• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Cagey

Banned
Division is ass because none of the teams play a lick of defense.

Philly doesn't have it in the bag. DeSean is gone and his place we have an unproven rookie. Maclin wasn't part of the team with Foles last season. Sproles is nice but old. Still our offense should be fine so long as McCoy stays healthy.

Our D is worse than what the Giants will field. In fact I think Giants will have the best D in the divison. And it still wouldn't shock me if Redskins or Giants win the division based on strength of schedule and rebounding after terrible seasons. Eli is not going to play as bad no matter what Oline they have.

The Giants were a 3 win team masquerading as a 7 win team last year because of the Freeman-Barkley-Tolzein-Pryor quadfecta we were gifted in October.

I fully expect the Giants to rebound to the same record (perhaps 8-8) but at a higher level of play, one that merited the record we post.

By the way ez, show some respect for your boy Colledge.

50db7ebf81305.image.jpg

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3m

Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start Thurs vs. Giants and play majority, if not all, of game, Bill Belichick confirmed through team spokesman.

Expected.

Nassib was taking first team reps so I expect to see Eli in for maybe a series at most. First team offensive line will get plenty of snaps though, IMO.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Need a fantasy player for the Straggler's league. Get in and win!

Might need more, sent out some pm's to the non-joined.

Figuring out what to do with the cat.gif league. I'll do something tonight...

Picked a bad time to get serious with a girl, cramping my football time!

Bread

Banned
I doubt those two will.
Especially not Ingram. He has been running like his job depends on it, because it does.
yea I've seen 2 of the preseason games and Ingram has looked like a different player from the past few years. He could be a steal.

Expected.

Nassib was taking first team reps so I expect to see Eli in for maybe a series at most. First team offensive line will get plenty of snaps though, IMO.
OMG
An entire game for Jimmy...can't fucking wait.

bionic77

ez which way if your black heart leaning for the Packers this season?

Are you optimistic? Do you already hate them and think they all deserve to go to North Korean prison camps? Or have you lost all interest with football with the Brewers chasing the playoffs and DOTA competition doing whatever the fuck it does at this time of the year?

eznark

Banned
I have no idea, gata. I'll let you know if there even is a point when I have one.

ez which way if your black heart leaning for the Packers this season?

Are you optimistic? Do you already hate them and think they all deserve to go to North Korean prison camps? Or have you lost all interest with football with the Brewers chasing the playoffs and DOTA competition doing whatever the fuck it does at this time of the year?

Same as every year. Ho hum 10-12 wins with a legitimate shot at the super bowl in Rodgers stays healthy.

DOTA is slow right now man. Nothing happening til October I think.

Brewers are da best!

ShaneB

Need a fantasy player for the Straggler's league. Get in and win!

Might need more, sent out some pm's to the non-joined.

Figuring out what to do with the cat.gif league. I'll do something tonight...

Picked a bad time to get serious with a girl, cramping my football time!

Hmmmmmm, tempting! But maybe one is enough for my first time with SiF. I did have a lot of fun with the draft at least!

eznark

Banned
I heard reports that it will be metal.

I will only buy a smartwatch with a metal band and metal face.

Amen.

Have there been any specs or anything leaked? I like the motorola one because of the build but also because they clearly aren't going fr the cheap audience. The thing seems pretty loaded.

Also fuck the pats and I'm missing work today so I'm about to start the Dolphins/Cowboys game, I know I'll be disappointed.
I just rewatched the first half, it's honestly not as bad as the score suggests. The pass protection was solid, the running game was solid, and Tannehill made some sharp throws. The Dolphins got deep into Cowboys territory twice and left with no points; once because of a Sims fumble and another time because of an absolutely idiotic throw by Tannehill. Then there was another drive that was killed by miscommunication on third down (LT and RT didn't even move when the ball was snapped). Obviously you want to see more points on the board but I saw a lot of good signs.

I love what I've seen of the offense so far in terms of playcalling and personnel packages. Lots of diversity and motion, you can see the Chip Kelly roots for sure. Now it's up to the players to iron out the kinks and execute.

The defense looks stout. D-line is playing extremely well as expected, LB's are looking serviceable, and the secondary is doing a good job of limiting big plays. Wake still looks like a monster. Defense should be the strength of the team once again this season.

Hey Darkest, if you want better insight into the dolphins and really good break down of their plays you should follow this dude on twitter https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy that is if you have a twitter of course
Nice, thank you, my friend. I am not on the twitters but I check stuff on there from time to time.

bionic77

I hate watches
My kids fucked up my Tag and I am not interested in spending hundreds to get it repaired or more to get a new one.

That said it feels pretty nice to have a watch when you go out. Increases respectability in the North East by a solid 30% (similar to wearing pants or shoes in Wisconsin).

I am interested in whatever Apple shows in September (assuming the rumors of a watch are true). But for me to get a smart watch it has to do something extremely well that I am interested in, it has to look nice, and it has to have decent battery life (minimum 3 days between charges, hoping for a week).

This will be the first time I don't just order the new iPhone based on the conference. I will actually have to hold the 2 models in my hand to decide which one me and the wife are getting. I am hoping she gets the phablet one and shares with the kids and I stay smallish. But we will see in a few more weeks.

I just rewatched the first half, it's honestly not as bad as the score suggests. The pass protection was solid, the running game was solid, and Tannehill made some sharp throws. The Dolphins got deep into Cowboys territory twice and left with no points; once because of a Sims fumble and another time because of an absolutely idiotic throw by Tannehill. Then there was another drive that was killed by miscommunication on third down (LT and RT didn't even move when the ball was snapped). Obviously you want to see more points on the board but I saw a lot of good signs.

I love what I've seen of the offense so far in terms of playcalling and personnel packages. Lots of diversity and motion, you can see the Chip Kelly roots for sure. Now it's up to the players to iron out the kinks and execute.

The defense looks stout. D-line is playing extremely well as expected, LB's are looking serviceable, and the secondary is doing a good job of limiting big plays. Wake still looks like a monster. Defense should be the strength of the team once again this season.

Nice, thank you, my friend. I am not on the twitters but I check stuff on there from time to time.

I did catch that final throw by tannehill....it was so bad, it worried me a little bit but I'm hoping it was just a fluke. If our D stays strong the offense can go through some of these growing pains and we can hopefully finish strong and into the playoffs...I'm getting my hopes up already :( never fails.

He posts breakdowns here as well http://www.findepth.com/the-film-room/item/38-preseason-week-3-breakdown-dolphins-vs-cowboys

Greg

My kids fucked up my Tag and I am not interested in spending hundreds to get it repaired or more to get a new one.

That said it feels pretty nice to have a watch when you go out. Increases respectability in the North East by a solid 30% (similar to wearing pants or shoes in Wisconsin).
I gain my respect at the ping pong tables

GQman2121

Banned
Anyone listening to this New England doctor on Pro Football Talk blaming Manning for two of Welker's three concussions? It's kind of ridiculous.

I did catch that final throw by tannehill....it was so bad, it worried me a little bit but I'm hoping it was just a fluke. If our D stays strong the offense can go through some of these growing pains and we can hopefully finish strong and into the playoffs...I'm getting my hopes up already :( never fails.

He posts breakdowns here as well http://www.findepth.com/the-film-room/item/38-preseason-week-3-breakdown-dolphins-vs-cowboys
This is good stuff!

Random thought, how good is the Ju'Wuan James pick looking so far? The guy was plugged in at RT from day one and has performed well in everything they've asked of him.

Talon

My man!

This is good stuff!

Random thought, how good is the Ju'Wuan James pick looking so far? The guy was plugged in at RT from day one and has performed well in everything they've asked of him.

Impressive so far, didn't think he'd be ready to start honestly. Seems like the Oline has come together much better then I though with the absence of Pouncey, even shelly smith seems solid now. Looks like Daniel Thomas is on the wait out too, slowly we are getting rid of the Ireland stench lol

Striker

Division is ass because none of the teams play a lick of defense.

Philly doesn't have it in the bag. DeSean is gone and his place we have an unproven rookie. Maclin wasn't part of the team with Foles last season. Sproles is nice but old. Still our offense should be fine so long as McCoy stays healthy.

Our D is worse than what the Giants will field. In fact I think Giants will have the best D in the divison. And it still wouldn't shock me if Redskins or Giants win the division based on strength of schedule and rebounding after terrible seasons. Eli is not going to play as bad no matter what Oline they have.
Philly has a great OL which alone makes them better than the others. Giants defense is limited right now due to a weak pass rush and Beason out. If they can get Beason and Prince back they'll be a good unit. But with the new system and the OL problems, none of that might not even matter.

Top Bottom