• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Rams need a lot of things but DE is the exact thing they dont need more of.

I won't argue with that. It's just that after going through unclaimed, his last chance seemed like it was going on the practice squad for the Rams. Most other teams already have all 10 spots either full or close to it, and I just don't see him being signed as a free agent because any DE-desperate teams should have already either put a claim or got him on practice squad.

It just fucking sucks that we're about to go through this whole thing again of "wait years for somebody brave enough to come out". It's 2014, and that this is still not a thing that's worked out in the biggest sports league in the country sucks. This shit will never get easier for anybody until somebody is on a team and out on Week 1.

I need a drink or a hug. Fuck :[

Don't blame zychi; blame coldnoodle for creating this culture.
I do blame noodle, but he roots for some godawful team like the Jets or Bungles (I don't remember which). In any case his penance will be served by his team's inevitable failure of a season... for the next 20 seasons.

Narag

I do blame noodle, but he roots for some godawful team like the Jets or Bungles (I don't remember which). In any case his penance will be served by his team's inevitable failure of a season... for the next 20 seasons.

Pretty sure the Pats are his second team. Just sayin'.

Pretty sure the Pats are his second team. Just sayin'.
mBEbGgn.png

cajunator

Banned
Assuming we are healthy, we shouldn't have any excuses to lose to the Patriots.

You were down 20-3 entering the 4th quarter. Then you were down 23-3 with 12 minutes remaining. 23-10 with 10 minutes remaining. 26-10 with 7 minutes remaining. 26-16 with 3 minutes, and then we ran the clock out on you. It was never really close. Your team was pushed around the entire game, and put together a couple good drives on a team that was basically trying to run the clock out. Not to mention you struggled to score 16 points on a defense missing 5 starters.

As far as Fox, he made it to the Superbowl with the Panthers as I'm sure you are well *aware of. He also reshuffled the team to success around Tebow, which given Tebow's gifts was a miracle in itself. Yes, Manning makes it easier to win, but he's only a player. There is more to coaching then you give him credit for. Plenty of teams fuck it up even with a good QB at the helm.

And yes Del Rio did take over last year. As Gata would testify Del Rio was a decent HC coach at times in Jacksonville. It wasn't his first rodeo, so the team went on without skipping a beat for the most part. It's more of a testament to Del Rio than it is an attack on Fox. Fox does a decent job, although at times he could be less conservative and more prepared, but he has my vote of confidence even with the losses.

The comeback is more important than the win

ShaneB

He better hurry up, I stabbed Chuck in the back on route to the last ms monster and he is a steelers fan, greg just a fake sconi living in ohio!

Well Greg is clearly goofing off playing War Thunder. So much for him being hard at work on the week 1 OT!

bionic77

Told ya Kate Upton wasn't hot.
Your opinions on women count as much as KASs options on the Lions and eznarks thoughts on anyone who isn't a hillbilly that attended Wisconsin or plays for a pro team in Wisconsin.

Also her tits were pretty big. Whose are bigger between hers and Fatman?

Patriots7

Assuming we are healthy, we shouldn't have any excuses to lose to the Patriots.

You were down 20-3 entering the 4th quarter. Then you were down 23-3 with 12 minutes remaining. 23-10 with 10 minutes remaining. 26-10 with 7 minutes remaining. 26-16 with 3 minutes, and then we ran the clock out on you. It was never really close. Your team was pushed around the entire game, and put together a couple good drives on a team that was basically trying to run the clock out. Not to mention you struggled to score 16 points on a defense missing 5 starters.

As far as Fox, he made it to the Superbowl with the Panthers as I'm sure you are well *aware of. He also reshuffled the team to success around Tebow, which given Tebow's gifts was a miracle in itself. Yes, Manning makes it easier to win, but he's only a player. There is more to coaching then you give him credit for. Plenty of teams fuck it up even with a good QB at the helm.

And yes Del Rio did take over last year. As Gata would testify Del Rio was a decent HC coach at times in Jacksonville. It wasn't his first rodeo, so the team went on without skipping a beat for the most part. It's more of a testament to Del Rio than it is an attack on Fox. Fox does a decent job, although at times he could be less conservative and more prepared, but he has my vote of confidence even with the losses.
Agree to disagree then.

Our defense improved in almost every conceivable way over the off-season, and that defense still managed to not be steam-rolled by the Broncos' offense.
You inherited Talib who is guaranteed to not play through a minor injury during an important game.

I'm actually excited for the game this year. Last year, Broncos definitely were the more talented squad. This year? Not as impressed to be honest. Much more balanced.

Yet, as the Pats scored the second touchdown in the fourth, they narrowly closed it to a one possession game. That's my disconnect with saying that they were manhandled. If they were beaten handily, there should not have been even a sliver a chance for the Pats to either tie the game or win. They were a failed 2pt conversion and onside kick from doing so.
Your offense scored 26 points at home against a decimated NE defense.
Again, agree to disagree, but I don't subscribe to the mindset that the Patriots were were slaughtered in that game.

So the examples of John Fox's strength of a coach is losing to BB with the Panthers in the Super Bowl. Getting slaughtered by BB in the playoffs even with Tebow's magic, and then getting blown out by the Seahawks?

I think Del Rio would take the Broncos just as far. Hell, with last years Broncos team, I think any head coach would have taken them as far as they did.

Top Bottom