• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Vyroxis

Banned
From the dead spin 2014 Lions article comments section:

"I ALREADY COVERED THE CURSED HISTORY OF THE DETROIT LIONS LAST TIME AROUND BUT HOLY SHIT 2013 WAS A MELTDOWN OF FUKUFUCKINGSHIMA PROPORTIONS. JESUS CHRIST THE LIONS GAVE THE DIVISION AWAY LIKE A FUCKING ENTERTAINMENT CENTER ON CRAIGSLIST. AND YOUR NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS? A TEAM WITH NOT SIXTEEN NOT FIFTEEN NOT FOURTEEN NOT THIRTEEN NOT TWELVE NOT ELEVEN NOT TEN NOT FUCKING NINE BUT EIGHT FUCKING WINS. THINK ON THAT SHIT. THE LIONS HAD A MOTHERFUCKING ROSE PETAL PATH TO THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP LAID OUT WITH THE FUCKING STARS ALIGNED AND SMILING DOWN: EARLY DIVISION WINS. WEAKBITCH SCHEDULE. RODGERS SIDELINED WITH A FRACTURED CLAVICLE. SMOKIN' JAY CUTLER OUT WITH A STRETCHED VAG. EVEN THE VIKINGS WERE STILL ROLLING WITH THAT FUCKING POX PONDER. AND HOW DID THE DETROIT LIONS RESPOND TO SUCH A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE? SAME AS ALWAYS: BY FUCKING THE DOG. HARD

OH BUT HERES THE FIX: LETS HIRE SIDELINE CORPSE JIM CALDWELL! I MEAN SHIT DUDE USED TO GET HIS LUNCH EATEN BY A BUNCH OF FUCKING BASKETBALL SCHOOLS BUT HEY I BET THE GUY WHO GOT OWNED BY THE FUCKING EAST CAROLINA PIRATES IS SURE TO TAKE US TO THE TOP! WHAT A FUCKING LOSER. EVEN DRUNK DRIVINGASS COCAINE SNITCH TIM ALLEN BAGS ON THIS FUCKING GUY. AND IF THAT WERENT DEPRESSING ENOUGH HEY LOOK WHOS BACK IT'S DAN ORLOVSKY. DAN "WHOOPS I JUST RAN OUT THE BACK OF THE ENDZONE LIKE A FUCKING DUMBASS" FUCKING ORLOVSKY. JESUS CHRIST THE BUCS MUSTVE BURIED THAT MOTHERFUCKER IN THE PET SEMATARY. FUCKING CAMPBELL DRAGGING THIS ASSHOLE BACK INTO DETROIT LIKE HALF A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER STUCK TO HIS SHOE. "NOPE DONT NEED A NUMBER THREE HERE! ORLOVSKYS GOT IT COVERED." THAT AINT JUST A RECIPE FOR DISASTER. THATS A DINNER READY TO BE FUCKING SERVED

AT LEAST WE FINALLY TOOK DAVID AKERS OUT BACK AND SHOT HIM. FUCKING GUY KICKED LIKE A FUCKING SABOTEUR. KERRY VON ERICH COULDVE MADE SOME OF THE FIELD GOALS THAT MOTHERFUCKER BRICKED

SUHS GOT NINE TOES OUT THE DOOR AND IM STILL SITTING HERE WEARING HIS JERSEY LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT

AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF THAT CALIFORNIA ASSHOLE JOE FAURIA STARTS DANCING DURING A GAME THEYRE WELL ON THEIR WAY TO LOSING AGAIN IM GONNA MAKE PERSONALLY GODDAMN SURE THAT IT WAS A SMART DECISION TO DRAFT A THIRD TIGHT END*

*WORD IS THE LIONS SIGNED LIKE NINE MORE TIGHT ENDS SINCE I STARTED TYPING THAT SENTENCE. THE FUCKING SQUAD IS 33 1/3% TIGHT ENDS AND MEANWHILE THE SECONDARY LOOKS LIKE THE FUCKING 26TH TURN IN A GAME OF JENGA

SHITS AND GRINS THOUGHT ID ASK MY OLD MAN FOR SOME FUEL FOR THIS FIRE. HE STARTED QUOTING NIETZSCHE. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT MOTHERFUCKER KNEW HOW TO READ. FUCKING LIONS"

:Kas :jnc :dead

Start bitching, Walrus.

Such fucking garbage. Great message to send to the team, sign here come in and bust your ass and totally outplay the other guys you are competing with and they will still cut you. At some point all these mistakes will come back to bite them.

Colasante

Worth noting that the Patriots like signing players who have had success against them and happen to need a running back. Eagles RB Henry Josey and Redskins RB Lache Seastrunk both did well against the Patriots in the preseason and will likely be available on waivers.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 35s
Also hearing #Texans plan to keep Ronnie Brown. He'll be a good influence on the younger running backs, which is why I had him in my 53.

Who needs QB's? We are going to run the Wildcat like a mug.

Also hearing #Texans plan to keep Ronnie Brown. He'll be a good influence on the younger running backs, which is why I had him in my 53.

Ronnie Brown is on the Texans? That's funny.

MechDX

Ronnie Brown is on the Texans? That's funny.

4th RB on depth chart behind Foster, Blue and Grimes.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck · 3m
NFL official told me that Swearinger was not fined for hit on Welker. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck · 16s
So Manning was fined $8,268 but swearinger was not fined ..that was the Texans expectation...they felt like he would not be docked #Broncos

Interesting. #FREE DJ

gutshot

Such fucking garbage. Great message to send to the team, sign here come in and bust your ass and totally outplay the other guys you are competing with and they will still cut you. At some point all these mistakes will come back to bite them.

You heard it here first, guys. Cutting a career 4th string QB and an undrafted rookie RB is going to derail the Eagles' playoff aspirations.

Never change, yankee.

If that bullshit holding call hadn't undone Josey's TD run he'd lead the preseason in yards.

On the bright side at least they made room for another Oregon stiff to make the team in Barner. Cant have enough of those.

You heard it here first, guys. Cutting a career 4th string QB and an undrafted rookie RB is going to derail the Eagles' playoff aspirations.

Never change, yankee.

Have you already erased them cutting a 28 year old pro bowl WR? Keep cutting good players and playing favorites with his old school. I am sure it will work out great. Look at how well adding all those Florida players did for the Old ball coach.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Its a post from a Kas in a parallel dimension.

Tis' the Lions fanbase.

We are a very negative bunch, and for good reason.

I see posts like that all the time on other Lions forums but holy fuck the negativity is to much sometimes. This is a great team from our QB to defensive line and it seems like we try to tear ourselves down and the team via booing, bashing, hit the restart button etc.

When Matthew Stafford leads us to the promised land the past will be forgotten. Saints fans were the same way before their #9 QB, and Sean Payton/Joe Lombardi offense brought them the Lombardi trophy.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
We cut Labhart! No!
hope we can sign him to the practice squad.

need a good influence... isn't that what Foster is for? Oh, right.

Anyway, they going to keep 4 RBs on the roster?

Crisco

Banned
Looks like a great block to me. It's not like Bell can do anything about his own teammate turning on him.

kdXzyJf.gif

edit: http://www.gfycat.com/TastyShyDarwinsfox

gif of the play; basically both Bell and Silatolu got flat beat and turned into each other looking for their man :|

It looks to me like they both did their jobs initially, the OLB crashed right into the running back on the play fake, and Silatolu diverted his man to the outside. Then it's just clownshoes.

ShaneB

I believe there was a bit on C'mon Man last season where two same teammates were blocking and grabbing each other. Funny stuff... think it was college ball also? Not sure.

isaiah crowell looked pretty good in Game 4, glad he broke off that big run, really wanted him to make the team.

Anyone got a gif of the boom he laid down on that 3rd qrt run?

MechDX

hope we can sign him to the practice squad.

need a good influence... isn't that what Foster is for? Oh, right.

Anyway, they going to keep 4 RBs on the roster?

1) Don't think Labhart will clear waivers. One of the receiver needy teams (Browns) will snag him.

2) It is odd if they carry four. I cant see Grimes getting released and Blue is a draft pick and had a good preseason. Tania could just be wrong.

Colasante

BB praised Cannon as a "powerful player in the run game." Could play any spot. "It's a question of refining his skills at one position." Wouldn't surprise me if Cannon was ahead of Kline and a starting guard. Kline played every snap last night. Cannon got the night off.

It looks like Marcus Cannon may finally start at guard this season. I think he has the potential to be great there, especially in the run game. I certainly wouldn't mind him playing his way into a nice contract extension.

Crisco

Banned
Oh man, Poligaf's golden child predicts the NFC South:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/2014-nfl-preview-can-cam-newton-overtake-rob-ryan/

New Orleans Saints

Expected wins (using implied power ratings from Las Vegas point spreads): 8.9
Playoff probability: 42 percent (30 percent to win the NFC South)
Super Bowl win probability: 5 percent

Carolina Panthers

Expected wins: 8.5
Playoff probability: 42 percent (30 percent to win the NFC South)
Super Bowl win probability: 4 percent

Atlanta Falcons

Expected wins: 8.0
Playoff probability: 34 percent (22 percent to win the NFC South)
Super Bowl win probability: 2 percent

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Expected wins: 7.0
Playoff probability: 21 percent (13 percent to win the NFC South)
Super Bowl win probability: 1 percent

Looks like the statistics are kinder to the Panthers than the media has been.

Tamanon

Banned
I believe there was a bit on C'mon Man last season where two same teammates were blocking and grabbing each other. Funny stuff... think it was college ball also? Not sure.

It was a Florida Gators game. And I think it actually happened a few times that year for them.

Hunter S.

Nor should he have been, it was a clean hit.
The hit was legal. If you actually read up on Peyton's reaction it was in big part a reaction to Swearenger being the biggest trash talker all week, when the Broncos and Texans had very heated practices with each other.

True that, but if anything, that makes me feel even better. Who knows more that this shit than the Vegas odds makers?

You cant possibly take Vegas odds for a week 16 game seriously already. Those early odds dont mean a thing. They will be constantly adjusting the lines for games all throughout the season.

Crisco

Banned
Ostensibly the blog that was created with the idea of using advanced, in house statistics to explain everything?

What do you think Vegas uses? Ouji boards?

You cant possibly take Vegas odds for a week 16 game seriously already. Those early odds dont mean a thing. They will be constantly adjusting the lines for games all throughout the season.

Of course not, but that goes for all preseason predictions.

bionic77

Hi my name is Eli Manning, I somehow played out of my mind in two series of playoff games but in reality, I'm an above average QB that isn't close to half as good as my older brother. Go me!
Cool it with all that salt brother.

You are going to give yourself a heart condition if you keep it up.

Top Bottom