• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

jakncoke

Banned
Having worked in the restaurant business, that stuff always get back down to the location and manager's get super pissed.

You should remember this from your days of delivering pizza or working at Arby's or whatever it is that you're doing these days.

Get your ass to welding school already

Yeah but you should of been like yo you game me 3 i ordered 5. But then again they prob figured you put 2 on your front seat and are scamming. We had people like that. Order a pizza, wait like 15 minutes and like OMG YOU LEFT ALL MY (name a topping), so we sent a new pizza for free. One guy got like 3 pizzas free before the top manager was like ok this fuck is scamming us, i'll do it all myself.

MechDX

Confirmed the #texans have traded for Ryan Mallett. They get a 6th round pick.-Tania Gangulli

Alright I'm.ok. Bye Keenum!

But fuck the Patriots.

fuck everyone is picking off our cuts! i knew morris wouldn't make it back to the PS. really bummed about seymour :(

as for raymac, innocent until proven guilty! lets get more info before we jump to judgement. with that said, i bet goddell has a gigantic hard on right now so he can suspend the mac and say "see! i'm doin' right now!"

Niners falling apart, brah! Cards taking over that NFC Best spot!

MechDX

RT @DavidNunoABC13: Source: Travis Labhart has signed on #Texans practice squad. #abc13

We kept our Welker!

Still fuck the Pats

MechDX

Like I said, OL and CB RT @DZangaro: Can confirm #Texans claimed CB Darryl Morris off waivers from SF. Hear a few teams wanted him today.

Fuck everyone.

Congrats Texans. You took a season where you sucked, got a first round pick, and got rid of a QB who was at his worst AND was harassed by crazed murderous stalker fans...and managed to follow it up with a season that looks worse before a single game has been played.

Having to decide between Fitzpatrick and Mallett, football gods pls have some mercy

MechDX

Sixth-round pick (as @taniaganguli said) going back to New England not a bad price for Mallett. Texans could recoup it, in a '16 comp pick.- Breed

So it's basically and lease with option to buy.
Rick Smith doing work

Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 32s
wonder how Bill O'Brien passed on all these QB's in this draft. Looks like he passed on a few good ones. May haunt him for a long time.

mech get in there and defend BOB's honor

@RapSheet
Why did the #Texans have to trade for Ryan Mallett instead of claim him? The #Cowboys were in talks with #Patriots, too.

Getting baited into doing a trade for Ryan Mallett by fucking Jerry Jones. smdh

Godslay

Banned
Well, I guess we can put the baby to bed on Mallet's trade value. Hard to believe some thought he was worth a 2nd rounder. 6th rounder sounds about right, although Pats likely would have cut him and Texans could have claimed him, if I understand the situation correctly. This just ensures they got him as well as being able to use the waiver claim first.

As far as Manning being a prima donna, I don't think he fits the definition of the word, but hey that's just me.

In terms of buying a championship for him, we are within the cap and use whatever avenues we can to shore up the team. Everyone spends money every year trying to buy a championship so I don't really take offense to it. Plus, he chose us, so he must have thought that the team was there to come in and rebuild his career from ashes.

@RapSheet
Why did the #Texans have to trade for Ryan Mallett instead of claim him? The #Cowboys were in talks with #Patriots, too.

Getting baited into doing a trade for Ryan Mallett by fucking Jerry Jones. smdh

jfc it gets worse

@RossTuckerNFL
So Texans waited 6 months to trade for a guy whose contract expires in 4 months?

MechDX

Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 32s
wonder how Bill O'Brien passed on all these QB's in this draft. Looks like he passed on a few good ones. May haunt him for a long time.

mech get in there and defend BOB's honor

So should have taken Bortles over Clowney? Bridgewater over Sua Filo, potential 10 year starter at OG and filling a huge need at the same time?

Texans were going to take Garappolo in the 3rd is the talk. No one expected NE to take him. Taking Fiedorwicz in the 3rd was on response to that

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 26s
Stephen Hill did pass through waivers unclaimed. Due to the new rules, I believe Hill can be signed to a practice squad.

For those keeping score at home CAR has 6 (out of 10) players on their PS so far.

Well, I guess we can put the baby to bed on Mallet's trade value. Hard to believe some thought he was worth a 2nd rounder. 6th rounder sounds about right, although Pats likely would have cut him and Texans could have claimed him, if I understand the situation correctly. This just ensures they got him as well as being able to use the waiver claim first.

The Cowboys were talks for a trade as well.

Colasante

So should have taken Bortles over Clowney? Bridgewater over Sua Filo, potential 10 year starter at OG and filling a huge need at the same time?

Texans were going to take Garappolo in the 3rd is the talk. No one expected NE to take him. Taking Fiedorwicz in the 3rd was on response to that

Yeah, you should have drafted Bridgewater over a guard, were that choice available. Obviously.

Duxxy3

If this trade actually works out, and Mallett somehow does well, it will be seen as the worst trade in Patriots history.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero · 22m
# Browns are expected to cut QB Rex Grossman to make room for their waiver claims. They'll roll with Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel.

Wow... I would've guessed a 4th rounder or something for Ryan Mallett. 6th isn't terrible, all things considering.

Still, can't say that I him being much more than a stopgap. I've been wrong before, though.

Godslay

Banned
The Cowboys were talks for a trade as well.

Didn't see that part when I wrote the post. Makes a bit more sense that way. Positive side is you let Fitz play, Mallet builds his knowledge of the offense in the meantime. If Fitz sucks, Mallet should be able to at least come in and know what to do. 6th rounders are a gamble anyways, so it's minimal risk to ensure you get your hands on the guy.

If he performs the new contract should be a given, otherwise dump him.

Top Bottom