• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Bowser

Money well spent on Gronkowski and Hernandez.

ESPN has their team by team breakdowns with final records up:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...nalysis-game-game-predictions-more-every-team

Have Texans going 8-8/9-7. One game prediction I found odd was from their Advanced
Football Analytics, has us losing to the Giants 34-7 while every other game is close.

EDIT: NFL.com has the floor/ceiling predictions for the AFC up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-among-afc-teams-whose-ceilings-are-sky-high

I pretty much agree with the results, if not the scores, of the Panthers preview, except I think we end up sweeping the Falcons and going 9-7. The question is if that will be enough for a WC in the deep NFC. My inclination is that it won't be.

JABEE

MechDX

I pretty much agree with the results, if not the scores, of the Panthers preview, except I think we end up sweeping the Falcons and going 9-7. The question is if that will be enough for a WC in the deep NFC. My inclination is that it won't be.

You probably don't want to look at this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ew-wholl-be-the-best-worst-here-are-our-picks

4 of 7 have the Panthers as the free fall team.

I will hurt you

While wearing your Hernandez jersey?

Talon

Duly noted.

JABEE

Savage.jpg

The looks of a handsome, young Nick Cage. The arm of Dan Marino. The calmness of a Joe Montana. It is a Savage Future!

Savage is trying to steal Stafford's thunder.

MechDX

Already seen it. Floor for this team is 7-8 wins. Cam and the front 7 are too good to actually free fall to 5 wins or less.

Prisco is an idiot. Has us not winning a single game until week 13 vs the Titans.

Even if we are complete shit we have a soft damn schedule including the Raiders in Week 2 and Bills in Week 4

Looks like we signed Tommy Kelly to a 1 year deal, hopefully he can actually contribute. I think a couple of you guys said he is good when motivated?

MechDX

Where does it have us? Can't see while at work

4-12/11-5

Floor/Ceiling

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Ceiling: 11-5. Everything goes right. Ryan Tannehill plays with the poise of Matt Ryan, receiver Mike Wallace posts 1,150 yards at a 20-yards-per-catch clip, and Lamar Miller and Knowshon Moreno combine for 1,750 yards on the ground. Meanwhile, the front seven succeeds in shutting down the backs that loom on Miami's schedule, including the Chiefs' Jamaal Charles, the Packers' Eddie Lacy, the Bears' Matt Forte and the Jets' Chris Johnson (twice).

Floor: 4-12. Coach Joe Philbin loses the team as it sinks to the bottom of the AFC East. Tannehill's new offensive line fares almost as poorly as last year's edition, allowing him to be sacked 50-plus times again. Wallace can't catch a whiff, while Moreno reverts to 2011 form. Meanwhile, safety Reshad Jones' four-game suspension puts the secondary behind the eight ball early, and Miami drops close games to start the season 0-4.

Got your back BFF

Crisco

Banned
Again, it's all on JStew for the Panthers. A healthy season from him can hide a lot problems along the offensive line. I'd go as far to say we're a lock for the playoffs if he makes it through 16 games. If he goes down early though, all bets are off, anywhere from 6 to 10 wins wouldn't surprise me.

MechDX

According to @RosenhausSports, Jurrell Casey has signed a four-year, $36 million extension with Titans with $20.5 million guaranteed.

Thumbtack news. Anyone care?

Dragon

Banned
Let Mech talk shit, the Pats didn't finish 2-14 in the worst division in football last year. The Pats don't have Fitzmagic as QB.

Bread

Banned
hey mech, supposedly there's a way to share games on the xbone if we sign into each others accounts on our xboxs.

would you like to do this and split madden?

The Joe Webb Experience might be put on hold

Derek Anderson @DAnderson314 · 18m
Baby A has arrived! 7.6lbs 20.5lg thank you for all the text, calls, support. Mom is doing great! She champed it!#wordswin@Panthers

Kave, the prodigal son to lead Cleve out of darkness in twenty five years is born!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...fficially-suspended-for-a-year-170210807.html
The league's marijuana policy has come under criticism lately, especially after Baltimore's Ray Rice was suspended just two games for a domestic violence incident. Gordon had argued that the positive test was a result of second-hand smoke. He also planned to cite testing irregularities, because the A sample was below the threshold for a positive test, but the B sample was barely over. The B sample was tested first.
I'm gonna sound like a broken record since I've mentioned this a few times before but what a complete fucking joke this entire Gordon situation is. So one of the samples wasn't even over the limit? And the other was "barely" over and would be under the threshold for the other major sports leagues, and even the federal government. This is a damned travesty. The entire Cleveland Browns season is basically fucked over some garbage like this. Gordon was 75% of that offense.

BigAT

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...fficially-suspended-for-a-year-170210807.html

I'm gonna sound like a broken record since I've mentioned this a few times before but what a complete fucking joke this entire Gordon situation is. So one of the samples wasn't even over the limit? And the other was "barely" over and would be under the threshold for the other major sports leagues, and even the federal government. This is a damned travesty. The entire Cleveland Browns season is basically fucked over some garbage like this. Gordon was 75% of that offense.

Yeah, Cleveland's season is fucked now. They won't be able to match the historic 4-12 record they accomplished last year with Gordon. Truly a travesty.

JABEE

Wow, that's pretty shocking to me! We humans still have that herd mentality I guess...
This is exactly how it was like at lunch in high school and that was like 4 years ago. It's really strange. There were some black kids who would sit with white kids, but I always found it weird how there always seemed to be something that made certain races of people sit with other races of people.

It's the kind of thing you don't really notice until you're out of it. Or you may notice it, but it's just the routine.

Top Bottom