lack of poise. He’s not comfortable reading defenses and consequently locks onto a favorite or pre-determined target that may or may not be the right choice. The less he’s asked to see the better he is. A better half field general, than a full field one.

7.6 Matt Stafford: Stafford, in my eyes, not only did not win games for the Lions this year, but also lost them for his team. Carelessness with the ball, inaccurate throws, and poor mechanics will prevent him from ever turning into an elite QB. Calvin Johnson masks a lot of his faults.

7.5 Joe Flacco: He only gets into this category because of his Super Bowl win. I’m not sold he has the ability to be an elite QB. He can play too cautious or get locked on to a receiver. Too hot and cold, needs to be more room temperature.

7.5 Eli Manning: He showed this year, as he did when they lost Plaxico Burress. He’s only as good as the sum of the parts around him. He lost his confidence and poise this year. A veteran quarterback with his pedigree that should not have happened, regardless of injuries etc..

7.6 Matt Stafford: Stafford, in my eyes, not only did not win games for the Lions this year, but also lost them for his team. Carelessness with the ball, inaccurate throws, and poor mechanics will prevent him from ever turning into an elite QB. Calvin Johnson masks a lot of his faults.

My god this is so fucking good.

Milchjon

So if someone showed up here and said a bunch of racist stuff that you would funny because it would get people to react?

He's harmless, and I say that as a dirty poor.

urbandictionary.com was a revelation that helped me through my first few years on GAF. Whenever you have a question like that, that should be your first thing to check.

6.3 Ryan Tannehill: He’s an athlete who is trying to develop into a QB. His arm is good, but his accuracy is questionable. He isn’t comfortable from within the pocket. Led the league in sacks; something isn’t right, given he’s an athletic QB. Protection is one thing, ‘feel’ is another. When things aren’t going well, he can’t pull himself or his team out of it. Those aren’t good signs for a signal caller.

Eh...I agree for the most part..especially about his feel in the pocket but as far as pulling the team when things are down we had a lot of games won/within distance because of him and lost because of the rest of this shitty ass team/coaches, especially this year.

He's harmless, and I say that as a dirty poor.

urbandictionary.com was a revelation that helped me through my first few years on GAF. Whenever you have a question like that, that should be your first thing to check.

I always forget about that site, I'll need it too if I'm going to continue talking to her.

squicken

Eh...I agree for the most part..especially about his feel in the pocket but as far as pulling the team when things are down we had a lot of games won/within distance because of him and lost because of the rest of this shitty ass team/coaches, especially this year.

It's the one thing I cannot stand about QB evaluations. The only guys who "elevate" bad WRs are scrambling QBs, b/c they buy time for bad WRs to get open. Think Vick and Finnerman.

To me, the test of a QB is whether he maximizes the potential of an offense. I think Matt Ryan did that last year, given their injuries and no run game. I don't think Eli did, even though they had lots of injuries as well. Tannehill is still flawed, but he's in his 2nd year. He shouldn't be tasked in year two to carry his team

7.5 Joe Flacco: He only gets into this category because of his Super Bowl win. I’m not sold he has the ability to be an elite QB. He can play too cautious or get locked on to a receiver. Too hot and cold, needs to be more room temperature.

You and me both brotha! But hey, give him 120 mil anyway!

squicken

7th and 8th QB Class - 6.0 Young talented player who is still in the developmental stages. Needs more playing time

to determine his future.

6.0 EJ Manuel

6.0 Thad Lewis

6.0 Terrelle Pryor

6.0 Chase Daniel

--​----------​----------​----------​----------​----------​----------​-

5.5-5.9​ Can be an emergency starter. Does not have the mentality or physical talent to perform as a consistent starter. He’s temporary relief, but not a long-term solution.

5.9 Michael Vick

5.8 Ryan Fitzpatrick

5.8 Matt Cassel

5.8 Kellen Clemens

5.8 Chad Henne

5.8 Matt Moore

5.8 Brian Hoyer

5.7 Christian Ponder

5.5 Matt Sanchez

5.5 Josh Freeman

5.5 Brandon Weeden

5.5 Jason Campbell

5.5 Blaine Gabbert

Last QB Class - 5.0-5.4 A band-aid, can get you through a game. Not a starter. He lacks the arm strength or

needed accuracy. May also be missing something intangible, i.e. toughness, instincts etc.. Cannot win with him, regardless of supporting cast or coaching.

5.4 Kirk Cousin: Smart, hard working and well liked and respected. Lacks the arm talent to start and become a guy you can win with.

5.0 Colt McCoy: Nothing that gets him to the ‘enough level’ in any area physically speaking, will be a memory in 2014.

5.0 Matt McGloin: A lot of moxie with marginal arm talent. No traits to compliment top intangibles.

5.0 Case Keenum: same as above

5.0 Scott Toizien: same as above

Lotta broken NFL-GAF dreams here

squicken

What was the write up on Foles?

2nd QB Class - 8.4-8.0 Played at a high level. Was one of the reasons for his team’s success... not elite.

8.4 Ben Roethlisberger: Still has the power in his arm and the ‘hang in’ toughness to elevate the play of his team.

8.4 Russell Wilson: He has all the savvy you want for the position. His size and arm talent limit him. You can win with him, because he can follow the script and deviate from it to execute the offense. He keeps defenses honest with his play making ability. A great leader.

8.4 Colin Kaepernick: A great talent. Though he has the size and arm strength, he’s not comfortable as a prototype pocket passer. He has tunnel vision and relies more on his athleticism than his reads to make plays when things start to unravel. When his instincts kick in, he can take over a game.

8.3 Alex Smith: Has a high IQ in the classroom and good one on the field. He’s mobile and tough. He’s not as good as Rich Gannon, but like him. He consistently maximizes to the extent of his abilities. His flaw is, he’s not going to do much over coaching, meaning he isn’t going to make the adlib plays like some others.

8.0 Nick Foles: Put up top numbers and achieved the best QB rating in football. Once they made the change to him, they won. He knows how to protect the ball and get his team in the end zone. Oakland got a dose of how good he is doing it.

Too much of a winz fetish for me, but that's what gets those guys hired and fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom