• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

mortalkombat.jpg
:jnc

His icon is what got me

cajunator

Banned
Looked like a nice, clean hit on the Quarterback after he just releases the ball. Watt would've done the same.

I agree in this case. At game speed its difficult for a big dude rushing like that to just pull up.
It was very close to a penalty though. Ive seen much dirtier hits by Suh than that, like when he tried to rip my boy Jake Delhomme's head off.

Furyous

Who's the scrappy white guy on Seattle's defense

LOL he got dat bamma gene! He's out there trying hard. Honestly, Seattle's whole team screams scrappy. Whole team is mad that they were overlooked and they should be. I expect Russell's performance to drop before midway through the season. All this game tells us is Seattle's scouting department is better than Chicago's scouting department.

Put in TP coach Carroll and let him run the offense.

Raiders got pretty banged up tonight.

-OLB Sio Moore Neck and concussion (X-rays were negative thankfully)
-RB Kory Sheets ACL
-OL Menelik Watson Hip Flexor
-MLB Nick Roach head injury
-CB Tarell Brown head injury

cajunator

Banned
I just tried Swamp Pop.
I dont drink soda really, but this is a soda made here in Lafayette and they have several flavors that really pay homage to this area and the fruits/vegetables/flavors Im familiar with.
I tried Jean Lafitte ginger ale. It is a sugar cane soda and it has a very distinct taste of cucumber mixed in there with a nice bite to the drink. Its delicious.

forms

I am in Sweden and I just purchased Game Pass, having never watched american football before. I ran the trial, don't even know why, and it just grabbed me.

I don't even like sports. What is this wizardry?

forms

football is magic.

That seems to be the case. This great game of tactics, this violent version of chess, seems awesome. I actually sat and tried to come to terms with the rules as well. A bit confusing at first. :D

I suppose I will have to try Madden for the first time since the 90s as well, since there are no alternatives.

cajunator

Banned
That seems to be the case. This great game of tactics, this violent version of chess, seems awesome. I actually sat and tried to come to terms with the rules as well. A bit confusing at first. :D

I suppose I will have to try Madden for the first time since the 90s as well, since there are no alternatives.

It can be viewed very simply as a series of plays, but you can dissect each play and how players are positioned to block, run routes, cross the formation, all sorts of neat things. It really is a game of violent chess. thats a good way to describe it.

Farooq

Banned
No. Schofield played great and he missed what should have been an easy sack.

That is why I asked, I know he was in competition with Schofield. With Demarcus Lawrence and Anthony Spencer out for at least the first quarter of the season, the depth Dallas has at right end is pitiful. Both Schofield and Mayawa are players that come up as potential waiver wire targets.

Striker

No. Schofield played great and he missed what should have been an easy sack.
Stinks he couldn't pass a physical for the Giants. He's that hybrid OLB/DE they have tried for years with Mathias Kiwanuka. Kiwi is a more natural end, though, and not as fast. Schofield also has solid ST talent.

They signed Jameel McClain after, and I'm just not impressed. But rookie out of USC, Devon Kennard, looks to be finally a good choice in the mid-rounds by Jerry Reese. I'm hopeful he can be the permanent fixture in at LB with Beason and Williams sooner rather than later.

Bob McGinn writing another glowing post game article. Sometimes he confuses me. They looked good at times don't get me wrong but did you happen to miss Rodgers running for his life half of the game? The defense looked good at times but they were playing Schoob and still managed to look silly at times.

Thank God for Lacy , our savior and trendsetter in headware fashion.

Crisco

Banned
The Panthers just have zero depth and it showed last night. The starters did ok but the 2nd and 3rd string were just out classed. This is again a "fuck Hurney" situation. When you're forced to fill starters roles with UDFAs and bargin bin scraps, imagine how bad the backups are.

Top Bottom