• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

What's the deal with the running game in Houston? I have Arian Foster and Grimes in three fantasy leagues. But I did get JJ Watt on my draft today. It's gonna be fun to root for him.

zychi

Banned
What's the deal with the running game in Houston? I have Arian Foster and Grimes in three fantasy leagues. But I did get JJ Watt on my draft today. It's gonna be fun to root for him.
I grabbed grimes in all three of my leagues as my last pick. I feel foster will get hurt and hell be an easy trade bait

Godslay

Banned
Agree to disagree then.

Our defense improved in almost every conceivable way over the off-season, and that defense still managed to not be steam-rolled by the Broncos' offense.
You inherited Talib who is guaranteed to not play through a minor injury during an important game.

I'm actually excited for the game this year. Last year, Broncos definitely were the more talented squad. This year? Not as impressed to be honest. Much more balanced.

Yet, as the Pats scored the second touchdown in the fourth, they narrowly closed it to a one possession game. That's my disconnect with saying that they were manhandled. If they were beaten handily, there should not have been even a sliver a chance for the Pats to either tie the game or win. They were a failed 2pt conversion and onside kick from doing so.
Your offense scored 26 points at home against a decimated NE defense.
Again, agree to disagree, but I don't subscribe to the mindset that the Patriots were were slaughtered in that game.

So the examples of John Fox's strength of a coach is losing to BB with the Panthers in the Super Bowl. Getting slaughtered by BB in the playoffs even with Tebow's magic, and then getting blown out by the Seahawks?

I think Del Rio would take the Broncos just as far. Hell, with last years Broncos team, I think any head coach would have taken them as far as they did.

Our defense has also improved in every conceivable way, even if you account for Talib being injury prone. DL, LBs, and secondary are all better. Most everyone is healthy besides Trevathan who should be back by Week 5 or 6.

You can play out any scenario you want, but that game was never in danger of being lost. Your team was pushed around, and pretty much out of the game by the 4th quarter. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm looking back at the reality of the situation, and you are playing what ifs. I could do that all day long with the Superbowl that we made it to, via beating the Patriots, but I don't.

Plus like I pointed out Patriots scored on 3 of 8 drives. Denver scored on 7/8. That tells me that both the offense and the defense had their way with the Pats. Plus 26-16 isn't a one possession game. It's two, and the 2pt conversion wasn't close.

As far as Fox, the point is that he has made due with what had. He has had success. He hasn't won the big game, but he came damn close, and some might even say that since that Superbowl took place in the prime of the Spygate period, it isn't really legit. Plus he transformed that team into something special even with Delhomme at the helm. The Tebow point was made to show that he could take a bad situation and eek success out of it. How many other teams rewrite their offense early to midseason and get any success out of it? I don't know, but Fox did.

In terms of winning, Fox is 26-6 over the last two seasons with trips to the playoffs and the Superbowl. Basically, what you are trying to tell me is any drooling idiot can stumble out of tunnel and lead a team to success with Manning at the helm? I think you underestimate what it entails to be a coach.

I also disagree that Del Rio takes them as far. He actually coached the first Pats game iirc. They were a different team when Del Rio was in charge, and I think Fox makes them better when he's the HC. It wasn't night and day difference, but if you watch them every week you could see enough of a difference to know. As far as any coach taking over and leading them the way Fox has, I respectfully disagree. Yes, the team is talented, but you are telling me that McDaniels leads this team to the Superbowl? Or Schwartz, Frasier, or any other meddling coach would have the success Fox has had? I highly doubt it. Like I said, he may not be the best coach ever, but he does a good job and hopefully if we have a bit of luck on our side he'll earn that Superbowl and finally get over that hump legitimately.

I'm going to bed now/

MechDX

Texans will run the hell out if the ball this year. Foster didn't play in a single preseason game.
Thinking they will spread the reps to keep Arian fresh ( if he is actually good to go).

Altered Blue has looked good as well and could cut into Grimes carries.

RBH

So did anyone else's Yahoo fantasy draft get messed up tonight?

After the draft was over, all of the rosters in our league were missing players that were drafted from rounds 8-10. Instead of being on their selected teams from the draft, those players are now in Free Agency. :|

After the draft was over, all of the rosters in our league were missing players that were drafted from rounds 8-10. Instead of being on their selected teams from the draft, those players are now in Free Agency. :|

You can do a redraft if it's messed up...better hurry though

I think both Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry look the same and are really cute
BMdlCRmCMAAA-t4.jpg:large

RBH

You can do a redraft if it's messed up...better hurry though

So we would have to re-do the entire draft?

