• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Hey guys, Tearaway is not a very good game. the ending is cool though.

Also go watch Owning Mahowny in honor of that dude who offed himself.

LJ11

I think it's funny that the Broncos shutting down Seattle's run game is lost in all the hooplah.

Knighton was a beast once again.

Broncos played so poorly on O that it wiped out what they did against Lynch. Made the Seahawks one dimensional and they still got whipped.

I love Pepper Johnson as DL coach for the Bills. He's been in that division for ages, and he knows the weaknesses and how to exploit our DL, valuable insight. You want to fix your run D problems, hire a guy who coached against your guys and knows what they looked to exploit. Have to fix that run D, it's abysmal.

2000-ravens-defense-1.jpg

Some perspective

eznark

Banned

Broncos played so poorly on O that it wiped out what they did against Lynch. Made the Seahawks one dimensional and they still got whipped.

I love Pepper Johnson as DL coach for the Bills. He's been in that division for ages, and he knows the weaknesses and how to exploit our DL, valuable insight. You want to fix your run D problems, hire a guy who coached against your guys and knows what they looked for.

If you sell out against the run and lose by 40...no one probably should care.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Saints tried this in the regular season, and I'm pretty sure Atlanta did in the playoffs as well. You can't just go all-in run defense against us because Wilson WILL burn you when you do so.

I for one am glad we can cut that bum Cam Newton and instead pay Greg Hardy $300 million.

Just go resign Jimmy Clausen for a bag of skittles and we're set. Championship baby!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You know what sucks?

When the only worse sport's town than you, Atlanta, is Cleveland. When you're a solid #2 in this department it sucks hardcore. :|

PS: I just started Unepic on the Wii U and give it a thumbs up!

LJ11

If you sell out against the run and lose by 40...no one probably should care.

They really didn't sell out though.

Locked it up without giving much up in the back end.

Saints tried this in the regular season, and I'm pretty sure Atlanta did in the playoffs as well. You can't just go all-in run defense against us because Wilson WILL burn you when you do so.

Wilson didnt do much. Game was over at half time. You guys are acting like he dimed all over the Broncos in the first half.

dionysus

Yaldog
Yup. This is something I've been discussing with a few coworkers. The new style of QB has been a narrative for a while now, but last night was again a showcase of how an immobile QB does not pose as great a threat just because it limits options. Pass rushing becomes much easier when you realize the QB won't be all over the field.

edit: Happy Birthday Greg, you know I love ya.

Just like you can say that a QB who goes through his progressions and spreads the ball around to many receivers opens up the field and is hard to defend against.

I agree with you but there isn't just one correct formula to win, and specifically there isn't just one type of QB that can be great. That is why coaches that adapt to the players they have and the opponents they face are so valuable, and everyone else is a Kubiak. Certain coaches in the league need specific personnel or they fail horribly, other coaches can at least put together a decent team no matter what hand they are dealt.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wilson didnt do much. Game was over at half time. You guys are acting like he dimed all over the Broncos in the first half.
72% comp with 8+ YPA? Did you miss those third downs he completed?

The only reason you say Wilson didn't do much was because our defense just did that much more.

What's this?! There's some rumblings Houston is interested In HoHoyer and would be willing to give a 2nd or 3rd for him. Reported on espn Cleveland radio today. Just a rumor

LJ11

9-14 with 94 yards or so in the first half, you know when the Broncos were actually invested in stopping the run.

He didn't do much, wasn't asked to, padded numbers in second half and Denver helped with the missed tackles.

MechDX

What's this?! There's some rumblings Houston is interested In HoHoyer and would be willing to give a 2nd or 3rd for him. Reported on espn Cleveland radio today. Just a rumor

Saw that on Twitter. Seriously, the rumors will get crazier and more outrageous until the draft.

o-bey_design.png

Happy Birthday, Greg!

Hey guys, Tearaway is not a very good game. the ending is cool though.
I thought it was just me! Everyone couldn't stop gushing about it but I found the gameplay to be very shallow and not that rewarding. I ended up coming around on the game somewhat because I enjoyed the second half a lot more than the first but I definitely think it's overrated. I guess a lot of people enjoyed the gimmick of taking pictures of stuff and seeing it in the world but I got tired of it super fast. MM is definitely a style over substance developer.

The ending was awesome though, and I enjoyed the last few areas quite a bit.

Some perspective

I don't know that I ever thought that this Seahawks defense was the best to ever play the game, just that that performance last night might have been the best individual defensive performance.

I didn't know they were that close to some of the best all time defenses though. For them to even be close to those other teams considering how much more ridiculously handicapped the defense is in this era is really impressive and might actually give them a fighting shot in an argument for best ever.

Congrats on being a year closer to your death Greg!

Did last night really happen? What a fucking boring game. Might as well have watched a Browns thursday night game.

Having a ton of fun with it, yes! I need to play it more.
It's one of those games that gets better and better as you play it, not because you are unlocking upgrades or anything artificial like that, but simply because you are becoming more and more competent with the mechanics. It's very rewarding in that sense.

I don't know that I ever thought that this Seahawks defense was the best to ever play the game, just that that performance last night might have been the best individual defensive performance.

I agree. I came upon that picture during a debate at work. Last night was stunning and an incredible defensive performance, but that doesn't mean they were the best defense ever.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Some perspective

The way Seattle played last night definitely puts them in that conversation. That said, I'm more likely to think that a great offense will win a Super Bowl than a great defense. Great defenses are really hard to put together. I certainly wouldn't even bank on Seattle repeating necessarily. They feel a lot less fraudulent than last years Ravens though.

I'd also pay Wilson more than Flacco.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if any qb in a 16 game format will have get sacked as much as David Carr did in 2002. Also fuck the Texans, man looking at the box score for our game just makes me all kinds of salty again.

David Carr 3-10 33 yards

James Allen 13 rushes 19 yards
Johnathan Wells 10 rushes 12 yards

Steelers 422 total yards
Texans 47 total yards

Final Score

Texans 24- Steelers 6

Fuck you Mech.

We were 14 pt favorites for the game too

We would've won yesterday as well. The NFC is just heads and shoulders above the shit hole that is the AFC. Next year is going to be super interesting in the NFC. Its gonna be even more of a meat grinder.

jakncoke

Banned
We would've won yesterday as well. The NFC is just heads and shoulders above the shit hole that is the AFC. Next year is going to be super interesting in the NFC. Its gonna be even more of a meat grinder.

that shit hole led by Joe Flacco beat you lolz

just a reminder if you've quarantined that nightmare in your memory.

that shit hole led by Joe Flacco beat you lolz

just a reminder if you've quarantined that nightmare in your memory.

Oh no the Ravens were led by God that year, they couldn't lose even if every army combined was led against them.

And fuck Kap.

I love these kind of arguments.

Oh so teams just stay consistent all year? What was the point of your original comment in the first place then?

Super bowl, who would you take, Brady, Peyton, Ben, or Brees.

Ben then Brady.

Yeah I don't think the Super Bowl will be as good as the NFC Conference Championship game anytime soon. The AFC is complete trash but man am I excited for our divisional games this year!

While that was the most boring Super Bowl imaginable for all but chicken fans, I thank the chickens for solidifying my faith that an elite defense and mediocre play at QB is enough to win it all. This is the mold the Cards are in and we're right there. This will be the most excited and optimistic I've been entering a season since Warner retired. For now, bring on FA and then the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom