• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Konka

Banned
What a fucking awful counterpoint. You just referenced laptop computers as justification, devices that can use programs both ways, as a way to counter my point about how new 3DS games won't be able to be played on old 3DS devices. Really well done.

Seriously, you don't think parents are going to buy new 3DS only games for their old 3DS and then complain about it?

I can't conceive a world where my parents buy a 3DS. It's such a silly thing to actually get outraged about. There are lots of macbook pros that cannot run newer software or versions of osx

bionic77

I just released I don't really care about gaming anymore, I'm selling a ton of my shit tomorrow.
I will buy your WiiU and all of your games and controllers for $150.

If you have a Sega Saturn I will similarly pay money for it.

I am also interested in picking up a vita on the cheap.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 54s
Rivera said last night Philly Brown is the team's Week 1 returner. So he's safely on the final roster, in case there was any doubt

O-H!

Sorry if I drove you over the cliff about it, I get way too self-righteous, but gaming is important to me dammit!

lol no it wasn't you,

I will buy your WiiU and all of your games and controllers for $150.

If you have a Sega Saturn I will similarly pay money for it.

I am also interested in picking up a vita on the cheap.

I don't have a WiiU but I do have a Saturn....I'm keeping my Vita and PS3 though.

Dragon

Banned
I can't conceive a world where my parents buy a 3DS. It's such a silly thing to actually get outraged about. There are lots of macbook pros that cannot run newer software or versions of osx

Don't be obtuse, I meant parents buying games for their children.

Define lots. My 10 year old iMac could run everything up to Mavericks. And again, Apple isn't exactly the best model for this shit, they're confusing as hell as well. Saying Apple does it, is literally just saying another company is dumb. I'm sure eventually Apple won't even number their OS releases for the public, that'll be dumb too.

I'll be getting one!

How to irritate me in four words.......!!

I just released I don't really care about gaming anymore, I'm selling a ton of my shit tomorrow.

laNPh7e.gif

gutshot

Which four?

And citing two backups that made playoff runs when hundreds of teams have made the playoffs over the last 40 years hardly seems like proof of anything.

Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Eagles. All of them relied on backup QBs in their playoff races.

As for Garcia and Cassel, those are just some notable examples I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

I agree with you that people probably worry a little too much about the backup QB, but I don't agree that a backup QB is irrelevant. It's the most important bench player on a team with playoff aspirations.

Konka

Banned
Don't be obtuse, I meant parents buying games for their children.

Define lots. My 10 year old iMac could run everything up to Mavericks. And again, Apple isn't exactly the best model for this shit, they're confusing as hell as well. Saying Apple does it, is literally just saying another company is dumb. I'm sure eventually Apple won't even number their OS releases for the public, that'll be dumb too.

How to irritate me in four words.......!!

I'm on a phone so I'll look it up later but I believe most early macbooks were cut off at lion and apple is a perfect example because it shows how much of a non issue it really is.

Dragon

Banned
You buy a lot of things for your kids, do you Senior Expert on Parents?

Me not being a parent has nothing to do with this. I don't need to be a parent to know parents will be buying 3DS games for their children. That's just an absurd implication. If I ever do become a parent, at least I won't be a racist bigot like yourself and pass that down to my children.

So step off, you want to troll, you're going to be met with fucking Conan!

Dragon

Banned
Just had an altercation with a patient. It ended up like this:

james-harrison-drew-breesapjpg-199dc6653bbc5d61.jpg

Did you get fined for being a Steelers player and hitting the QB?

I'm on a phone so I'll look it up later but I believe most early macbooks were cut off at lion and apple is a perfect example because it shows how much of a non issue it really is.

You're confusing the point. I have never accepted the premise that the two situations are remotely the same. You proving that Apple are morons about this isn't going to change this situation with Nintendo. Macbooks are a couple thousand dollar machines. The idea that these situations are comparable is some seriously out there shittttt.

bionic77

Just had an altercation with a patient. It ended up like this:

james-harrison-drew-breesapjpg-199dc6653bbc5d61.jpg
Better than you shooting him/her.

You may need to get in another industry. You seem to be too violent to work in a hospital.

Gata is a thug. He can probably hook you up with a job that better utilizes your talents. If that doesn't work out you can always be a cop.

eznark

Banned
Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Eagles. All of them relied on backup QBs in their playoff races.

