• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Saffold going to play guard or tackle? He's really only okay at tackle, but go and draft Matthews or with some luck Robinson? And that is a stout run blocking unit

Raiders can afford to overpay a guard

If Monroe hits FA, I'm hoping we land both him and Saffold then we upgrade at both positions.

Cosmos was great. Way better without waiting in line for 1.5 hours and missing the first half.

Let's keep the TD spoilers/references out of here.

k thx. <3

bby

I am very curious why the Raiders made no effort on Veldheer. Didn't try and sign him before or after FA started. Seems like a red flag for whoever wants him

I've heard they've made an offer. I never got exact details of what it was (There was a source that was shown to be inaccurate). I imagine there was a fair market price offer for him, and he wanted to see what others would pay. It's kind of frustrating that he's indicated that he'd love to return to Oakland, but seems to want to be overpaid for it. Then again he could still return.

So is Saffold going to play guard or tackle? He's really only okay at tackle, but go and draft Matthews or with some luck Robinson? And that is a stout run blocking unit

Raiders can afford to overpay a guard

I'm guessing guard since it's the more glaring need. And agree that we will have to take Robinson/Matthews at 5. Unless, they have faith in Watson playing LT, which is a strong possibility.

I am very curious why the Raiders made no effort on Veldheer. Didn't try and sign him before or after FA started. Seems like a red flag for whoever wants him

Reggie has been trying since December. I think he just wants out or wants to be ridiculously overpaid. If he takes less money elsewhere, there's really nothing Reggie could have done. Tagging him wouldn't have guaranteed a long term deal, and he probably would have taken his 11 million and coasted through the year before signing with another team next year.

Still it's a possibility this is all BS. Who knows. I remember when the media reported all our coaches were leaving and had deals in place with other teams.

squicken

Still it's a possibility this is all BS. Who knows. I remember when the media reported all our coaches were leaving and had deals in place with other teams.

Saffold's agent is on record saying he is not coming back to STL, though obviously refuses to say who he will play for. Rumors are TB was/is involved, but I at least believe the rumors on the offensive linemen

Saffold's agent is on record saying he is not coming back to STL, though obviously refuses to say who he will play for. Rumors are TB was/is involved, but I at least believe the rumors on the offensive linemen

Yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. I actually don't mind signing him, just hoping we get Monroe or retain Veldheer as well.

MechDX

BiVllDGCQAAG6Gr.png:large

Squicken, we have such good guys.

bengals/Vikings are a bunch of thugs

minx

First big name off the board. What are they going to do with Peppers?

unless he takes a pay cut, he will most likely be released. 18 million cap hit. 8 million dead money if released.

I got an Xbox One for Titanfall. Anyone that will be playing add me.

GT is Minx88

MechDX

unless he takes a pay cut, he will most likely be released. 18 million cap hit. 8 million dead money if released.

I got an Xbox One for Titanfall. Anyone that will be playing add me.

GT is Minx88

Still haven't decided if I want one. I forgot I had over 20k reward points on my Chase card so I have $200 worth of Amazon gift cards on the way.

Xbox One vs PS4. Cant decide on one or either.

squicken

BiVllDGCQAAG6Gr.png:large

Squicken, we have such good guys.

bengals/Vikings are a bunch of thugs

When Spags was coach he had something called the "4 Pillars" which was all about drafting and signing only high character guys. With Fisher in charge I imagine that number will climb

minx

Still haven't decided if I want one. I forgot I had over 20k reward points on my Chase card so I have $200 worth of Amazon gift cards on the way.

I will eventually have both. Went with Xbox One now because it has more games that I like and want to play this year. It also helps that I primarily only have friends that play Xbox.

I have both. I wouldn't recommend an xbone until they fix Xbl. It truly is a piece of shit right now as is the entire user interface of the system. KI and dead rising are great. Ryse is the shittiest next gen game that I've played between the two systems.

Use that money to build a top notch gaming PC or go with ps4

squicken

Welcome back!

It seems odd to imagine Zimmer ever taking a dude with a pinky ring seriously. I imagine at some point he'll go hunt him for sport with his bow

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welcome back ez. Are you starting to get nervous with the prospect of a Mike Evans, Calvin Johnson etc. receving core? I would be if I were any other NFC North team.

Also RIP to William Clay Ford. He was a good man, who cared about the Lions, but as LionsGAF pointed out he was too loyal at times especially with the Matt Millen decade and wanting to keep Schwartz another year or so.

However since the 0-16 season Bill Ford Jr. has been in charge and knows what it takes to win, and when ties need to be cut and we have to move on. With Ford Jr. fully in charge I expect our team to grow even more talented.

Also regarding the Chris Johnson trade rumors - anyone know what he could go for in terms of trade value? Of course his contract would have to be restructred but after that I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th round or so for some extra added firepower to the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0 coming to you starting September 2014.

bionic77

Welcome back brother.

Try to be more sensitive next time. These ladies are getting very sensitive. Not to mention Gata snitching.

PS I think I about to quit tested. God they are boring without Gary. They were right about the Chromecast. I bought one to replace my PS3 and it died after 3 weeks. You get what you pay for. So poors like Gata are fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom