• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
I'm gonna take a moment to remember being asked about the Patriots getting Andre Johnson for Ryan Mallett. #NeverForget #Round6

Folks were talking wild in the early offseason/draft period.

5a358343-3af2-423f-acdd-a8b1a0a9b569.jpg

Colasante

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
I'm gonna take a moment to remember being asked about the Patriots getting Andre Johnson for Ryan Mallett. #NeverForget #Round6

Folks were talking wild in the early offseason/draft period.

It's not that wild. The Eagles would have traded DeSean Jackson for a 6th, the Bucs would have traded Darrelle Revis for a 6th. When contracts are part of the trade equation, compensation is often low.

Didn't see that part when I wrote the post. Makes a bit more sense that way. Positive side is you let Fitz play, Mallet builds his knowledge of the offense in the meantime. If Fitz sucks, Mallet should be able to at least come in and know what to do. 6th rounders are a gamble anyways, so it's minimal risk to ensure you get your hands on the guy.

If he performs the new contract should be a given, otherwise dump him.

Yeah, there's no risk or long-term consequences for the trade.

Kind of wonder where Savage fits in now tho.

rip in peace to the brave soul that notified the forum of the new leak. bless his soul.

On the one hand, we shouldn't be celebrating this kind of gross invasion of people's personal privacy. I certainly don't think any of us would want our Favres plastered all over the interwebz for everyone to see. Celebrities still deserve the same level of respect.

On the other hand, he the real MVP.

13.gif

Bowser

wtf are you guys talking about

edit: oh lol saw the thread...how are people so dumb. This is why I just stay in community threads.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fucking Ryan Mallett bs sigh

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, there's no risk or long-term consequences for the trade.

Kind of wonder where Savage fits in now tho.

I'm assuming that Savage is developmental still at this point. Let Fitz do his thing, if he succeeds then there isn't much to worry about in the short term as these guys can sit and develop. If Fitz fails, Mallet should likely take over and the cycle repeats itself. I would assume Savage won't see the field this year unless Fitz and Mallet are both bad or injured. In that case, you have to draft QBs with higher priority even if Savage is decent. Basically, the Texans are still on the QB carousel and this just basically gives them a cheap tryout on a guy who appeared talented in college at least.

wtf are you guys talking about

Someone got a hold of a lot of famous peoples' private photos and leaked them onto the Internet.

Some dude posted a thread about it in OT. (Which is locked now and will probably be deleted) GAF detectives started posting links and pics like dumbasses.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bye Case :( Kubiak fucked your head up. Go back to UH and fix that offense as a coach.

Panthers PS is now full

CB Carrington Byndom
LB Adarius Glanton
WR Tavarres King
S Robert Lester
WR Marcus Lucas
OT Andrew McDonald
RB Darrin Reaves
DT Micanor Regis
LB D.J. Smith
DT Casey Walker

#HillWatch2014

Patriots7

So the Pats fucked Houston's dream up by taking Jimmy G, forcing them to now trade for Mallett, losing out on the next future HOF'er that is Gameday Garoppolo.

Bill, you sneak. I love you.

McFlaggin to the jets
Jets claimed CB Leon McFadden off waivers from the Browns.
It's a no-brainer move for the corner-needy Jets, who are set to start Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls against the Raiders in Week 1. New Browns coach Mike Pettine (a Rex Ryan disciple) quickly gave up on McFadden, the No. 68 overall pick in 2013. Aug 31 - 1:13 PM

The 49ers also signed tight end Asante Cleveland to the practice squad. Cleveland, an undrafted rookie from Miami, caught three passes for 22 yards and a touchdown in the exhibition season.

UPDATE: After Cleveland signed his contract, the 49ers had a change of plans. They called him back in, according to a source, to inform him that he would not be on their practice squad after all.

49ers going insane. Excellent.

bigosc2k

Banned
i am happy for you! that will be a big storyline in our superbowl matchup: morris vs. the team who cut him!

also just saw the browns stole winston. mother. fuckers. fuck you LMJ why couldn't you have gone on IR so we could've kept winston
Browns got their revenge for the niners taking Phil Dawson away.

Top Bottom