• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Without looking, I'd think that an Army Ranger would be way too lean to play defensive end.

And I always used to get Nori Chan mixed up with Chan. I'm not sure why when chan is just as disrespectful as gata.

Bread

Banned
are you guys afraid of swansea yet

first we took out man u

then we took out BURNLEY

we're basically super bowl soccer champs

It's official I got the call, I got drafted! Officially going to the browns vs Rams game tonight.

I'm gonna try and stare at JFF until our eyes contact and we make direct eye contact

The Eagles have started their first cuts. These moves are the first of what will be 15 transactions set to take place between now and Tuesday afternoon. The Eagles will have to get the roster down to 75 players by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, August 26th.

Players released

DE Alejandro Villanueva

K Carey Spear

DE Frances Mays

DB Davon Morgan

TE Emil Igwenagu

TE Blake Annen

WR Kadron Boone

OG Karim Barton

OG Donald Hawkins

DE Joe Kruger

ILB Jake Knott

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's official I got the call, I got drafted! Officially going to the browns vs Rams game tonight.

I'm gonna try and stare at JFF until our eyes contact and we make direct eye contact

When it happens please describe every single detail of it.

I want to live looking into Manziel's eyes through you.

rando14

Awesome man, have fun!! If you can take some photos and post them here!! :cool:

jakncoke

Banned
lol that somehow soccer is the topic that annoys jak the most. ffs you watch baseball

obama-shush.gif

Baseball is good, and you want nfl to be like arena football.

MechDX

Baseball is good, and you want nfl to be like arena football.

Yep. Part of the "whine about how the Seahawks play defense" group. Now the game will be ultimately fucked and forever diminished because some wimps cant take some physical contact in a physical game

Of all PC hardware problems I hate Video Card problems the most.

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The sound my video card made as it was in its death throes. Not that it wasn't loud as shit all the time to begin with.

The Eagles have started their first cuts. These moves are the first of what will be 15 transactions set to take place between now and Tuesday afternoon. The Eagles will have to get the roster down to 75 players by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, August 26th.

Players released

DE Alejandro Villanueva

K Carey Spear

DE Frances Mays

DB Davon Morgan

TE Emil Igwenagu

TE Blake Annen

WR Kadron Boone

OG Karim Barton

OG Donald Hawkins

DE Joe Kruger

ILB Jake Knott

poor Murderleg

Do you guys ever feel like you're TOO good of a person? I'm helping my friend move today and I won't be able to watch the game tonight :( I should be considered for saint hood

Nori Chan

Yeah but i'll still have seen 2 sb wins in 5 years which will be more than the Chargers will have in your entire lifetime even if you live to be 112. So I'll always have that on you. And I wont ever be a joke character that gets his name changed by a mod/admin. So theres double that.

I sense a lot of pent up aggression jak. Tell me, is everything all right? If it's not, you're more than welcome to talk to me about it. I've been told I'm a great listener.

MechDX

Do you guys ever feel like you're TOO good of a person? I'm helping my friend move today and I won't be able to watch the game tonight :( I should be considered for saint hood

It makes you a great person Chris. Why I am so grateful to call you my GAF BFF.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BROWNS NEWS – JOSH GORDON’S CAMP UNWILLING TO SETTLE

“What’s taking the NFL so long with the Josh Gordon stuff?” is the question I’m asked the most frequently lately. Finally, I’ve got an answer for you.

It seems that Josh Gordon’s camp, basically consisting of his agent Drew Rosenhaus and legal team, are threatening to take the NFL to court if Gordon is suspended for the entire year.

The NFL’s appointed arbitrator has been running a stall game in an attempt to allow the NFL and Gordon to reach some type of negotiated settlement. Gordon’s team has held firm in their unwillingness to talk any deal however. They believe they have at least even odds in any legal showdown.

It further helps Gordon’s position that the NFL has clearly lost in the court of public opinion. With their leniency with Ravens RB Ray Rice, most football fans feel that it’s outrageous to out Gordon for 12 months over a barely failed drug test.

The longer this drags out, the more ground the League loses, as such a late ruling puts the Browns in an very unfair position, and it’s entirely the NFL’s fault for the delay.

While it’s possible that Gordon may end up taking a deal, to this point his camp has been resolute in their refusal to even come to the table.

edit: Just something I saw today going through my Browns news, no clue how credible this guy is FYI.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if they really would have a leg to stand on in court. Yeah its only weed and it should be legal but in the NFL guidelines, 3 failed drug tests is a year suspensions is it not? So what legal grounds is Rosenhaus and legal team hoping for?

eznark

Banned
I wonder if they really would have a leg to stand on in court. Yeah its only weed and it should be legal but in the NFL guidelines, 3 failed drug tests is a year suspensions is it not? So what legal grounds is Rosenhaus and legal team hoping for?

Nothing. Its spelled out in the CBA. Its just Rosenhaus posturing.

MechDX

The NFL’s appointed arbitrator has been running a stall game in an attempt to allow the NFL and Gordon to reach some type of negotiated settlement. Gordon’s team has held firm in their unwillingness to talk any deal however. They believe they have at least even odds in any legal showdown.

Yeah because the U.S. legal system moves at warp speed. Seems like a dumb move to not negotiate with an arbiter. After finally getting a court to hear your case you have a couple appeals by the losing party and you are into 12-18 months tied up in court not including any potential ruling in the leagues favor and Gordon getting a suspenion.

Yeah because the U.S. legal system moves at warp speed. Seems like a dumb move to not negotiate with an arbiter. After finally getting a court to hear your case you have a couple appeals by the losing party and you are into 12-18 months tied up in court not including any potential ruling in the leagues favor and Gordon getting a suspenion.

remember the starcaps case for those vikings guys? i feel like they played an entire year before anything happened. ride it out and play this year gordon!

MechDX

remember the starcaps case for those vikings guys? i feel like they played an entire year before anything happened. ride it out and play this year gordon!

Wasn't that drawn out because it was a legal issue outside of the leagues control? Gordon was not arrested but failed a mandatory league drug test.

Basically Goodell can just say you broke a rule and here is a punishment allowed via the CBA. Take them to court or whatever but you are still suspended.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wasn't that drawn out because it was a legal issue outside of the leagues control? Gordon was not arrested but failed a mandatory league drug test.

Basically Goodell can just say you broke a rule and here is a punishment allowed via the CBA. Take them to court or whatever but you are still suspended.

Only thing I'm wondering about is why it is taking so long. Hell they didn't even officially announce he was suspended for the year it was leaked somehow.

zychi

Banned
Nothing. Its spelled out in the CBA. Its just Rosenhaus posturing.

I disagree, I think the lack of suspension for Irsay, and the light wife beating suspension for Rice has given Rosy and Gordon a firm stance that he shouldn't lose a year of his career because of what is legal in a few states the NFL operates in. Add Blunt and Bell's trouble to the equation, and Gordon should get less then half a season.

You guys are looking at it the wrong way, he loses money, I doubt Gordon gives a shit if he plays for the no chance in hell of making the playoffs with Weeden/Hoyer/QB #400 in the past 10 years Browns. If he takes it to court, and he wins, he gets paid. If he takes an agreement, he loses a season's salary.

Top Bottom