• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Afrikan

if Roger would've suspended Aldon last year, then maybe Russell Wilson would've never had that hail mary four leaf clover up his ass play on 4th and Goal...and we would've been in the SuperBowl. :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuck players? The only ones doing that are themselves. It's pretty easy to avoid beating a woman.

I'm not defending them, I'm saying, with now NFL players think they are (Untouchable), it will take a few lifetime bans of players to get it inside their heads on what the new scope of the NFL is, that's all

rando14

if Roger would've suspended Aldon last year, then maybe Russell Wilson would've never had that hail mary four leaf clover up his ass play on 4th and Goal...and we would've been in the SuperBowl. :/

And if Kaep hadn't thrown that interception to Smith... and if he hadn't turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter... and maybe if Marshawn hadn't broken out that huge run... and maybe...

Tamanon

Banned

And if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bust it butt on the ground trying to fly!

My dad was really Southern and used that a lot

And if Kaep hadn't thrown that interception to Smith... and if he hadn't turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter... and maybe if Marshawn hadn't broken out that huge run... and maybe...

Maybe if the seachickens weren't given 53 second play clocks and maybe if the refs didn't try to fuck the niners at every opportunity the turnovers would've been moot.

But as it is the NFL needed an excuse to employ harsher penalties against defenses. The only way to do that was to let a known cheater team win the Super Bowl. Goddell always wins :(

Afrikan

do you not remember the score and momentum going into that?

that 4th and long play was the turning point.... I blame our coaches for not dotting their I's and crossing their t's. Should've threaten all the lineman who ever jumps offsides is going to get sent home (instead of the whole fucking team God Dammit)

Pete and Russ were ready for that shit...planned that shit...adjusted for that shit...and executed that shit.

@Edwerderespn
Source says Aldon Smith 9-game suspension broke down this way: 4 games substance-abuse violation, 5 games personal-conduct violations

rando14

Maybe if the seachickens weren't given 53 second play clocks and maybe if the refs didn't try to fuck the niners at every opportunity the turnovers would've been moot.

But as it is the NFL needed an excuse to employ harsher penalties against defenses. The only way to do that was to let a known cheater team win the Super Bowl. Goddell always wins :(

We're both fucked this upcoming year man, Goodwell doing everything he can to make sure Peyton gets that 2nd ring before he rides off into the sunset!! :(

do you not remember the score and momentum going into that?

that 4th and long play was the turning point.... I blame our coaches for not dotting their I's and crossing their t's. Should've threaten all the lineman who ever jumps offsides is going to get sent home (instead of the whole fucking team God Dammit)

Pete and Russ were ready for that shit...planned that shit...adjusted for that shit...and executed that shit.

So what you're saying is that you got outplayed AND outcoached!! :cool:

I'm just having fun with ya man :p

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eli Manning is an American hero.

For a guy that has bounced Green Bay out of the playoffs however many times, I have zero animosity for him.

Afrikan

So what you're saying is that you got outplayed AND outcoached!! :cool:

I'm just having fun with ya man :p

Pete has been out coaching Jim for a while now.

outplayed? noooope. :p

easy to out coach our OC...just run blitz us...if we are passing it, we're passing from bunch formations anyway....and you'll cause disruption either way.

TSN football analyst Chris Schultz made his Superbowl pick:

Super Bowl XLIX in Phoenix: The AFC (Denver) had the home jerseys last year so it is New England at Green Bay. Rodgers and Brady … Belichick and McCarthy. The Patriots try to slow the game down and Green Bay speeds it up. In the fourth quarter it is tied and the Packers have last possession. With two minutes to go it is Aaron Rodgers that tries to hit the one pass that has the tightest window and instead of finding John Khun on a simple check down it is Jamie Collins at linebacker that picks off the pass as the New England Patriots beat the Green Bay Packers 27-24 at University of Phoenix Stadium.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/chris_schultz/?id=460569

I'd be happy with that.

QCr4mca.jpg

iu

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watching NFL Live on ESPN2

2013 Pre-Season to 2014 Pre-Season: (Comparison)
Flags Thrown

Illegal Contact Penalties, Up 450%
Defensive Holding, Up 353%
Illegal Use of the Hands, Up 343%

JESUS!
NFL Games to last 5 hours Confirmed!, Advertisers rejoice!

Afrikan

So STL doesn't have to deal with him at all this year, AZ once, and SEA twice. Seems about right.

Rams will be more of a running team....and no read option shit (like facing the Seahawks).

I'm more worried about games against Dallas, with Romo's slippery ass....he always seems to step up when he faces us. Eagles game, even though we are at home. At Denver, getting to Manning quickly is going to be key....and at the Saints, again...getting to Brees quickly.

not saying the other games will be easy, like say the Chiefs game...but in those games, I think it will be more about stopping their run game.

Afrikan

Wonder if he and Gordon would have gotten less if their suspensions were announced before Ray Rice.

Gordon... I think it was believed he was going to get the season before hand... (even though I believe it's BS for shit like that regarding Weed)

Aldon would've DEFINITELY got lesser games. As soon as I saw the backlash from the Ray Rice decision... I knew we were fucked. :/

HawkeyeIC

what's the point of kissing the NFL ass and suspending your own players before the NFL anymore???? He missed 5 games last year for that shit.

fuck that...all the teams should say F'u Roger....yall do the suspending. Pass all the media and BS to Roger and company.

For sure the last time any team does anything. Sad too.

ShaneB

TSN football analyst Chris Schultz made his Superbowl pick:
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/chris_schultz/?id=460569

I'd be happy with that.

NFL.com's picks

SUPER BOWL XLIX

Judy Battista: Broncos over Packers: Peyton Manning finally gets his second ring because he is playing with the most complete team of his career.

Brian Billick: Patriots over Seahawks. Bill Belichick validates his coaching legacy with his fourth Super Bowl championship and his first since the 2007 "Spygate" scandal that left some fans questioning his brilliance.

Gil Brandt: Saints over Patriots. With major support from Jimmy Graham and Brandin Cooks, Drew Brees outduels Tom Brady in a quarterback showdown for the ages, taking home the second Super Bowl MVP award of his career.

Bucky Brooks: Saints over Broncos. It's uncommon for the title game to go into an extra period, but Drew Brees finds a way to get it done against the "Orange Crush" in overtime to give New Orleans a second Lombardi Trophy.

Charley Casserly: Broncos over Seahawks. Peyton wins his second Lombardi Trophy and gains revenge on Seattle.

Dave Dameshek: Packers over Patriots. Aaron Rodgers officially enters the conversation of "best ever" by taking down Tom Brady, who slips to .500 in the big game.

Elliot Harrison: Patriots over Seahawks. Seattle is favored to repeat, but New England remains the last organization to pull off the rare feat in the Super Bowl era. Bill Belichick goes out on top. (Yup, I predict The Hoodie rides off into the sunset after adding another Lombardi Trophy to the pile.)

Gregg Rosenthal: Packers over Patriots. Disaster in the Desert II for Tom Brady.

Adam Schein: Packers over Broncos. Aaron Rodgers bests Peyton Manning in a classic Super Bowl to bring the Lombardi Trophy back home to Titletown. (For my expanded thoughts on this Super Bowl prediction, click here.)

Michael Silver: Seahawks over Colts. It's exceedingly tough to repeat in the 21st century NFL. It helps, however, when you're young, wild and free.

Chris Wesseling: Saints over Patriots. Drew Brees and Tom Brady rain points all over the desert, setting a Super Bowl record for combined score. Brees just has more weapons.

Top Bottom