• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Vic Tafur says there's a 100% chance that Derek Carr starts week 1 for the Raiders. Matt McGloin has also looked good this preseason. So why again did Reggie McKenzie trade a 6th round pick for Matt Schaub and guarantee him $8 million?

Couldn't go into the season with just McGloin. A 6th round pick is nothing, and Schaub despite having a terrible year was still the best option available, who was willing to play for the Raiders.

He allowed them to be patient and let Carr fall to them at the top of the 2nd. And he's done the mentor vet thing pretty damn well for a very young QB room.

Who cares about the money, Raiders still need to spend. And I don't think they'll be cutting Schaub like they did HoFlynn, who was a dick.

I came in the middle of it but Sanchez also had a good enough defense to keep the offense fresh. Guy is a dumpster filled with with hot garbage and baby poop.

So, I learned something today.

Anybody knows what a Kennebunkport Surprise is?

"Secretly, sneakily, the male fills his mouth to near bursting with New England Clam Chowder. Then, whilst performing cunnilingus on a woman, he simultaneously punches both of his cheeks, thus blowing the clam chowder up the woman's vagina."

jakncoke

Banned
Raiders fans should make a jersey like the Browns for their qb since Rich Gannon.

Kerry Collins 7-21
Marques Tuiasosopo 0-2
Andrew Walter 2-7
Aaron Brooks 0-8
Josh McCown 2-7
Daunte Culpepper 2-4
Jamarcus Russell 7-18
Bruce Gradkowski 3-5
Charlie Frye 1-2
Jason Campbell 11-7
Carson Palmer 8-16
Kyle Boller 0-1
Terrelle Pryor 3-7
Matt McGloin 1-5
Matt Flynn 0-1

eznark

Banned
I came in the middle of it but Sanchez also had a good enough defense to keep the offense fresh. Guy is a dumpster filled with with hot garbage and baby poop.

Schaub's one bad year was essentially a significantly better version of Sanchize's career averages.

"Secretly, sneakily, the male fills his mouth to near bursting with New England Clam Chowder. Then, whilst performing cunnilingus on a woman, he simultaneously punches both of his cheeks, thus blowing the clam chowder up the woman's vagina."
The fuck

Dragon

Banned
Raiders fans should make a jersey like the Browns for their qb since Rich Gannon.

Kerry Collins 7-21
Marques Tuiasosopo 0-2
Andrew Walter 2-7
Aaron Brooks 0-8
Josh McCown 2-7
Daunte Culpepper 2-4
Jamarcus Russell 7-18
Bruce Gradkowski 3-5
Charlie Frye 1-2
Jason Campbell 11-7
Carson Palmer 8-16
Kyle Boller 0-1
Terrelle Pryor 3-7
Matt McGloin 1-5
Matt Flynn 0-1

Jason Campbell, not that bad...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He went to 2 afc championships, how many did Derek Anderson start?

Edit: Dutch trying to take us to late night nfl-gaf even though its 1:19 pm!

Jak I'm getting tired of your shit.

I will not sit here and let you besmirch the good name of Derek Anderson.

You have been put on time out.

Colasante

If you think Terrelle Pryor is better than Matt Schaub then I could see how you could convince yourself Sanchez is good.

Maybe Cola is grading on looks?

I just don't see what Schaub offers over any other QB in the league, honestly. He has a terrible arm, makes horrible decisions, no longer has the decent mobility he once did, has no confidence after last season, and by all accounts does not provide any of those ballyhooed leadership intangibles. If I was running an NFL team like Reggie McKenzie is, I would not want Schaub on the team, bar none, and I certainly wouldn't want to trade even a 6th round pick for him, and I especially would not guarantee him $8 million. If you would do that in his position, so be it. Considering the fact that Schaub's arm couldn't even last til the opening game and he was vastly outplayed by a walk-on UDFA from Penn State, I think I'd be in the right.

eznark

Banned
I just don't see what Schaub offers over any other QB in the league, honestly. He has a terrible arm, makes horrible decisions, no longer has the decent mobility he once did, has no confidence after last season, and by all accounts does not provide any of those ballyhooed leadership intangibles. If I was running an NFL team like Reggie McKenzie is, I would not want Schaub on the team, bar none, and I certainly wouldn't want to trade even a 6th round pick for him, and I especially would not guarantee him $8 million. If you would do that in his position, so be it. Considering the fact that Schaub's arm couldn't even last til the opening game and he was vastly outplayed by a walk-on UDFA from Penn State, I think I'd be in the right.

Meh, cost him nothing to try and if the arm would hold up and now he has a guy with 90 NFL starts to help coach up McGloin and Carr.

His entire QB roster is making what, $8.75 million? Probably bottom 25% in the league. Raw dollar numbers are probably the most meaningless thing in the NFL. Every team can afford any individual player as long as they have cap space.

Terrible decision making....literally every QB you listed as better than him has worse interception rates. All of em.

gutshot

When did Sanchez become a "good" qb?

When:

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

JCizzle

That's where the Bush's vacation, wouldn't surprise me if W invented this when he was coked up one summer.

Dutch, pls

He went to 2 afc championships, how many did Derek Anderson start?

Edit: Dutch trying to take us to late night nfl-gaf even though its 1:19 pm!

I have another one for you guys!

The Landshark

The woman braces herself facing a wall, naked, hands against the wall, legs spread, bent over so that her ass is lusciously jutting out. (hint: She might want to wear a biking helmet and some rollerblading wrist guards to avoid serious injury.) Next, the guy also naked as well as stiff cocked, walks to the opposite end of the room, places his palms together and raises them above his head, (thus imitating the dorsal fin of a shark) and begins chanting the theme to Jaws. When given some predetermined signal, the guy sprints toward the girl at full speed with his pelvis-out, fin protruding, and rams her dead square in the ass."

Urban Dictionary is fantastic.

And people are sick perverted creatures.

Jesus Christ guys, in 2012 Schaub was 22/12 while completing 64% of his passes. Even last year he was completing over 61%.

If you want to tell me that Sanchez is a better quarterback than Matt Schaub please lead with that so I can know that you aren't a serious human.

In his last year of action Sanchez was significantly worse than Schaub's bad year last year. It's an idiotic claim.

Surely it was before Schaub lost his confidence.

gutshot

Because he was terrible last year and looks just as bad this year. Kinne absolutely looked better yesterday, and I guess I mistakenly thought that they would keep the better guy.

Oh sorry. I forgot that you are able to tell who is better after watching one meaningless preseason game over the coaches who are with these guys 24/7 and evaluating them constantly.

Oh sorry. I forgot that you are able to tell who is better after watching one meaningless preseason game more than the coaches who are with these guys 24/7 and evaluating them constantly.

Oh yeah the coaches are infallible and we can never question any move they make. Its not like Barkley's bum ass cost us 2 games last year or anything.

Top Bottom