As for Garcia and Cassel, those are just some notable examples I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

I agree with you that people probably worry a little too much about the backup QB, but I don't agree that a backup QB is irrelevant. It's the most important bench player on a team with playoff aspirations.

Orton played in one game and lost. Pretty sure I could do that, and Foles as the starter in waiting. Personally I don't count those as relevant reasons to invest in a backup QB. When I say a backup is irrelevant I don't mean a guy like Bridgewater or Foles who are just waiting for their shot, I mean caring about whether it is Tolzien or Flynn backing up your super star. The Packers only made the playoffs because Matt Stafford sucks more shit than FMT and the Bears secondary was somehow worse than GB's.

As for the most important bench player?! L-o-fucking-L. Pretty much every single other player on the team you want to play really well and they will get a handful of snaps each game, outside of a linemen or two. However linemen miss playing time at a rate significantly higher than starting quarterbacks, so even that rarely used offensive linemen is more important than your backup quarterback...who ideally will never, ever, ever see the field.

What are you selling?

Do you have PDO for Saturn?

Not sure there is anything else I really want. Do you have any cool GBA games?

I would have to look, most of my stuff is boxed up. I think I have PD 1 and 2, I'll have to check I don't remember. For consoles I have the original NES, SNES(non working), GC, Saturn, PSone, PS2, GB color, GBA and PSP, never had a N64, Wii, WiiU, XboxOG or 360 and I'm keeping my PS3. I can send you a list of what I have and if you want any of I'd be happy to set it aside otherwise I'm going to this local game store and just getting rid of it.

eznark

Banned
Me not being a parent has nothing to do with this. I don't need to be a parent to know parents will be buying 3DS games for their children. That's just an absurd implication. If I ever do become a parent, at least I won't be a racist bigot like yourself and pass that down to my children.

So step off, you want to troll, you're going to be met with fucking Conan!

I have no idea what this means.

As for my comment, my point is I'll buy my kid whatever stupid fucking toy they ask for and do as little research on it as possible if it is obviously no safety risk. You know what kids won't be asking for? a New 3Ds. You know what kids aren't asking for now? A 3ds. They are asking for screens, not gaming machines, so if Nintendo's only option for survival is selling to parents they are already fucked.

I would have to look, most of my stuff is boxed up. I think I have PD 1 and 2, I'll have to check I don't remember. For consoles I have the original NES, SNES(non working), GC, Saturn, PSone, PS2, GB color, GBA and PSP, never had a N64, Wii, WiiU, XboxOG or 360 and I'm keeping my PS3. I can send you a list of what I have and if you want any of I'd be happy to set it aside otherwise I'm going to this local game store and just getting rid of it.
I would also be interested in having a look (especially at the GBA games). After bionic, of course. :)

eznark

Banned
Dimovsky's projected Packers roster.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=green-bay-packers&id=12362&src=desktop

No way they don't keep CB Rolle. High upside.

Would be very surprised if they cut Quarless.

Tolzien has shown too much promise to cut loose at this point.
That's probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. He is 26. By the time his "promise" would be valuable to Green Bay he'd be in his 30's and on his third contract with the team.

Sure. Ok.

BigAT

More suspensions:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Vikings WR Jerome Simpson is being suspended 3 games, per a league source.

bionic77

Of course, I'll send you a list too!
post it here.

you will get way more money from us than the local gaming store.

In fact if you are going to sell it there you may as well keep it.

They won't give you shit for it and you would stand to make a lot more if you sold it individually on eBay.

That got an eh for me. People who like Nintendo handhelds usually end up having several in their house. And most games are going to support the OG model.

I noticed something else that bothered me though on gaming side.

GAF is pretty consistent in shitty on Skyward Sword for its "shitty controls". For me however I thought the controls were revolutionary and for those who had problems with them I am fairly confident they just sucked at the game. To me that game was like street fighter and a noob blaming the controls for their inability to execute a move. I never had a single issue with the controls (which are far superior to regular buttons and incredibly fresh). Not that I thought the game was perfect but the close mindedness and stupidity of gamers is pretty amazing. Or maybe I am unusual that in addition to the few genres I am still interested in I am also interested in new and novel styles of gameplay, controls and interfaces.

Welcome fellow kinect lover!

Top Bottom