• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

cajunator

Banned
Damn, I feel so white when I say that Ween sounds so badass. I will have to listen to more of them.

I think they had some contractual obligation to a record company and they were like fuck it, so they made a 12 song country album. but not normal country music. WEEN country music.

Hunter S.

I think they had some contractual obligation to a record company and they were like fuck it, so they made a 12 song country album. but not normal country music. WEEN country music.
yeah, I just read the music style varies a lot. It seems like alternative rock, sort of. Good stuff.

cajunator

Banned
yeah, I just read the music style varies a lot. It seems like alternative rock, sort of. Good stuff.

It wasnt even 12 songs lol it was 10.
Ween is so bizarre but I love them for that.
They have this one cracked out song called Push th' little daisies. Its the best/worst thing.
Also one called Spinal Meningitis. Some really REALLY weird shit.

KaYotiX

Banned
untitled-6w4s4m.gif

:lololol

Who thought Taylor Swift looked good in that? They should be fired...

eznark

Banned
Since the starters probably won't play at all this week, looks like the Packers pre-season injury toll is just Raji and Tretter for 4 games. I'm ok with that. Better than most years it seems.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Since the starters probably won't play at all this week, looks like the Packers pre-season injury toll is just Raji and Tretter for 4 games. I'm ok with that. Better than most years it seems.

Usually it's some promising ILB, a LT, a CB, and Clay's hamstring acting up.

That hamstring will act up again this season though.

So does Fisher coach for his job or for the quarterback of the future? Even excusing his fragility, he was never the answer. I don't know what scouts saw in him other than arm strength.

A second round pick and Michael Sam for Kirk Cousins sounds like a win for everyone. Get some good PR for the Wash and RG3 ego is intact for a little longer.....

Tamanon

Banned
So does Fisher coach for his job or for the quarterback of the future? Even excusing his fragility, he was never the answer. I don't know what scouts saw in him other than arm strength.

A second round pick and Michael Sam for Kirk Cousins sounds like a win for everyone. Get some good PR for the Wash and RG3 ego is intact for a little longer.....

Yeah, but then who is backing up RG3? Dude's going to get injured again this year.

eznark

Banned
Just finished Crossroads of Twilight. What a fucking waste of time that book is. Just shit. Literally nothing of note happened in the entire thing.

Garbagio.

squicken

SBJ/SBD ‏@sbjsbd
NFL on verge of deal with DirecTV for Sunday Ticket. Average annual rights fee would be $1.3B to $1.4B over a decade.

.. Wonder if it will come to UVerse should the acquisition go through

eznark

Banned
It seems particularly humorous to me that had Ryan Mallett never taken a snap this pre-season the Patriots might've been able to trade him to the Rams for something of value.

As with all backup quarterbacks, playing time is the worst thing that can happen to their careers.

squicken

It seems particularly humorous to me that had Ryan Mallett never taken a snap this pre-season the Patriots might've been able to trade him to the Rams for something of value.

As with all backup quarterbacks, playing time is the worst thing that can happen to their careers.

All these names being thrown around are just media creations. STL didn't panic trade when Clemens was the only decent QB they had. I figure with Hill, the run game and that defense, they can be a .500 outside the division. Clemens couldn't win a division game and I could see that happening again with Hill

e:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Vikings players were informed this morning that Matt Cassel will be the starting QB in Minnesota over Teddy Bridgewater

So the franchise QB has broken ribs and a not 100% ankle, playing behind a makeshift and unproven offensive line, with one explosive offensive target who happens to be a rookie, one consistently mediocre runningback, one consistently inconsistent runningback, one huge running back, and a great set of tight ends.

Defense better be prepared to play a lot of snaps this year.

Even if Cam's #allinforweek1

eznark

Banned
So the franchise QB has broken ribs and a not 100% ankle, playing behind a makeshift and unproven offensive line, with one explosive offensive target who happens to be a rookie, one consistently mediocre runningback, one consistently inconsistent runningback, one huge running back, and a great set of tight ends.

Just Excusez

bionic77

Just finished Crossroads of Twilight. What a fucking waste of time that book is. Just shit. Literally nothing of note happened in the entire thing.

Garbagio.
Isn't that the book where Perrin completed his transformation into a woman?

I think there was some cool Matt shit in that book.

The next book is a little better and then I think Jordan dies and Sanderson comes in and finishes up everything pretty quickly. Without the flavor of Jordan but definitely at a quicker pace.

Giants were doing well in this regard for the first time in years outside of Beckham who's been out with a hamstring but we always hit a snag in the Jets game. They mentioned it during the broadcast but both teams tend to lose a major payer in those games. For us it was Geoff Schwartz. It looks like he may out for some serious time with a dislocated toe.:(

For an already struggling offensive line, that one hurts.

eznark

Banned

The next book is a little better and then I think Jordan dies and Sanderson comes in and finishes up everything pretty quickly. Without the flavor of Jordan but definitely at a quicker pace.

I guess? I mean he left his ax behind at the end but he did chop that dudes hand off which was cool.

There was no good Matt stuff.

I thought there would be better "seiging the white tower" goodness but that was mostly lame.

Dragon

Banned

Knife of Dreams is pretty damn good. CoT is the worst book in the series by a good amount.

cajunator

Banned
This week is gonna suck in terms of being the final preseason game where future grocer store workers and baristas will be playing "football"

manfestival

so the Buccaneers lose the first two weeks of preseason.... RAISE THE RED ALERT! WE ARE GONNA HAVE THE SAME SEASON AS LAST!

then we win and now the radio personalities are like; WE ARE GONNA BE AWESOME! I AM SO PROUD

seriously? I dont think these guys hear themselves

Sounds like the Lions will start out 2-0 this year!

Nice film study on bigblueview detailing the pass blocking struggle for the Giants. It specifically highlights 6 plays where they feel the trust factor isn't there yet with the scheme and understanding overall.

The conclusion:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/2...struggled-new-york-2014-preseason-eli-manning

There have been problems with this offense. A myriad of problems. The offensive line has got to do with a lot of those problems. However, these problems are fixable. The Giants are not dealing with an issue regarding talent deficits on the line. At least, not to me, anyway. The issue here is scheme and trust. The players clearly have yet to fully understand and execute the scheme.

That isn't to say the scheme is bad, the issue is they are struggling to learn it. They are forgetting assignments, they are hesitant. That is what's causing a lot of these problems. They struggle every time the opposing team blitzes. They struggle every time the opposing team runs a simple stunt or twist.

That's concerning. What's the antidote to this? I don't know. More time? Probably will help. This is what people talk about when wanting "chemistry" on the offensive line. You know the guy next to you and you know his tendencies. Had they had that, you probably see most of the pressures incurred on Giants quarterbacks this preseason vanish. Just how much time do they need to come together, though?

They had better get it together fast. Like it or not, the regular season doesn't wait for anybody.

bionic77

I guess? I mean he left his ax behind at the end but he did chop that dudes hand off which was cool.

There was no good Matt stuff.

I thought there would be better "seiging the white tower" goodness but that was mostly lame.
Its been a long time since I read this book and I barely remember what happens in most of them, but I thought Matt had some humorous sections in this book.

I don't know he comes off in the audiobooks but he was my favorite character in the series. Or at least he became my favorite character (I hated Matt in the first few books but once he got the memories and became a general he was a badass, and Perrin went the other way after he met Faile).

Knife of Dreams is pretty damn good. CoT is the worst book in the series by a good amount.
I don't even remember this book very well. Damn this series had too many books.

This is why fucking writers shouldn't write it as they go along!

Cagey

Banned
Nice film study on bigblueview detailing the pass blocking struggle for the Giants. It specifically highlights 6 plays where they feel the trust factor isn't there yet with the scheme and understanding overall.

The conclusion:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/8/2...struggled-new-york-2014-preseason-eli-manning

He's much too sanguine on the talent on the offensive line if he thinks there's not a deficit of talent. There is a tremendous issue with the line lacking talent. We can parse out plays where there seems to be confusion or hesitancy which we can assume is an issue grappling with the scheme or trusting that the players next to you have mastered the scheme, but there's plenty of instances where guys are getting blown off the ball one-on-one. Not to mention, part of talent is knowing your damn assignments and executing. Sure, the latter is curable in-season whereas we're not going to get the group leveling up in terms of strength or agility, but I don't know how much improvement would come from a better grasp on the assignments. They're still liable to get thrown backwards on a whim.

We're a mess no matter what five you toss out there in front of Elisha.

Top Bottom