Going through twitter, it seems like a lot of other people have been having issues as well with their Yahoo drafts tonight. The Yahoo Fantasy twitter has been responding to people saying that they're working on it, so we'll see, but yeah, this is ridiculous.

So we would have to re-do the entire draft?

Going through twitter, it seems like a lot of other people have been having issues as well with their Yahoo drafts tonight. The Yahoo Fantasy twitter has been responding to people saying that they're working on it, so we'll see, but yeah, this is ridiculous.

Yeah you'd have to redo the whole thing, although when you redraft you can save the previous draft and you can just copy what everyone did the first time, you'd have to do it one by one I think, it's a pain but that's one way to do it, maybe wait until tomorrow to see if they sort it out and you don't have to redo it.

Patriots7

Our defense has also improved in every conceivable way, even if you account for Talib being injury prone. DL, LBs, and secondary are all better. Most everyone is healthy besides Trevathan who should be back by Week 5 or 6.

You can play out any scenario you want, but that game was never in danger of being lost. Your team was pushed around, and pretty much out of the game by the 4th quarter. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm looking back at the reality of the situation, and you are playing what ifs. I could do that all day long with the Superbowl that we made it to, via beating the Patriots, but I don't.

Plus like I pointed out Patriots scored on 3 of 8 drives. Denver scored on 7/8. That tells me that both the offense and the defense had their way with the Pats. Plus 26-16 isn't a one possession game. It's two, and the 2pt conversion wasn't close.

As far as Fox, the point is that he has made due with what had. He has had success. He hasn't won the big game, but he came damn close, and some might even say that since that Superbowl took place in the prime of the Spygate period, it isn't really legit. Plus he transformed that team into something special even with Delhomme at the helm. The Tebow point was made to show that he could take a bad situation and eek success out of it. How many other teams rewrite their offense early to midseason and get any success out of it? I don't know, but Fox did.

In terms of winning, Fox is 26-6 over the last two seasons with trips to the playoffs and the Superbowl. Basically, what you are trying to tell me is any drooling idiot can stumble out of tunnel and lead a team to success with Manning at the helm? I think you underestimate what it entails to be a coach.

I also disagree that Del Rio takes them as far. He actually coached the first Pats game iirc. They were a different team when Del Rio was in charge, and I think Fox makes them better when he's the HC. It wasn't night and day difference, but if you watch them every week you could see enough of a difference to know. As far as any coach taking over and leading them the way Fox has, I respectfully disagree. Yes, the team is talented, but you are telling me that McDaniels leads this team to the Superbowl? Or Schwartz, Frasier, or any other meddling coach would have the success Fox has had? I highly doubt it. Like I said, he may not be the best coach ever, but he does a good job and hopefully if we have a bit of luck on our side he'll earn that Superbowl and finally get over that hump legitimately.

I'm going to bed now/
No what-ifs. No hypotheticals.
The Pats lost by 10 points. With 3 minutes on the board, that is not an unsurmountable lead.
The Pats dropped 2 touchdowns on the Browns defense with less than 1 minute remaining one month earlier to come back and overcome a 12 point deficit.
If there is even a possibility for a team to come back and win, then you can't claim that "the game was never in any danger of being lost."
I'm not saying Denver wasn't the more talented team. I'm not saying the Pats played well. I'm not even saying the Pats weren't outplayed. I'm saying despite everything that occurred in the game, you beat the Pats by 10 points, so I fail to see how that was a thrashing.

And Spygate. That lasted long.

JABEE

Did you have an 8PM draft time. One of my drafts were reverted to autopick, and then reset to draft at 9:15.

Not true. But I recognize older female stars who have been around a while. Some singers also.
like I think both Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry look the same and are really cute for example.

Doing what?

Katy Perry has been forever ruined for me...No way I'm interested in anything Riff Raff has been in...

MRSA

Banned
I insist on a gag order on Coldplay, why? Because he's a Canadian, if he were American I'd defend his right to free speech. But since he's a Canadian, he can stuff his mouth full of dicks.

Top Bottom