• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so teams just stay consistent all year? What was the point of your original comment in the first place then?
It's just kind of arbitrary. Yes the 49ers were different towards the end of the season but they never played the Colts again so we don't have anything other than speculation to point to a different result. You can argue for any team beating any team when they didn't actually play each other, especially when you start discounting results from the very same season.

Anyway, I've gotten into the whole AFC/NFC thing too much as it is, don't want to go down that road again. Niners and Seahawks are better than any AFC teams, I'll leave it at that.

Doomsayer

good enough to shit on basically anybody besides the niners and seahawks

And I think in hindsight Kaepernick deserves so much more credit. NFLgaf shits on him at every opportunity but he handled the pressure of that Seahawks defense a lot better than "pocket quarterback fantastic progression reader" Pey pey.

You may have close to no chance against that Seahawks defense without a mobile QB.

Funny, I said the same thing about Kaep last night. He went into Seattle and handled the noise pretty well and generated almost 300 yards of offense by himself. Not only that, he didn't pad his stats in garbage time like Peyton did.

The rivalry between the two teams is going to be insane for at least the next 5 years. Just don't kill anymore of our players, Seattle.

Doomsayer

Bitches being bitches. Any good lifelong meltdowns missed?

Graverobber had a nice one in the Super Bowl OT.

Wow shit talking from Browns fans...

Only Super Bowl you motherfuckers will ever make is scrubbing the toilets of the other 31 teams in the league, yet they'll still do a piss poor job and cleaning under the rim
I mean your called the Browns for fuck sakes, there's a reason

I mean you have Kave as your banner guy, that alone should tell you to jump ship

Fuck even Jaguar fans would commit suicide to rep for that dip shit of a team

Hey Browns fans try to sniff the playoffs before talking shit
You irrelevant
Only time you'll be in the news again is the #1 draft pick or if Jim Brown dies and they show the true great highlights of your team from yester-year

Disfunk punk bitches

jakncoke

Banned
As we're currently in a NFC swing of dominance. Its interesting to look at the Super Bowl history broadly and see how either conference has blocks of dominance and there really hasnt been a time where it was even.

Super Bowl 1 through 15 AFC 11 NFC 4

Super Bowl 16 through 31 NFC 15 AFC 1

Super Bowl 32 through 41 AFC 8 NFC 2

Super Bowl 42 through 48 NFC 5 AFC 2

The way Seattle played last night definitely puts them in that conversation. That said, I'm more likely to think that a great offense will win a Super Bowl than a great defense. Great defenses are really hard to put together. I certainly wouldn't even bank on Seattle repeating necessarily. They feel a lot less fraudulent than last years Ravens though.

I'd also pay Wilson more than Flacco.

This Seahawks team will beat anyone other than the Niners pretty comfortably until they are forced to pay their young players their true value.

Watching that game has to be really disappointing for 90% of the league though. Makes me not want to invest any assets in the draft or free agency towards offense this summer.

MechDX

Message from Broncos Shaun Phillips to his son:

BfhTwF6IYAAEQnU.jpg:large

/feels

Im laughing at everyone here claiming who will be good next season and who wont. If this season taught me anything its that being good in the league is fleeting. Who can honestly say they saw the Falcons and Texans going from first to complete dumpster fires? It happens every year and it will happen next year as well.

bionic77

This Seahawks team will beat anyone other than the Niners pretty comfortably until they are forced to pay their young players their true value.

Watching that game has to be really disappointing for 90% of the league though. Makes me not want to invest any assets in the draft or free agency towards offense this summer.
Their defense won't be this dominant next year. If they want to repeat Wussle will have to take the next step.

If anything last night was encouraging for teams like the Panthers.

Seahawks proved that a defensive led team can still win it all even in this day and age.

xnipx

It was also a lot easier to play pass defense in 2000.

And man the league was really shitty that year. Fucking Kerry Collins played in the Superbowl...

The Vikings choked in the title game. They still had one of the best offenses ever and prime moss. If the ravens play the Vikings and shut them down this game means a little less.

effzee

Their defense won't be this dominant next year. If they want to repeat Wussle will have to take the next step.

And he probably will if Harvin stays healthy and they can add another weapon or two. They could use a change of pace back who is more of a shifty fast back.

How I wish we had one safety like Chancellor or Thomas. I think Seahawks are built like what I would want a team ideally built.

And he probably will if Harvin stays healthy and they can add another weapon or two. They could use a change of pace back who is more of a shifty fast back.

