• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

eznark

Banned
If they called it the 3DS2 would you still be weepy?

I just don't get why they don't focus all energy on a better handheld. I love my 3DS and will upgrade, but it seems counterproductive for the market, I guess.

It's a lot cheaper to incrementally improve your product, a la gpu's and phones. That way the market subsidizes r&d. If Nintendo is going to a tic-tock model that's pretty rad. It'll mean more rapid hardware releases, a more nimble product offering and a more stable cash flow cycle (which in turn fuels aggressive innovation).

So are you guys excited about the Xbox One.1? It's going to have a processor that is 2% faster than the current Xbox One and will play entirely new games! I can't wait!

jakncoke

Banned
Thought about jumping into the "Men make more music because of sexism" thread, but don't want to get banned before the season starts!

Yeah you want to be here in week 6 when he goes his first career start and throwns to Allen Robinson 6 times, resulting if a 6 reception - 129 yard day and 3 tds

eznark

Banned
I guess I should've specified a good game.

Would buy for Halo Wars HD

I challenge you to a boxing match to settle this once and for all.

Midget20bodybuilder35JsL.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If they called it the 3DS2 would you still be weepy?

It's a lot cheaper to incrementally improve your product, a la gpu's and phones. That way the market subsidizes r&d. If Nintendo is going to a tic-tock model that's pretty rad. It'll mean more rapid hardware releases, a more nimble product offering and a more stable cash flow cycle (which in turn fuels aggressive innovation).

I'm a sucker for Nintendo products (as evidenced by me just preordering $77 worth of Amiibo) and will always upgrade, but will it work with Nintendo's market? PC's and apple products have other functions. Nintendo would be constantly upgrading a dedicated handheld. I hope the market is there, I just don't see it.

eznark

Banned
I'm a sucker for Nintendo products (as evidenced by me just preordering $77 worth of Amiibo) and will always upgrade, but will it work with Nintendo's market? PC's and apple products have other functions. Nintendo would be constantly upgrading a dedicated handheld. I hope the market is there, I just don't see it.

Problem is the dedicated handheld market isn't going to be there with the every-5-year model either. Not sure there is any way to save it, but focusing on the niche/early adopter/high margin buyer is generally a sound strategy.

bionic77

Gaming (traditional) has peaked dude.

We are in the decline of the console era.

Nintendo should just latch on to the niche and find a way to make it profitable.

jakncoke

Banned
most little kids your age dont. Thats kind of Nintendos problem. they lost the teen market.

They lost all kinds of markets because they dont care if they get madden, call of doody, gta..ect and unlike what gaming side thinks. A shit ton of people in the general public buy consoles because of games like this, not because some exclusive game or overall who has more exclusive games. Not sure why gaming side has such a hard time grasping at that fact.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Gaming (traditional) has peaked dude.

We are in the decline of the console era.

Nintendo should just latch on to the niche and find a way to make it profitable.

I agree 100%. I think Amiibo are going to make them a boatload of cash.

jakncoke

Banned
What kind of person has a problem with volunteer firefighters? Did they accidentally practice burn the broken down car you were living in?

I was stating your volunteers happen to be klan members as well and you go to their friday fish frys. But, on the topic of volunteer. I wish my town did move that direction but thats not happening. The union or something has the city and its budget strong armed. City took out mega loans recently. Gave them 500k fire truck 3 years ago, Some reason we still have 2 fire stations and 1 just 300k approved on improvements. And last but not least our city budget is like 51% consumed by the fire department.

Just saw the New 3DS news. I think the smaller version looks fantastic. Love the SNES colored buttons. I may be down with a purchase. Got rid of my XL cause I didn't like the screen and have stuck with my OG 3DS. Good time to upgrade.

EDIT: Bah, not coming to the states this year? BOOO!

eznark

Banned
I was stating your volunteers happen to be klan members as well and you go to their friday fish frys. But, on the topic of volunteer. I wish my town did move that direction but thats not happening. The union or something has the city and its budget strong armed. City took out mega loans recently. Gave them 500k fire truck 3 years ago, Some reason we still have 2 fire stations and 1 just 300k approved on improvements. And last but not least our city budget is like 51% consumed by the fire department.

"Professional" fire departments are a fucking joke for all but the largest of cities.

jakncoke

Banned
"Professional" fire departments are a fucking joke for all but the largest of cities.

Our fire department has to cover like 4 sq miles and 9k people, yet the townships can cover like 50 sq miles with their volunteer sections. Stupid people of the town like paying super high taxes over the township I guess.

Wrayfield

Gonna pick up Madden PS4 tonight - first Madden I've played since Madden 10 I think? Probably gonna suck at it.

Is it out today? I might just download it from the store and go to the Czech pub while the download goes on. Then drunk-start a Dolphins franchise and still do better than Ross.

eznark

Banned
Our fire department has to cover like 4 sq miles and 9k people, yet the townships can cover like 50 sq miles with their volunteer sections. Stupid people of the town like paying super high taxes over the township I guess.

I've worked with counties that transition. It's fucking ugly. Posters with pictures of burned up babies, fist fights in Council ugly.

It was a blast.

cajunator

Banned

What city is this? Sounds kinda backwards.

gutshot

People care way the fuck too much about the backup qb

Because...

13 - The number of teams that finished last season with two different quarterbacks having started at least three games apiece. That's nearly 41 percent of the league.

It's become trendy for analysts to label QBs as injury-prone, but the truth is it's just difficult to find a guy who can last all 16 games without going down. That's why many coaches seem as obsessed as ever with finding backup options who can keep their teams afloat.

Of the 13 teams cited, only two made the postseason: the Packers and Eagles.

Source: http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...-kaepernick-jj-watt-texans-geno-smith#!bMgH5g

bionic77

I've worked with counties that transition. It's fucking ugly. Posters with pictures of burned up babies, fist fights in Council ugly.

It was a blast.
I remember a case where the local fire department was setting fires so they could later put them out.

The reason for the arson? They were bored and wanted something to do.

In general though most firefighters are the best. I had a client who broke his back after going back into a fire to save someone.

jakncoke

Banned
What city is this? Sounds kinda backwards.

Home of the Zippo, did I mention they built up a system that the budget is dependant on good timber sales on city owned land to not go into deficit haha

It was a blast.

Sounds like a time to get some jack n coke and popcorn and live blog it on twitter for the lulz

Tom Penny

How many of those teams would've made it if they only played one QB?

Not a single one as far as I can tell. The Bears would be the only argument but that only works if you don't look at how well McCown performed.

Pats already ahead of the curve with 3 starting caliber QB's in case of injuries. They are very important.

cajunator

Banned
Home of the Zippo, did I mention they built up a system that the budget is dependant on good timber sales on city owned land to not go into deficit haha

Sounds like a time to get some jack n coke and popcorn and live blog it on twitter for the lulz

Bradford? It looks like its losing population. Is there a growing city nearby pulling people away from it?

Top Bottom