• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

ShaneB

So an FTL update

I'm at sector 6, picked up some new crew members along the way. I grabbed the crew teleport upgrade and bought a pair of fighting friends, Greg and Rando. They basically go to the enemy ship and fuck shit up to distract everyone then return home as heroes.

A slug by the name of Jak decided to come aboard, he keeps to himself in the weapons room (I think he smells the fellow Pennsylvanian that lived there prior).

We are a rag tag group of pirates who don't take any shit, but eznark's federation will most likely destroy us when we make it to the final sector.

Man I miss playing that game for the first time. So awesome.

Syrinx

Are the Bucs coming together or are the Bills just bad?

I'd say some of both, but probably more of the latter. They're probably going to be the worst team in the league this year based on what I'm seeing. I do like some things about what the Bucs are doing though.

Bread

Banned
Man I miss playing that game for the first time. So awesome.
I have...terrible terrible news.

We lost a hero today. My good friend Rando was on the mother ship destroying a weapon when their ship was obliterated. I...I shouldn't have split him and Greg up. I'm so sorry this happened Greg, I hope you can forgive me for this grave mistake.

ShaneB

We lost a hero today. My good friend Rando was on the mother ship destroying a weapon when their ship was obliterated. I...I shouldn't have split him and Greg up. I'm so sorry this happened Greg, I hope you can forgive me for this grave mistake.

=(

LJ11

Had a nice first date with a pretty awesome chick...at least until she found out I was divorced. Kind of sucks that that's a deal breaker but I guess that's life.

Hope you find a better one bud!

I'd feel bad for Doug Whaley, but he botched things up pretty good with EJ, no pointing in feeling bad for someone who made such an obvious mistake. EJ sucked at FSU, that Seminoles team was fucking stacked and they did fuck all with him at QB. you don't take QB projects in the first round. Compounded the problem when he doubled down on EJ in the 14 and 15 draft. If he let the board come to him he'd be sitting with a better QB and an above average WR/TE prospect. Instead, he got stupid and overdrafted a complete bum, then threw away another pick trying to give this scrub a legitimate WR threat that he can't hit with a deep ball anyway.

Whatever, used to the constant restarts, this one hurts because it was so fucking obvious.

:jnc

squicken

e: divorce a deal breaker? Never heard that before. Sucks though :(

No Haden tonight or Burleson.

Rams made Weeden look like a Pro Bowler last year. They usually just play a real basic Cover 2 in preseason and never blitz, but Fisher said that would change this week. But who knows?

Kinda sucks CLE is playing their backup CBs. If that Rams do well, it's vs backups. Don't do well and they couldn't beat backups. Not much to glean now from passing game

Godslay

Banned
Slay, did you see him.play last night? He is shit.

BTW, no Clowney or Arian tonight. Dre will be limited

I watched the first half today. You put anyone on that Raiders offense and they are going to suck. Schaub in the right circumstances is decent QB. Not a world beater, but if he had a good defense and oline, I can see them being a good team. Circa that year that they beat the Broncos with Schaub.

I bailed at halftime but what a last few minutes! I'm taking back most of the hate I have spewed for Giroud and c/p for Ozil

I watched the whole thing, as I was just bumming around this morning due to the rain. I have to admit, I was getting a little sleepy before they scored that first goal. I could feel the pressure that they were putting on so I was hoping an equalizer came out of it. When it did, I thought that the momentum could get us a winning goal. I think if they had more time it might have.

Either way it was a terrible game by them, right until they woke up.

I'm a little wary of Alexis though. He's a great player indeed, but the chemistry seems so much different when he was out. Maybe it just takes time, but they looked better with Giroud out there. Fun game either way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rams made Weeden look like a Pro Bowler last year. They usually just play a real basic Cover 2 in preseason and never blitz, but Fisher said that would change this week. But who knows?

Kinda sucks CLE is playing their backup CBs. If that Rams do well, it's vs backups. Don't do well and they couldn't beat backups. Not much to glean now from passing game

I'd say you'd still be going against some starters there but Skrine is still out and right now we're going with Leon McFadden to take Haden's place so...welp.

Bread

Banned
It's over

The loss of rando demoralized the crew. Shane was thrown into the inky blackness of space by a boarding robot and the crew was sent into a frenzy. After Greg returned from the teleported holding Rando's detached arm, Kave attacked the pilot Bread and sent the ship spiraling right into an asteroid field.

They may have failed in their quest to take down Eznark and the Federation, but they will always be remembered for the sacrifices they made to free the galaxy from its reign.

mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg

RIP to Rando

Mindlog

:jnc
Predicted exactly that happening after the previous update.

As for football. The game's a lot closer than that 24-0 score. -Uecker

squicken

I watched the whole thing, as I was just bumming around this morning due to the rain. I have to admit, I was getting a little sleepy before they scored that first goal. I could feel the pressure that they were putting on so I was hoping an equalizer came out of it. When it did, I thought that the momentum could get us a winning goal. I think if they had more time it might have.

Either way it was a terrible game by them, right until they woke up.

I'm a little wary of Alexis though. He's a great player indeed, but the chemistry seems so much different when he was out. Maybe it just takes time, but they looked better with Giroud out there. Fun game either way.

Not too worried, yet. They haven't had much time to play together, and still might make some additions. And Giroud, while good on those headers and set pieces, supposedly is a poor compliment for Ozil and Alexis. Just isn't fast enough. Read something he might go back to France on a trade/transfer thing, but soccer transfer rumors are as silly as any other sport's rumors

It's over

The loss of rando demoralized the crew. Shane was thrown into the inky blackness of space by a boarding robot and the crew was sent into a frenzy. After Greg returned from the teleported holding Rando's detached arm, Kave attacked the pilot Bread and sent the ship spiraling right into an asteroid field.

They may have failed in their quest to take down Eznark and the Federation, but they will always be remembered for the sacrifices they made to free the galaxy from its reign.

khVccgu.gif

LJ11

EJ looks great....against the backups.

Edit: Man he's fucking dumb, no brains. Doesn't process shit fast enough.

Syrinx

I was making a nice, juicy burger for dinner so I was only paying half attention: EJ carved up the second team defense, right?

First, Go Rams.

Second, anyone got a recommendation for a good tablet/keyboard combo? Don't need a lot out of it. Just for internet browsing and some minor Microsoft office stuff for work.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
#Browns starting lineup changes: WR Hawkins for Gordon; CB McFadden for Haden, RE Taylor for Winn, LE Armonty Bryant for Desmond Bryant

Today's game will be about seeing how much depth the Browns actually have for first stringers.

Only McFadden is pretty much guaranteed to not be playing much if even at all this season and Armonty Bryant going into the season there wasn't an expectation he'd be getting lots of time but he has impressed a lot this preseason so today could go a long way in getting him some reps for the season.

Top Bottom