• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Crisco

Banned
Untitled_zpsbbeb6153.png

Panthers cut Tavarres King today and Marvin McNutt earlier in the week, meaning all of the WR from last year's active roster are officially gone.

Oh wow, that's a surprise. So 5 WRs then or maybe we're targeting someone who's gonna get waived.

Colasante

Pats cut WR Josh Boyce. Pats are keeping WR Brian Tyms

I thought they might have been able to get a 7th for Boyce, but he's been pretty bad in the preseason, so he might actually clear waivers and land on the practice squad. I think he could be a good contributor for the Panthers or Browns though.

Duxxy3

I thought they might have been able to get a 7th for Boyce, but he's been pretty bad in the preseason, so he might actually clear waivers and land on the practice squad. I think he could be a good contributor for the Panthers or Browns though.

I don't think he'll clear waivers. There are other teams are there that are more desperate for WR's than we are.

He injured his bicep or somewhere on his arm during OTAs and then hurt his hamstring during training camp. He was only able to get into the last preseason game.

So honestly can't even say if he did anything while he was here.

Most people were thinking the same he'd stay on at least for some veteran leadership for our young WRs but guess not.

Ah, more injuries. That broken arm last year due to the pizza car crash pretty much ended his tenure here.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ogbonnaya looked good back in Texans camp too, I was surprised he can't land somewhere. Guess he's just not quite good enough...

Most people thought he would have stuck around but we ended up with two guys who could easily cover his role.

We used him more as a fullback but we now have a rookie FB and a TE who we will use at FB this season.

Colasante

Source: Jake Bequette, Steve Beauharnais released by #Patriots

Looks like Darius Fleming, Ja'Gared Davis, and Chris White are ticketed for backup linebacker duties, at least until they claim other players off waivers.

Colasante

Patriots release Jerel Worthy. Packers don't receive a 7th round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see Worthy back on the roster in some manner that doesn't require compensation.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos are garbage

No need to make it personal.

Just reflecting on the idea that pretty much anyone cut today isn't that great... at least not yet.

Odds are they'll hang around on a practice squad for a couple years, finally get cut, and nobody will pick them up. They'll have to give up on their dream of playing in the NFL, and find a real job. They'll work in some shitty office, dealing with some dickhead boss, driving some shitty old car, living in some shitty old apartment. They'll make a bad decision, and sleep with some wench they met at some dump of a bar, and she'll end up pregnant. They'll try and take care of her even though there is no love, and she'll end up sucking the soul out of him before leaving, denying him the right to see his son.

One day a small boy will be taking out the garbage as a man walks up to him. "Gata, I'm your real dad. I played for the Jaguars and I never left Florida. Please son, I haven't seen you since you were a baby, come to dad and give me a hug."

Let this story be a lesson Gata, the garbage you take out might be your real dad.

Sorry Gata, I'm just joking with you we're buds.

Just reflecting on the idea that pretty much anyone cut today isn't that great... at least not yet.

Odds are they'll hang around on a practice squad for a couple years, finally get cut, and nobody will pick them up. They'll have to give up on their dream of playing in the NFL, and find a real job. They'll work in some shitty office, dealing with some dickhead boss, driving some shitty old car, living in some shitty old apartment. They'll make a bad decision, and sleep with some wench they met at some dump of a bar, and she'll end up pregnant. They'll try and take care of her even though there is no love, and she'll end up sucking the soul out of him before leaving, denying him the right to see his son.

One day a small boy will be taking out the garbage as a man walks up to him. "Gata, I'm your real dad. I played for the Jaguars and I never left Florida. Please son, I haven't seen you since you were a baby, come to dad and give me a hug."

Let this story be a lesson Gata, the garbage you take out might be your real dad.

lol

hahahahaha

Striker

Broncos cut DT Vickerson. Must love Marvin Austin.

Sucks about Bennett Jackson getting cut. Maybe they really like Chandler Fenner. Can see them keeping six corners with Prince and McBride coming off injuries.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos cut DT Vickerson. Must love Marvin Austin.

Sucks about Bennett Jackson getting cut. Maybe they really like Chandler Fenner. Can see them keeping six corners with Prince and McBride coming off injuries.

Yeah, Austin is playing very well. Vickerson looked okay, just seemed to struggle coming off of that hip injury. Really tough to make the squad at DT as well, plenty of depth there.

@davebirkett: The Lions have informed RB Mikel Leshoure he's being waived

Remember when Martin Mayhew traded two picks to Seattle (one of which turned into Richard Sherman) to get this guy, despite glaring holes in the defense (that are still there, three years later!). Remember last year when Martin Mayhew had a chance to trade him to the Colts but backed out? Good riddance, but I can't celebrate until Mayhew is kicked out of town.

I'd imagine Pittsburgh will give him a look.

Duxxy3

Gallon, Roy Finch, and Jonas Gray were all cut. I guess they'll be bringing in outside help if they carry 4 running backs.

Seriously? I haven't heard a thing about them yet. I thought all three showed some promise.

Vereen is solid. Ridley could be cut any time if he fumbles. White didn't show much in preseason (though that could be the offensive line sucking). Bolden is OK, but I think finch would make more of an impact on special teams.

Remember when Martin Mayhew traded two picks to Seattle (one of which turned into Richard Sherman) to get this guy, despite glaring holes in the defense (that are still there, three years later!). Remember last year when Martin Mayhew had a chance to trade him to the Colts but backed out? Good riddance, but I can't celebrate until Mayhew is kicked out of town.

I'd imagine Pittsburgh will give him a look.
Thank you based Mayhew. Trent truck to colts, 1st round pick 🙌🙌

Top Bottom