• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

gutshot

How many of those teams would've made it if they only played one QB?

Not a single one as far as I can tell. The Bears would be the only argument but that only works if you don't look at how well McCown performed.

The Eagles definitely would not have made the playoffs if they hadn't had Foles as backup though.

gutshot

I dunno. The NFC East is pretttttttty dogshit.

Did you see Barkley attempt to play QB last year?

Speaking of making the playoffs in a weak division, if it wasn't for the Packers' division foes completely imploding down the stretch, you guys would have wished for a better backup QB than Tolzien.

A good backup QB isn't going to save a bad team, but a bad one could definitely sink a good team.

brentech

A good backup QB isn't going to save a bad team, but a bad one could definitely sink a good team.

Had more to do with our defense giving up after Rodgers went down than it did who was playing QB. Was like they stopped playing until they realized they had a chance to make it. (maybe they really were just that bad all along, but it seemed the first 4 games the Packers D was much better)

The TDs Foles threw deep against us were some of the worst safety play I've ever seen; and shittiest deep balls ever that should have been picked off by about anyone other than Morgan Burnett.

jakncoke

Banned

Tamanon

Banned
Why does Peter King make so much money seemingly knowing nothing about football and telling wack anecdotes?

Peter King provides a valuable service to old white guys who want to hear another old white guy with a better job tell them about his day.

Also, to younger white guys who want to read mocking of him after every column.

Dragon

Banned
Peter King provides a valuable service to old white guys who want to hear another old white guy with a better job tell them about his day.

Also, to younger white guys who want to read mocking of him after every column.

...Do you have an issue with white men?

brentech

It's a little smaller than I like, but file size was bloating and i didn't even get to add coaches film for the ultimate humiliation.
Morgan Burnett is playing the deep man in what looks to be a cover 1 defense.
He immediately back pedals and does go back, but is beat by both receivers on both sides of the field. He simply isn't athletic enough to make up for his mental mistakes.
Williams did get beat on the play as well...so that doesn't help. But...seriously, come the fuck on. Burnett so far behind he's just getting to the play as it's happening.

iLC0PzoOOj6Z.gif

Check Foles reaction at the end. he doesn't even know what just went down.

Dragon

Banned
That 3DS news is fucking asinine. Naming something the same even though some games can't be played across all 3DS? Might as well call it Nintendo.

gutshot

Not very often does a team in the playoff hunt need a competent backup quarterback in the first place.

Really? Because I count four from last season alone. I also remember notable backup performances such as Matt Cassel saving the Patriots season one year and Jeff Garcia leading the Eagles on a playoff run.

Konka

Banned
That 3DS news is fucking asinine. Naming something the same even though some games can't be played across all 3DS? Might as well call it Nintendo.

Yeah it's almost like when apple or lenvovo don't give macbooks and think pads new names all the time for incremental updates. How dare they!

Dragon

Banned
Yeah it's almost like when apple or lenvovo don't give macbooks and think pads new names all the time for incremental updates. How dare they!

What a fucking awful counterpoint. You just referenced laptop computers as justification, devices that can use programs both ways, as a way to counter my point about how new 3DS games won't be able to be played on old 3DS devices. Really well done.

Seriously, you don't think parents are going to buy new 3DS only games for their old 3DS and then complain about it?

I actually didn't see the game, did Carr have a mostly clean pocket the whole game? Because most of our D line starters didn't even play so I'm curious if we were even able to generate any pressure

I just watched the highlights, but it looks like he had a pretty quick release so idk how the starting D-Line woulda done.

bionic77

That got an eh for me. People who like Nintendo handhelds usually end up having several in their house. And most games are going to support the OG model.

I noticed something else that bothered me though on gaming side.

GAF is pretty consistent in shitty on Skyward Sword for its "shitty controls". For me however I thought the controls were revolutionary and for those who had problems with them I am fairly confident they just sucked at the game. To me that game was like street fighter and a noob blaming the controls for their inability to execute a move. I never had a single issue with the controls (which are far superior to regular buttons and incredibly fresh). Not that I thought the game was perfect but the close mindedness and stupidity of gamers is pretty amazing. Or maybe I am unusual that in addition to the few genres I am still interested in I am also interested in new and novel styles of gameplay, controls and interfaces.

brentech

What a fucking awful counterpoint. You just referenced laptop computers as justification, devices that can use programs both ways, as a way to counter my point about how new 3DS games won't be able to be played on old 3DS devices. Really well done.

Seriously, you don't think parents are going to buy new 3DS only games for their old 3DS and then complain about it?

It's Konka.

eznark

Banned
Really? Because I count four from last season alone. I also remember notable backup performances such as Matt Cassel saving the Patriots season one year and Jeff Garcia leading the Eagles on a playoff run.

Which four?

And citing two backups that made playoff runs when hundreds of teams have made the playoffs over the last 40 years hardly seems like proof of anything.

Top Bottom