• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he starts to throw a lot of interceptions then I'll worry.
Brady's ideal future ceiling in your eyes:

chad_pennington.jpg

My problem isn't with who we are blaming, it's the fact that the Seahawks are given no credit. "No credit" being relative to the amount of "omg chokerchokerchoker" Manning is getting.

And I think it's pretty obvious that Brady would be taking zero blame for this loss. He's gotten almost no shit in the general media for his abysmal performance this season and when he floated a shitty pass that Welker wasn't able to miraculously haul in, Welker was run out of town.

The Seahawks dominated the Broncos. What else is there to say really? It wasn't even a game - the winning points were scored in the first quarter.

From that point on the game became about how Manning is frequently on the wrong side of history. Not that he takes all the blame, but he should take a little bit more than the none he's always credited with.

As for the Pats...I said it years ago - Pats are the new Colts, except it's Belichick carrying them to those wins. Well, unless Brady pulls a ref crew that will still gift him interference calls at the 1.

Milchjon

Yeah, that's an issue. But his plummeting touchdown rate combined with his age lead me to believe it won't be very long until it kind of doesn't matter. If he is still the starting QB in New England in 2015 I will be legit stunned.

Of course he won't be.

He'll retire after having won as many rings as his idol next year.

squicken

Is Bridgewater a Bill O’Brien QB?

Who ends up being that top selection remains to be seen — by all accounts, the pick’s expected to be one of the draft’s top QBs — but while it’s quite possible Bortles will be the guy, we still believe Bridgewater does everything required of an O’Brien QB.

To make the case, Aimal Arsalla and I have produced cutups of three 2013 Christian Hackenberg games, as well as one of Tom Brady back in ’11. And on the next couple pages, we’ll isolate individual plays that show Teddy’s quite capable of executing Bill O’Brien’s offense.

bionic77

Yeah, that's an issue. But his plummeting touchdown rate combined with his age lead me to believe it won't be very long until it kind of doesn't matter. If he is still the starting QB in New England in 2015 I will be legit stunned.
You forgot his inability to complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield against anyone that was not the Steelers. It's too hard to win in the playoffs without completing a few big plays. Especially on the road or a neutral field.

Peyton physically never looked great to me either. Kind of amazing he was able to put up those numbers with his defective body.

Talon

I don't get this conversation that Denver was trying to slang it. The entire game was checkdowns. After the 3rd Seattle scoring drive, all Denver was interested in was quick swings, horribly setup screens, and curls in the middle of the field. They tried to get Seattle to hold up, but the plays were so slow developing to be useless. They straight-up Fox-balled and tried not to lose.

That safety to start the game completely shook the team. You'd think they'd open it up after that TD score, but they kept on dinking and dunking with the exception of that one scoring drive that was driven by 1) outside shoulder throw to Thomas down the field and then 2) throw on a post route to Thomas.

Then they came back dinking and dunking. The thing that makes no sense to me is that the team had so much success all season throwing down the seam, and then apparently Gase and Fox decide that they can't trust the offensive line to hold up and their HoF QB to buy time and make those throws after doing it all season.

Instead they just served up a bunch of turkeys in the middle of the field for Chancellor and Irvin to beat up.

bionic77

I don't get this conversation that Denver was trying to slang it. The entire game was checkdowns. After the 3rd Seattle scoring drive, all Denver was interested in was quick swings, horribly setup screens, and curls in the middle of the field. They tried to get Seattle to hold up, but the plays were so slow developing to be useless. They straight-up Fox-balled and tried not to lose.

That safety to start the game completely shook the team. You'd think they'd open it up after that TD score, but they kept on dinking and dunking with the exception of that one scoring drive that was driven by 1) outside shoulder throw to Thomas down the field and then 2) throw on a post route to Thomas.

Then they came back dinking and dunking. The thing that makes no sense to me is that the team had so much success all season throwing down the seam, and then apparently Gase and Fox decide that they can't trust the offensive line to hold up and their HoF QB to buy time and make those throws after doing it all season.

Instead they just served up a bunch of turkeys in the middle of the field for Chancellor and Irvin to beat up.
The line was not holding up. Peyton was getting crushed with no blitz on short passes. There was no separation and it is not like it takes him a long time to throw it. Bad things were happening when he held it to look downfield. I thought the answer was to run and go more conservative and hope that the Seahawks stopped playing or made some mistakes.

Peyton never had time to get comfortable in the pocket. Plays that took a long time to develop were out of the question which really limited their offense compared to previous games they've played. Also the Seahawks DB's just weren't allowing anyone to get open down the field.

The defense was stifling in all facets. Even the screens you mentioned were only horribly set up because the Hawks blew up blockers and didn't miss tackles. D. Thomas has scored a ton of TD's this season off of very similar screen passes.

Tom Penny

Strange how when Brady had one actual real target in Gronk they had the number 1 scoring offense and redzone offense for that stretch this year.

Beating up a Div1-AA defense isnt an impressive feat. lol "squealers" I havent read that since my days of espn/yahoo message boards and 14 year olds trying to sound edgy and cool

Good thing the Squealers missed the playoffs then. Who would want to see them get destroyed again?