How I wish we had one safety like Chancellor or Thomas. I think Seahawks are built like what I would want a team ideally built.

I would kill for Chancellor. That guy is such a beast.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Already have one! Christine Michael, who has a burst speed about as fast as Harvin.

Too bad he needs work to be able to do more than that, but hopefully he'll be there by next season.

The way Seattle played last night definitely puts them in that conversation. That said, I'm more likely to think that a great offense will win a Super Bowl than a great defense. Great defenses are really hard to put together. I certainly wouldn't even bank on Seattle repeating necessarily. They feel a lot less fraudulent than last years Ravens though.

I'd also pay Wilson more than Flacco.

Out of the 5 times in the SB where the #1 offense met the #1 defense, the defensive side won 4 out of 5. Defense wins championships =p

jakncoke

Banned
I still have the '74 Steelers...13 points against avg, 219 yards against average, 56 takeaways. And the 6 points against in the SB came on a blocked punt.

That 76' era end must of been a hellava ride to witness , Sure we didnt win the SB that year. But I cant imagine what it must of been like to live through a 9 game stretch where we gave up 28 pts, 2 tds total and had 5 shut outs

Talamius

I dunno about that. If you play the SEA/SF/CAR games 10 times in the playoffs, Seattle probably comes out 5 with SF and Carolina splitting the rest.

I predict you're going to see PI overhauled in the offseason. Goodell wants everyone scoring 40+.

"If Harvin stays healthy" read that like 12 times the last 3 pages. How long has Harvin even stayed healthy in a row in this league lol and he is in his like 6th season.

I was shocked he made it through a game.

squicken

2000-ravens-defense-1.jpg

Some perspective

That Bears D was the best I've seen, but the league is much different from then and 2000 than it is now. QBs were terrified of that Bears D b/c they would just crush them with hits that very illegal now

It's still, of course, a QB driven league. A stud like Rodgers or Brees means the team is always in the playoffs.

jakncoke

Banned
"If Harvin stays healthy" read that like 12 times the last 3 pages. How long has Harvin even stayed healthy in a row in this league lol and he is in his like 6th season.

eznark

Banned

/feels

Im laughing at everyone here claiming who will be good next season and who wont. If this season taught me anything its that being good in the league is fleeting. Who can honestly say they saw the Falcons and Texans going from first to complete dumpster fires? It happens every year and it will happen next year as well.

Lots of people saw the falcons.

49ers will be next year's falcons

Striker

The Vikings choked in the title game. They still had one of the best offenses ever and prime moss. If the ravens play the Vikings and shut them down this game means a little less.
They had Jason Sehorn post-knee injury, Dave Thomas and Emmanuel McDaniel shutting them down, instead!

That 76' era end must of been a hellava ride to witness , Sure we didnt win the SB that year. But I cant imagine what it must of been like to live through a 9 game stretch where we gave up 28 pts, 2 tds total and had 5 shut outs

Yep, numbers wise the '76 D was their best and perhaps the best in history, but they get no reck due to them flaming out in the playoffs cause their entire starting offensive backfield was injured.

He fell into a trolls trap

Who is the troll? He freaked out about us discussing the Pats cheating. It was all him.

/feels

I said before the season that the Texans wouldnt win their division and I didnt think they would make the playoffs.

Paches

He only missed about 2 games in his first 3 years. He had an injury halfway through last year and now the hip deal. It wouldn't be unprecedented to say the least that he makes it to 14 out of 16 games, for example, next year.

jakncoke

Banned
He only missed about 2 games in his first 3 years. He had an injury halfway through last year and now the hip deal. It wouldn't be unprecedented to say the least that he makes it to 14 out of 16 games, for example, next year.

How many of those 14 games will he take extended migraine breaks ;)

ShaneB

/feels

I posted that image last night as well and got emotional. And agreed about next season. There's no way to predict what might happen next season already. So much can, and will, happen in the offseason and regular season to throw everything out of whack and it's all crazy.

I'm still putting together a post with all my thoughts of the Super Bowl and the Seahawks in general. Hope to share it soon.

Who are some good D-lineman and DB's coming out of college? I guess we also could use a replacement for Decker but I want Denver to do nothing but upgrade that defense. Hopefully we can stay healthy as well.

I still have the '74 Steelers...13 points against avg, 219 yards against average, 56 takeaways. And the 6 points against in the SB came on a blocked punt.

Honestly, there were a few other years in the 2000s that both the Steelers and Ravens had that we're amazing. 2006 we were really good too, and I don't remember which years for Pit, but they definitely happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom