• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

jbug617

Banned
Pats cuts I found so far. Pats are at 57 but only need to get to 55 since they have 2 players that are going to get suspended (Tyms and Browner). The media think the Pats might put Chris Martin on IR so they would only need to cut 1 more player. Also looks like Mallet is going to make it

DL- Eathyn Manumaleuna
LB- James Morris
RB-Roy Finch
DL- LT Tuipulotu
LB- Ja'Gared Davis
DB- Kanorris Davis
OL- Braxston Cave
RB- Jonas Gray
WR- Jeremy Gallon
LB- Steve Beauharnais
DL- Jake Bequette
FB- Taylor McCuller
TE- Steve Maneri
DT- Jerel Worthy
DB- Dax Swanson
WR- Josh Boyce
DB- Shamiel Gary
G- Jon Halapio

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're not cutting a 3rd round pick into his second season. Unless you're the Texans.

LOL BROWNS

#browns have cut cb Leon McFadden, their 3rd round pick last year, league source tells Cleveland.com

giphy.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Jags cut both Stanza and Stephen Morris. Looks like we're going to just carry 2 QBs on the roster.

I still don't like our Center situation though.

Tom Penny

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks released Eric Winston, who some thought could start for them at RT.

Hawks have one of the crappiest OL in the entire NFL and we're releasing decent depth??

O Line doesn't matter that much unless you play the Giants in the SB :( Hawks had one of the worst ones last year and look how that turned out.

Jackson could end up on the practice squad. Bigger surprise is that they cut Gaskins. Thought he'd be in over Michael Cox.

Giants cuts:

1.OL Eric Herman to the Reserves/Suspended list for violating the NFL's PED policy (a four-game suspension).

2.CB Jayron Hosley to the Reserves/Suspended list for violating the NFL's drug policy (a four-game suspension).

3. DE Israel Idonije

4. DL Kelcy Quarles

5. LB Dan Fox

6. TE Kellen Davis

7. CB Bennett Jackson

8. OL Jamaal Johnson-Webb

9. FB John Conner (guys a good player, Hyno just outplayed him this preseason. Hope he catches on somewhere)

10. QB Curtis Painter

11. WR Mario Manningham (to injured reserve)

12. WR/KR Trindon Holliday (to injured reserve)

13. OL Adam Gress

14. DE Jordan Stanton

15. RB Kendall Gaskins

Quarles, Jackson and Dan Fox all have practice squad written all over them from that list.

Isn't this Idonije's 3rd team in as man years? He's done.

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 4m
Stephen Hill's agent says he hopes CAR puts claim in 4 Stephen Hill. "Ricky Proehl could do wonders w/ Hill."-Alan Herman, who repped Proehl

Hmm...

BTW eznark:

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 4m
One high-octane sandwich for @greggrosenthal RT @TomSilverstein: #Packers are keeping both Flynn and Tolzien, according to a league source.

Isn't this Idonije's 3rd team in as man years? He's done.
Yeah he came in really late to camp. Only signed like 2-3 weeks ago and was a longshot to make the roster anyways. I'd bet retirement is his next stop.

Buzz is the Giants are only going to keep 3 RB's and one on the practice squad (Gaskins is my guess if he clears waivers). Giants usually carry four. Jennings/Williams/Hillis is likely.

bionic77

O Line doesn't matter that much unless you play the Giants in the SB :( Hawks had one of the worst ones last year and look how that turned out.
If your qb had an ounce of athleticism he could have created a play or two on his own instead of just falling down or crying for flags.

It seems like almost all of the qbs that have won recently have decent to good mobility.

@RapSheet
#Jaguars are releasing WR Kerry Taylor, who I hear was their last cut made. He should be claimed tomorrow. Means UDFA WR Allen Hurns made it

Colasante

Somehow I missed this earlier today.

From Ben Volin: "I'm told the #Patriots had a meeting with the veteran offensive linemen yesterday and told Vollmer about moving to guard, Cannon to tackle"

The fuck?

Duxxy3

I think they want to put the best offensive line players on Brady's blind side. Cannon played very well at right tackle when Vollmer went out. I didn't see much of a drop off. They do not want Cannon sitting on the bench when Kline and Connoly are out there.

This depends on how willing and able Vollmer is to move to that guard position.

So if this all plays out we could be looking at solder/vollmer/stork/connoly/cannon as the starters. It's not going to take Stork long to grab the starting center position. He looked good last night and Wendell is shit.

Spinluck

Lol, can't wait to face the Broncos with their new defense and no Mathis. At Mile High no less. The 10-6 road to the Superbowl begins!

Supposedly DHB has been decent for us.

I need to see it to believe it though.

I refuse to believe this, he was garbage last year. Good blocker though.

Colasante

I think they want to put the best offensive line players on Brady's blind side. Cannon played very well at right tackle when Vollmer went out. I didn't see much of a drop off. They do not want Cannon sitting on the bench when Kline and Connoly are out there.

This depends on how willing and able Vollmer is to move to that guard position.

So if this all plays out we could be looking at solder/vollmer/stork/connoly/cannon as the starters. It's not going to take Stork long to grab the starting center position. He looked good last night and Wendell is shit.

It's a strange decision to move a Pro Bowl-caliber right tackle, especially one who is 6'8, to guard. It only makes sense to me one of two ways: either they don't think Marcus Cannon is good enough to play guard, or they like Cameron Fleming as their future right tackle and want to move Vollmer to guard so their investment in him is put to good use.

Top Bottom