• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

Congrats Seahawks gaf except for ace :mad:

And to broncos gaf, it was a disappointing effort from your team, and you and fans deserved better. Good luck in the offseason and hope you guys return next season healthy and with everyone in tact. Let the race to the AFC Best start tonight. Good luck guys and see you next season. I hate you guys.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posted yet?

z3FTP7E.jpg

z5F2nOK.png

0oXDBdr.jpg

bi3r71b.jpg

I would like to take this time to formally announce myself as the Steward of the House of Oakland who will tend to the Raiders Clan until the return of Chan, the rightful King of RaidersGAF.

Godslay

Banned
Signing off NFL-GAF. It's been a great season with my fellow Bronco fans and with everyone who was in this thread. See you when I see you.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Signing off NFL-GAF. It's been a great season with my fellow Bronco fans and with everyone who was in this thread. See you when I see you.

Don't leave us Slay. The thread needs you brother, so take your vacation from the loss, which hurts I'm sure, but come back.

football am dead

Football is never dead. We have draft, combines, free agency etc.

Plus every offseason we get hilarious or interesting stories about players getting into trouble or bringing attention to themselves in one way or another.

Last season we had stories like the Aaron Hernandez murder case, Manti T'eo fake girlfriend, Riley Coopers racism, Lord Timothy Tebow news etc.

The NFL offseason is IMO more entertaining than baseball or anything else going on. Although this year we have the World Cup which should be great.

Godslay

Banned
Don't leave us Slay. The thread needs you brother, so take your vacation from the loss, which hurts I'm sure, but come back.

Sure. I just need the down time away from football for now. I'll be back when it feels right. Invested in this season emotionally, so I'm just a bit spent right now. Thanks for the kind words though, you are a good person. Keep the faith.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas give us your current Mock draft for Detroit. 3 rounds is good enough, unless you feeling like mocking more rounds. You know what, you also have the the choice mocking two rounds. In fact, you can just ignore me and not mock draft at all.

I'm not ready to do a mock draft just yet, especially for the later rounds. However I still think we need to draft either Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans or some sort of offensive playmaker at #10.

Our first three rounds should look something like this:

1.) Wide Receiver
2.) Defensive Back/Running Back/Tight End
3.) Defensive Back/Running Back/Tight End

Our offensive line is set thanks to brilliant drafting by Martin Mayhew and Brian Xanders last season so now we can just focus on adding playmakers.

I haven't had a chance to watch film on running backs but I absolutely believe we need to find ourselves another running back in the later rounds who can possibly replace Bush, or fill in if he gets hurt.

Sure. I just need the down time away from football for now. I'll be back when it feels right. Invested in this season emotionally, so I'm just a bit spent right now. Thanks for the kind words though, you are a good person. Keep the faith.

Thanks, Slay. I understand the need for downtime though. I get emotionally drained investing in football, especially the Lions, and sometimes I need to take a break from the team and NFLGAF where I do 90% of my football talk.

I know the loss hurts but come back soon brother, wish you the best in life. You guys had a hell of a run, who knows maybe Manning has one more season left in him?

I'm not ready to do a mock draft just yet, especially for the later rounds. However I still think we need to draft either Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans or some sort of offensive playmaker at #10.

Our first three rounds should look something like this:

1.) Wide Receiver
2.) Defensive Back/Running Back/Tight End
3.) Defensive Back/Running Back/Tight End

Our offensive line is set thanks to brilliant drafting by Martin Mayhew and Brian Xanders last season so now we can just focus on adding playmakers.

I haven't had a chance to watch film on running backs but I absolutely believe we need to find ourselves another running back in the later rounds who can possibly replace Bush, or fill in if he gets hurt.

Thanks, Slay. I understand the need for downtime though. I get emotionally drained investing in football, especially the Lions, and sometimes I need to take a break from the team and NFLGAF where I do 90% of my football talk.

I know the loss hurts but come back soon brother, wish you the best in life.

I agree with all of this

Drakeon

Take as long as you need Slay, it's tough losing the SB. Just try to be back by Draft time, no real need to even get into football before then.

No more football. :(

What a shitty way to end it. Congrats Seahawks fans!

I am a Manning fan, think he was the greatest of all time... that game... damn.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You are relieved of your avatar obligations Kas.

*Phew* It was very painful wearing this avatar the whole playoffs, but I brought it unto myself.

I'm debating whether to wear a Stafford, Suh or Coach Caldwell avatar. Leaning toward Stafford, but I'll be looking for one tomorrow night after work.

Still don't totally understand that. Are they going to show the team 'win the draft', but not the following season?

And is it based on a Browns fans fic?

Its probably a reenactment of them trading up one spot with the Vikings so they could pick Trent Richardson after they somehow convinced them that he wouldnt be there one pick later. :JNC

Most successful draft moment in their team history.

Huh? I'm not familiar with this. Care to elaborate?

Costner is the GM of the Browns and Dennis Leary is the new coach, they have opposite views on who to draft on draft day, drama ensues.

They showed a clip and Leary came from Dallas to coach the Browns and Costner said something like "I am trying to build a winner" and Leary says "I come from Dallas *shows his ring* We win!" I cracked up laughing.

Drakeon

Costner is the GM of the Browns and Dennis Leary is the new coach, they have opposite views on who to draft on draft day, drama ensues.

They showed a clip and Leary came from Dallas to coach the Browns and Costner said something like "I am trying to build a winner" and Leary says "I come from Dallas *shows his ring* We win!" I cracked up laughing.

Oh fuck, I thought you were making this up. This is actually a thing that exists. What in the actual fuck?

ShaneB

Baseball season begins in two months!

Join us good folk in MLB-GAF!

#YearoftheDoyers

Go Blue Jays. :p not that big a Baseball fan to care about a 162 game regular season.I'll have it on the background, but not much for discussing the ins and outs of the season.

The Hockey season will keep me entertained for the next while, and I suppose not long after that the CFL season starts in July, so that would be my Football fix.

Godslay

Banned
bye slay

go eat some german pizza. it will make you forget the bad times.

Even with a SB loss, I enjoyed kicking the shit out of your busted squad. Be thankful we saved Brady from being raped again on the big stage.

Thanks for the kind words though.And I'm done.

Fantomex

MV5BMjAyOTMxMjA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMwNjQ4MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

The General Manager of the Cleveland Browns struggles to acquire the number one draft pick for his team.

It's either gonna be the next Field of Dreams, or it's gonna suck big time. No in between.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Just made the post game road trip back from Kirkland, WA to Vancouver in record time. I was floating the entire time.

What a great feeling to FINALLY have Seattle win - as absolutely gutted as I was when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup, I'm over the fucking moon for the Hawks and the whole fan base. I don't want to go to bed...just sit here and ruminate on today's glorious display of defensive dominance.

Silly as sports is, it's at times like these when you realize that it's more than cheering for laundry. Seahawks-Age, this one is for you.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just made the post game road trip back from Kirkland, WA to Vancouver in record time. I was floating the entire time.

What a great feeling to FINALLY have Seattle win - as absolutely gutted as I was when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup, I'm over the fucking moon for the Hawks and the whole fan base. I don't want to go to bed...just sit here and ruminate on today's glorious display of defensive dominance.

Silly as sports is, it's at times like these when you realize that it's more than cheering for laundry. Seahawks-Age, this one is for you.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's actually cool to see the city of Seattle get sports championship victory of any kind. IIRC they've never had any unless the Sonics won one back in the day. Seattle has some hardcore fans, and I know they were gutted when the NBA let the SuperSonics leave for ridiculous reasons.

The Seahawk almost left to Los Angeles a few years back as well. What Paul Allen did to help turn the franchise around, and keep the franchise in Seattle, is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom