• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta wonder, with what happened to Rodgers and Bradford (not the same I know) if teams will spend a bit more on backup QBs. Clemens did okay but he mostly just relied on defense and run game. Any game where he needed to make throws they lost. GB was obviously a disaster until Flynn showed up and was at least not awful

Maybe that is why Cassell is expecting more money in QB market than most in the media are

How many guys are injuries like that going to happen to?

Rodgers play dictates that he's going to be at risk for injuries like that yearly, but the Pack aren't letting Flynn go again. Where would Cassell go? Bears?

You forgot the biggest one...Jamarcus Russell.

Fatgut Lorenzen would like to have words with you over a McShake and a few hundred McNuggets.
fbQiQSS.jpg
Fattest Qb, look at how out of breath he looks.

My problem isn't with who we are blaming, it's the fact that the Seahawks are given no credit. "No credit" being relative to the amount of "omg chokerchokerchoker" Manning is getting.

You mean just in here or in the media in general? Because I've seen plenty of Hawk credit with all the comparisons to the 85 Bears and the like and, of course, lots of dynasty talk. Love that media, can never just be about the now and let's compare, compare, compare! The Manning stuff you just had know was coming though...top draft pick, tons of regular season wins, high stats guy, post season struggles....win or lose, of course he was going to get a lot of talk and press. It was inevitable.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn I nearly got caught up in a scam twice in the past month. My mom was telling me how these numbers from Caribbeans call up hang up and when you call them they charge between 9 and 19.95 a minute while you're on hold. Good thing I never call back numbers I dont recognize

Tom Penny

With all the Seattle D talk and history etc...they brought up the Bucs D's and I forgot how incredible they were for a bunch of years.

Narag

Damn I nearly got caught up in a scam twice in the past month. My mom was telling me how these numbers from Caribbeans call up hang up and when you call them they charge between 9 and 19.95 a minute while you're on hold. Good thing I never call back numbers I dont recognize

I'm in the habit of looking up any strange number nowadays rather than calling back.

Looked at Seattle's 2014 opponents. Maybe opening day will be a Super Bowl rematch
I wonder if they would do the Eagles in the opener. Chip returning to the northwest and I believe the Eagles Skins game was the highest rated MNF game last year.

*Checks headlines* John Fox still has not been fired. God dammit Elway.

Who would you want as a replacement? I would have so much respect for Elway if he did this but I dont think he will.

ShaneB

Morning GAF!!

It's parade day!!

Wish I was there =) I'm sure Seattle is going crazy right now. Good for all the folks that live there!

edit: Crazy weather here too, just got the word that maybe we're leaving work early. That puts me in a debate if not to go to the gym, since I'd be done around rush hour, or just skip it today and not worry.

double edit: Whoa at that TNF news. I enjoy CBS's coverage, so nothing wrong with that. But Nantz and Simms?? Ehhh..

Colasante

CBS wins the Thursday Night Football rights.

"CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers."

More info here: http://nflcommunications.com/2014/02/05/nfl-partners-with-cbs-on-2014-thursday-night-football-package/

Talon

"CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers."

More info here: http://nflcommunications.com/2014/02/05/nfl-partners-with-cbs-on-2014-thursday-night-football-package/
RIP NBC Comedies

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ight-at-charity-event?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

Houston Texans chief operating officer Cal McNair and potential No. 1 overall draft pick Johnny Manziel exchanged a high-five Tuesday night, and McNair didn't even have to travel to Manziel's San Diego training site to do it.

Manziel flew to Houston for a Valentine's Day-themed fashion show fundraiser for 6-year-old Texas A&M fan and cancer patient Charlie Dina, according to Culture Map Houston, which also reported that Texans general manager Rick Smith was in attendance, as well. Manziel and Dina walked the runway, and Manziel signed some autographs afterward.

"I was here for Charlie," Manziel said. "I've been in training for the last month in San Deigo and I flew in just for Charlie."

Manziel has been supporting Dina's cancer fight, which included a bone marrow transplant, since 2012.

McNair is the son of Texans owner Bob McNair. It remains to be seen whether the Texans will make Manziel the No. 1 overall pick of the NFL draft, as coach Bill O'Brien reportedly has some concerns about Manziel's work ethic and how he would handle the responsibility of being the face of the franchise.

On Tuesday night, however, in doing something special for a pediatric cancer patient, Manziel certainly left the right impression on two of the franchise's most important figures.

Awwwww JFF has a heart!

I love that the CBS crew will do all the Thursday games. I like Mayock but the rest of the crew was meh at best. Have Mayock break stuff down pre/post and at the half sounds good to me.

Parks had a good run

Community had a good run

MechDX

I love that the CBS crew will do all the Thursday games. I like Mayock but the rest of the crew was meh at best. Have Mayock break stuff down pre/post and at the half sounds good to me.

Sucks though its only for the first 8 games, second batch is on NFLN. I have DISH basic and it doesn't include NFLN

Sucks though its only for the first 8 games, second batch is on NFLN. I have DISH basic and it doesn't include NFLN

No the CBS crew will do all 16 games, even the ones on NFLN:

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SO HAPPY Mayock isn't doing these games.

MechDX

No the CBS crew will do all 16 games, even the ones on NFLN:

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers.

My bad simulcast on both CBS and NFLN is only the first 8 games

Saturday games? Saturday games!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/826af67e42c93bd524a1f16d81828057/tumblr_inline_n08rm8OEuF1r3zat8.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love Saturday games! :D Great news for CBS, but if Thursday games are still junk and the players still hate it, what's the point besides me keeping boredom at bay?

[b]Xia[/b], if you still need my bio:

Conrad was a lonely boy, an orphan living on the streets after his reporter parents were mysteriously killed while investigating a tip that a prominent Northeastern pro QB was in fact a post-op transsexual. Conrad fought long and hard to stay alive on the mean streets all the way into young adulthood, but one day his luck ran out. While using a bathroom in a bar, he heard moans in the stall next to his, the moans that only can be recognized as a fattie in distress. He kicked open the stall door to see a burly low-IQ numbskull forcing himself on the fattie, who tried shooing him away with claims of her "wanting it." Conrad picked up a broken beer bottle and jammed it into the numbskull's neck, saving the damsel. Unfortunately, the numbskull's employer held much clout with the rule makers of the day, and after paying off the damsel with free Taco Bell for life, he ordered Conrad's arrest and prosecution for murder in the first.

Conrad's only objective now is to escape and met out justice to those who have wronged him all his life, from those who put him away to the bitch that killed his parents. He will have his justice.

bionic77

lol

Pretty much what I've had to argue outside this thread. It's sad.
It must be so hard for Hawk fans to be champs.

Netflix has fistful of dollars and the good the bad and the ugly. All you bums need to watch it ASAP. Hopefully they get a few dollars more too. Also watch once upon a time in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom