• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Colasante

Seriously? I haven't heard a thing about them yet. I thought all three showed some promise.

Vereen is solid. Ridley could be cut any time if he fumbles. White didn't show much in preseason (though that could be the offensive line sucking). Bolden is OK, but I think finch would make more of an impact on special teams.

I think they'll bring back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and I wouldn't be surprised if they took a look at Mikel Leshoure for their power back as well.

rando14

I know what you are referencing, but I think Dallas is a likely landing spot.

I guess I was half-joking, Seattle could certainly use more DT depth (which has unfortunately not been as good as we were expecting)

But yeah I would definitely expect Dallas to grab him

Godslay

Banned
I guess I was half-joking, Seattle could certainly use more DT depth (which has unfortunately not been as good as we were expecting)

But yeah I would definitely expect Dallas to grab him

Oh, I thought you were referencing the 'Fuck Seattle' tweet he threw out earlier this summer. Or the fact that Pete cut him back in the day.

Duxxy3

I think they'll bring back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and I wouldn't be surprised if they took a look at Mikel Leshoure for their power back as well.

Between law firm and bolden, I'll take law firm every day.

I want to see more of james white with a good offensive line before passing judgement. Nobody was running behind that line in the preseason.

BwTKu1ZCQAAXD58.jpg

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 10m
A talented WR for the #Browns to consider RT @MikeReiss: The Patriots have informed WR Josh Boyce that he has been waived

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 3m
--> RT @BobGlauber: Looks like Jets WR Stephen Hill will be traded or released shortly. Cleveland may be interested.

BG @BG • 1m
#Browns still reaching out to Greg. a Talented Athlete.

Godslay

Banned
Dysert waived. Wonder were he ends up?

Looks like Duke Ihenacho waived too. I thought he would be good, but ended up being the Joe Mays of the Safety world. Plenty of brawn, not much brains.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 10m
A talented WR for the #Browns to consider RT @MikeReiss: The Patriots have informed WR Josh Boyce that he has been waived

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 3m
--> RT @BobGlauber: Looks like Jets WR Stephen Hill will be traded or released shortly. Cleveland may be interested.

BG @BG • 1m
#Browns still reaching out to Greg. a Talented Athlete.

At this point I expect JFF to be one of their starting WRs to open the season. Would be more successful than Mark Sanchez.

Chargers releasing WR Vincent Brown, Lions WR Kris Durham

WOW, thank god. I really thought he'd get a pass given how close he is to Stafford, and how he was used in the preseason. Dude was one of the worst WRs in the league last year with a 30%+ drop rate iirc.

Does this mean Corey Fuller makes the team? Hell yes.

Bowser

Some decent WR options for the Panthers to mine...would love Vincent Brown on the team, but don't think he'll make it to us on waivers

Bowser

Maybe the plan is 5 WRs and 4 TEs. Olsen and Dickson are both basically WRs.

I think we were always planning on keeping 4 TEs. Olsen and Dickson were locks, Brandon Williams earned a roster spot through preseason, and Richie Brockel as a FB/TE blocker.

I still think we will carry 6 WRs on the roster and we'll be adding someone after all cuts are announced.

Crisco

Banned
I think we were always planning on keeping 4 TEs. Olsen and Dickson were locks, Brandon Williams earned a roster spot through preseason, and Richie Brockel as a FB/TE blocker.

I still think we will carry 6 WRs on the roster and we'll be adding someone after all cuts are announced.

Yeah, i was thinking maybe an extra lineman but we just cut Chris Scott.

Bread

Banned
Swans!! Your boys are doing it, Bread

Prayers for Grover as he deals with a relegation season
They just needed a winner like me to start backing them, they were so down in the dumps about being located in Wales and I was like hey look where LeBron plays.

The Panthers should look into whatever WRs the Dolphins released,

Joined, what are the rules? Can we only pick each time once for the whole season? Or can we choose whatever team as many times as we like?

Each team just once, which makes it harder towards the end when you start running out of safer picks.

jakncoke

Banned
is Gaf acting up for you guys? Sometimes the page opens fully and sometimes it opens half way and then stops.

I had that happen 2 days ago. The text and member took only 1/3 of the page with grey areas taking the left and right sections of my screen.

bigosc2k

Banned
Niners have cut WR Kassim Osgood, OL Al Netter, S Cj Spillman, OL Michael Philipp, FB Will Tukuafu

Niners gain $1.2 million in cap space back with cutting Spillman

jbug617

Banned
Hill agent goes off on the Jets.

"He didn't have a chance that first year with that whole Tim Tebow-Mark Sanchez fiasco. ... His second year, Geno Smith was learning how to play quarterback. So they never threw the ball deep because they wanted to simplify things for Geno."

The 6-4, 215-pound speedster (4.36 40 at 2012 combine) out of Georgia Tech came into the league still unpolished, and his disappointing tenure with the Jets was marred by drops and nagging knee injuries.

Herman is hopeful Hill will get a second chance with a receiver-challenged team such as the Cleveland Browns.

"I would think the Browns would put in a claim," Herman said. "(Coach Mike) Pettine knows him and they need receivers and Stephen can stretch the field."

Broncos cut DT Vickerson. Must love Marvin Austin.

Sucks about Bennett Jackson getting cut. Maybe they really like Chandler Fenner. Can see them keeping six corners with Prince and McBride coming off injuries.
Jackson could end up on the practice squad. Bigger surprise is that they cut Gaskins. Thought he'd be in over Michael Cox.

Giants cuts:

1.OL Eric Herman to the Reserves/Suspended list for violating the NFL's PED policy (a four-game suspension).

2.CB Jayron Hosley to the Reserves/Suspended list for violating the NFL's drug policy (a four-game suspension).

3. DE Israel Idonije

4. DL Kelcy Quarles

5. LB Dan Fox

6. TE Kellen Davis

7. CB Bennett Jackson

8. OL Jamaal Johnson-Webb

9. FB John Conner (guys a good player, Hyno just outplayed him this preseason. Hope he catches on somewhere)

10. QB Curtis Painter

11. WR Mario Manningham (to injured reserve)

12. WR/KR Trindon Holliday (to injured reserve)

13. OL Adam Gress

14. DE Jordan Stanton

15. RB Kendall Gaskins

Quarles, Jackson and Dan Fox all have practice squad written all over them from that list.

jakncoke

Banned
Well of course he going to get at least 1 more chance, probably with a better situation. Unsure he'll amount to anything though. I see a lot of people go omg 6'4 4.36, well if he cant run a route or catch that means fuck all

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks released Eric Winston, who some thought could start for them at RT.

Hawks have one of the crappiest OL in the entire NFL and we're releasing decent depth??

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks released Eric Winston, who some thought could start for them at RT.

Hawks have one of the crappiest OL in the entire NFL and we're releasing decent depth??
Giants should jump on him like now. To say he's an upgrade over Charles Brown is a fucking understatement.

slabrock

Banned
WOW, thank god. I really thought he'd get a pass given how close he is to Stafford, and how he was used in the preseason. Dude was one of the worst WRs in the league last year with a 30%+ drop rate iirc.

Does this mean Corey Fuller makes the team? Hell yes.

Fuller better make the team.

Top Bottom