• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Patriots7

Doesn't compute.

That shitty coach beat your coach on the way to slaughter, and that game wasn't even close. You were manhandled that day.
What happened the first time the Broncos played the Pats?
John Fox had his team up 24-0, and still somehow managed to lose a game.

AFCCG - If that was a manhandling, I really want to know what you called the Super Bowl.
The Pats lost by 10.
If Brady had connected with Edelman or (dude with the concussions), in the first half, all of a sudden, it would have been a one possession game.

I'll let it slide that Manning probably is a statistically better QB than TB12.

But John Fox is not a good coach.

ShaneB

Footage of the Chiefs from hours ago has leaked

iAghLgXxgrUaC.gif

Fake. That doesn't look like John Dorsey at all.

HylianTom

Banned
We took the Pats to the post pretty good in 2009 but even then they at least were 38-17

I have a name for that game: "The Boris & Natasha Game." It's named after that what the fuck just happened!? look on Brady and Belichick's faces on the sideline after Brady had been pulled out early.
(It's the same look that used to show-up on Boris & Natasha's faces when things didn't go as expected.)

tom-brady-bill-belichickjpg-95e8c0ab5d279e48_large.jpg

It was glorious. Glorious.

Godslay

Banned
What happened the first time the Broncos played the Pats?
John Fox had his team up 24-0, and still somehow managed to lose a game.

AFCCG - If that was a manhandling, I really want to know what you called the Super Bowl.
The Pats lost by 10.
If Brady had connected with Edelman or (dude with the concussions), in the first half, all of a sudden, it would have been a one possession game.

I'll let it slide that Manning probably is a statistically better QB than TB12.

But John Fox is not a good coach.

Sure we had a second half meltdown. Happens to the best of teams. Hell even Manning has daggered the Patriots in the 4th quarter coming back when he shouldn't have with the Colts. It happens.

We beat you when it mattered, and we'll do it again. Pats lost by 10, but the game was never close. Not even when they tried to surge at the end. Mind you it was 20 - 3, by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

We can play hypothetical games all night, but Edelman didn't catch the pass, Brady sucked, and your team got beat handily. Rewatch the game and tell me that you seriously thought the Pats were even close to winning that game.

Fox might not be the best, but nobody claims him to be. He's a good coach who has taken two separate teams to the Superbowl, and consistently does a good job. All while being a personable and likable guy. As far as what I called the Superbowl if you parsed my post I called it a slaughter. The Seahawks came out and incapacitated the Broncos. They were the better team that day. It is what it is, I've moved on from it.

cajunator

Banned
Anybody wanna play Madden 15?

Ive actually never played Madden before.

I have a name for that game: "The Boris & Natasha Game." It's named after that what the fuck just happened!? look on Brady and Belichick's faces on the sideline after Brady had been pulled out early.
(It's the same look that used to show-up on Boris & Natasha's faces when things didn't go as expected.)

tom-brady-bill-belichickjpg-95e8c0ab5d279e48_large.jpg

It was glorious. Glorious.

Yes. One of my all time favorite games.

So all those pictures "hacked from a cell phone" ....

As a software security guy, was the hack done via Apple's cloud sync service?

This is important for future internet phone warz!

zychi

Banned
So all those pictures "hacked from a cell phone" ....

As a software security guy, were these things hacked out of Apple's cloud sync service?

It looks like someone just got a hold of email accounts tied to icloud's and figured out the security questions over a long period of time.

2 step verification ftw

Yuuuup. Probably just cracked an email.
It looks like someone just got a hold of email accounts tied to icloud's and figured out the security questions over a long period of time.

2 step verification ftw
Very nice...

On the plus side, maybe cloud services will fix their idiotic security question policies!

Nah, probably not, they'll write it off as "well they're celebrities, it's a special case. Leave it broken!"

Patriots7

I would totally share my iCloud information with Jimmy.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=95325778&highlight=garoppolo#post95325778

I just want to highlight, I was the first on the Jimmy G bandwagon, late last year. Back when nobody knew about him, or even wanted to think of a life after Brady.
I'm glad to see so many have fully embraced Jimmy.

Sure we had a second half meltdown. Happens to the best of teams. Hell even Manning has daggered the Patriots in the 4th quarter coming back when he shouldn't have with the Colts. It happens.

We beat you when it mattered, and we'll do it again. Pats lost by 10, but the game was never close. Not even when they tried to surge at the end. Mind you it was 20 - 3, by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

We can play hypothetical games all night, but Edelman didn't catch the pass, Brady sucked, and your team got beat handily. Rewatch the game and tell me that you seriously thought the Pats were even close to winning that game.

Fox might not be the best, but nobody claims him to be. He's a good coach who has taken two separate teams to the Superbowl, and consistently does a good job. All while being a personable and likable guy. As far as what I called the Superbowl if you parsed my post I called it a slaughter. The Seahawks came out and incapacitated the Broncos. They were the better team that day. It is what it is, I've moved on from it.
Whoa whoa whoa there.
Beat us again? Season hasn't even started yet, pal!

Patriots weren't beaten handily, nor were we manhandled (DT manhandled Dennard, I'll admit that).
Despite losing their best corner in the second quarter, they still managed to contain the Broncos offense.
They lost by 10 points. I don't consider that being beaten handily or manhandled. When I think of being manhandled, I think of the NEvs.WAS game in 2007, which was like 52-7 or something.
The Cleveland Browns were up 19-3 in the third quarter at home against us last year. We somehow made it back, so I'm not going to say that I didn't think there was a chance the Pats could win, especially after all of the last minute wins that happened last season. After the second touchdown in the fourth quarter, I damn well believed that we could have pulled it out, even with the failed 2-pt conversion. Really, it wasn't until the onside kick in the last few minutes failed that I lost hope.

For the same reason that I don't consider Caldwell a good coach for taking the Colts to the Super Bowl, I'm not going to say that Fox riding on the coattails of Manning to the Super Bowl illustrates how good of a coach he is. In fact, wasn't Del Rio handling coaching duties for a number of games last season?

Godslay

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa there.
Beat us again? Season hasn't even started yet, pal!

Patriots weren't beaten handily, nor were we manhandled (DT manhandled Dennard, I'll admit that).
Despite losing their best corner in the second quarter, they still managed to contain the Broncos offense.
They lost by 10 points. I don't consider that being beaten handily or manhandled. When I think of being manhandled, I think of the NEvs.WAS game in 2007, which was like 52-7 or something.
The Cleveland Browns were up 19-3 in the third quarter at home against us last year. We somehow made it back, so I'm not going to say that I didn't think there was a chance the Pats could win, especially after all of the last minute wins that happened last season. After the second touchdown in the fourth quarter, I damn well believed that we could have pulled it out, even with the failed 2-pt conversion. Really, it wasn't until the onside kick in the last few minutes failed that I lost hope.

For the same reason that I don't consider Caldwell a good coach for taking the Colts to the Super Bowl, I'm not going to say that Fox riding on the coattails of Manning to the Super Bowl illustrates how good of a coach he is. In fact, wasn't Del Rio handling coaching duties for a number of games last season?

Assuming we are healthy, we shouldn't have any excuses to lose to the Patriots.

You were down 20-3 entering the 4th quarter. Then you were down 23-3 with 12 minutes remaining. 23-10 with 10 minutes remaining. 26-10 with 7 minutes remaining. 26-16 with 3 minutes, and then we ran the clock out on you. It was never really close. Your team was pushed around the entire game, and put together a couple good drives on a team that was basically trying to run the clock out. Not to mention you struggled to score 16 points on a defense missing 5 starters.

As far as Fox, he made it to the Superbowl with the Panthers as I'm sure you are well *aware of. He also reshuffled the team to success around Tebow, which given Tebow's gifts was a miracle in itself. Yes, Manning makes it easier to win, but he's only a player. There is more to coaching then you give him credit for. Plenty of teams fuck it up even with a good QB at the helm.

And yes Del Rio did take over last year. As Gata would testify Del Rio was a decent HC coach at times in Jacksonville. It wasn't his first rodeo, so the team went on without skipping a beat for the most part. It's more of a testament to Del Rio than it is an attack on Fox. Fox does a decent job, although at times he could be less conservative and more prepared, but he has my vote of confidence even with the losses.

Top Bottom