Talon

The line was not holding up. Peyton was getting crushed with no blitz on short passes. There was no separation and it is not like it takes him a long time to throw it. Bad things were happening when he held it to look downfield. I thought the answer was to run and go more conservative and hope that the Seahawks stopped playing or made some mistakes.
That's exactly what they fucking did! They ran the ball 27 times. Their receivers averaged 8.2 yards a catch. They folded up and refused to stretch the field.

It's like Greg Knapp showed up and took over playcalling.

Sort of a surprise, but Cassell opted out of his deal. He had one year left at $3.7m. He has a Bill O'Brien connection
Big name Guys that'll probably be available as FA qbs

Cassell
Freeman
Mccown ?
Weeden
HoJcamp :/ ?
Schaub
Farve
Feel free to add guys I'm missing, this is just off the top of my head

eznark

Banned
Strange how when Brady had one actual real target in Gronk they had the number 1 scoring offense and redzone offense for that stretch this year.

I'm guessing that most teams who had stretches against Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston and Cleveland were among the best offenses during that stretch.

Interesting that when they did have to play good defenses, the Jets and the Panthers, they still lost.

bionic77

That's exactly what they fucking did! They ran the ball 27 times. Their receivers averaged 8.2 yards a catch. They folded up and refused to stretch the field.

It's like Greg Knapp showed up and took over playcalling.
I meant be more conservative when the game was still somewhat competitive (at least on the scoreboard).

The game was already over when it was 22-0 and the KO return was the dagger.

Then again as eznark said they were clearly overmatched and sometimes you just suck and the other team is just better. What they really should have done is gotten a few Seahawks arrested before the game.

bionic77

I'm guessing that most teams who had stretches against Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston and Cleveland were among the best offenses during that stretch.

Interesting that when they did have to play good defenses, the Jets and the Panthers, they still lost.
They were so bad they made the NFC North look good.

Thing about that.

:(

Talon

I meant be more conservative when the game was still somewhat competitive (at least on the scoreboard).

The game was already over when it was 22-0 and the KO return was the dagger.
They were completely conservative. They checked down and went 3-and-out.

The INTs weren't exactly challenges down the field either.
Then again as eznark said they were clearly overmatched and sometimes you just suck and the other team is just better. What they really should have done is gotten a few Seahawks arrested before the game.
I was impressed by the defense, though. They were hung out to dry on those first three drives, and they held up before they got gassed.

The Eugene Robinson strategy. Classic.

squicken

Big name Guys that'll probably be available as FA qbs

Cassell
Freeman
Mccown ?
Weeden
HoJcamp :/ ?
Schaub
Farve
Feel free to add guys I'm missing, this is just off the top of my head

Vick and Cassell are the two biggest. I think Shaun Hill is a FA. None are an answer, but all could be a half season bridge guy to a rookie taking over. Schaub in another town, possibly, though that noodle limits his options

I was impressed by the defense, though. They were hung out to dry on those first three drives, and they held up before they got gassed.

The Eugene Robinson strategy. Classic.

That's the funny part. People cry "The whole team choked" while the defense kept the Broncos in the game as long as they could. They made Lynch irrelevant.

bionic77

Better to go to the dance and lose than stay at home.
If we are using the dance analogy...

I would rather stay home and watch star trek or magnum pi then go to the dance and watch the pretty girls go home with some other guys who then proceed to nail them while you stand in the corner with your dick in one hand and some shitty punch in the other pretending to look cool and desperately hoping that some girl throws a pity fuck in your direction.

When given those two shitty choices I would rather stay at home every time!

I would rather stay home and watch star trek or magnum pi then go to the dance and watch the pretty girls go home with some other guys who then proceed to nail them while you stand in the corner with your dick in one hand and some shitty punch in the other pretending to look cool and desperately hoping that some girl throws a pity fuck in your direction.

Quit acting like you have a choice. Your wife will always make you stay at home.

Too bad you're such a terrible dancer now :(

Oh what could have been..

American_Ballet_Theatre_logo2.png

Never was a good dancer. Its a shame.

Those dudes get so much pussy they don't know what to do with it.

It's sad to see you like this. Having your dance dream shot down by your father because he wouldn't pay for dance school and send you to Law school instead is so depressing.

Never give up on your dream, man!

Tom Penny

They scored 27 on the Jets and lost because of a call that has literally never been called in the history of football. I'm not going to say they would have beaten Carolina from the non PI call.

squicken

Gotta wonder, with what happened to Rodgers and Bradford (not the same I know) if teams will spend a bit more on backup QBs. Clemens did okay but he mostly just relied on defense and run game. Any game where he needed to make throws they lost. GB was obviously a disaster until Flynn showed up and was at least not awful

Maybe that is why Cassell is expecting more money in QB market than most in the media are

bionic77

It's sad to see you like this. Having your dance dream shot down by your father because he wouldn't pay for dance school and send you to Law school instead is so depressing.

Never give up on your dream, man!
Dreams aren't enough to get you laid (ask Gata) or become a dancer. That shit also takes talent of which I have none.

Where my parents messed up was not letting me train for the Olympics to become the first American ping pong champ since Forrest Gump. Instead of being world champion now I have to settle for thrashing the fuck out of Greg and being the champ of NeoGAF :(

60% completion rate, 271 ypg, 25/11 ration, 6.9 ypa

There is nothing special about those numbers. He was totally fine, but for Brady that is abysmal. I certainly would be terrified if Rodgers put up numbers like that.

The game sure has changed. This would've been considered great numbers back in the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom