• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

That play wasnt 2001 playoffs breh.

I'm bitter about all of it.

giphy.gif

ShaneB

Niven already joining Texans-Gaf? What happened to taking your time?!! :p Ah well, Texans have a fun defence to watch no doubt, can't blame the attraction!

And well, I bought my copy of Madden 15 for a slight deal. I guess I have to buy a Maddenstation 4 now!

jakncoke

Banned
Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg

Here is a pic of the fog bowl niven, a horror movie like fog rolled in during the game causing this basically impossible to play conditions

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I love how you never answer a question. Judging by your hostility you seem to think that the NFC North will be good and not a division you want to play on your schedule. Let's see if you are right.

And believe it or not work takes up much more of my time than my wife or family. Believe it or not most jobs don't allow for people to spend all day watching DOTA tournaments when they are not watching baseball/reading every sports story or trolling people online. Personally I have never been busier at work that these past 2 years (overall a good thing).

Add in family, social shit and my weekly basketball game and I have no time for anything else.

But to answer your question (try it sometime) yes I still watch football. Just not as much as I used to, which is a shame.
pretty much why I dont follow the thread as much any more. I got a new awesome job on January and im busy a lot. Plus family and other things and the thread moves freaking fast

stuff like this is such nonsense. It completely ignores the issue. You have to fail a drug test 3 or 4 times before you get suspended the first time. To then get caught again, you're a moron. And throw in a DUI? I dont understand the outrage. Its what was bargained for in the CBA.

That said, I personally dont think they should be testing for weed.

But it has nothing to do with the Ray Rice situation.

captive

Sure it does. It points out the ridiculousness of having a fully-laid-out policy for drug use but nothing for domestic violence.

only tangentially. that is not what people are pointing out. People are essentially saying "omg weed = 1 year ban" "punching your spouse is only 2 games(or whatever he got)"

they're not the same. If Ray Rice had punch his wife, and then six months later, punch his wife again, and then punched his wife's sister, it would be comparable.

cdyhybrid

only tangentially. that is not what people are pointing out. People are essentially saying "omg weed = 1 year ban" "punching your spouse is only 2 games(or whatever he got)"

they're not the same. If Ray Rice had punch his wife, and then six months later, punch his wife again, and then punched his wife's sister, it would be comparable.

You assume it would be comparable. There's no written policy, so you don't actually know. I'm not going to give Goodell the benefit of the doubt.

eznark

Banned

So domestic violence should be punished only as severely as a drug offense?

MechDX

From what I have read drug offense punishment is defined by the CBA while domestic violence is not.

Goodell didn't punish Rice hard enough but it is a different situation.

bionic77

pretty much why I dont follow the thread as much any more. I got a new awesome job on January and im busy a lot. Plus family and other things and the thread moves freaking fast
Apparently if you can't post here 50 times a day like Gata, watch every tv show on HBO and cable, and play videogames 5 hours a day you are a bitch.

I actually wish I got to spend more time with just my wife. We are always running around for the kids or work or other shit that we barely get to see each other.

Tom Penny

So if Blount and Bell get 1 game you believe knocking your wife out is only twice as bad as smoking weed?

eznark

Banned
There was a report that Banner wanted him to cut Weeden and he said no, so he must have had some control.

I mean, there are all kinds of reports about everything.

Lombardi had roster control I believe. Maybe Chud sided with Lombardi but it certainly wasn't his final decision.

Pretty sure Banner had no player/personnel decisions. Plus, why should anyone listen to a perennial loser like Joe Banner?

captive

yes that's exactly what i said, ez.

cdyhybrid said:
ou assume it would be comparable. There's no written policy, so you don't actually know. I'm not going to give Goodell the benefit of the doubt.
You are absolutely correct, there should be a policy. However, and again, that is NOT what people are pointing out. They are pointing out that weed gets a year, which is not what happened. Multiple offenses and a arrest for DUI got him a year. Its unfortunate, because I think the NFL needs to get with the times and just not even test for marijuana use. The drug policy for weed should be we dont test for it, but if you get arrested for it, we will suspend you. In other words, don't be stupid.

eznark

Banned
From what I have read drug offense punishment is defined by the CBA while domestic violence is not.

Goodell didn't punish Rice hard enough but it is a different situation.

Sort of. They are operating under the old drug policy which was not included in the latest CBA because of HGH hangups.

That's not the point. The CBA doesn't excuse the leniency on Rice.

I mean, there are all kinds of reports about everything.

Lombardi had roster control I believe. Maybe Chud sided with Lombardi but it certainly wasn't his final decision.

Pretty sure Banner had no player/personnel decisions. Plus, why should anyone listen to a perennial loser like Joe Banner?

How many jobs can you get poor results and also basically tell your boss no when he says he wants you to do something?

I don't know what people expected with Gordon. Dude broke the rules like six times to get to this point, plus the penalties are laid out in the CBA, which the Union agreed to.

Is it ridiculous compared to the Ray Rice suspension? Yes, but only because Rice deserved more, not that Gordon deserved less.

eznark

Banned
yes that's exactly what i said, ez.

Three domestic violence arrests = three drug busts

so yeah, pretty much exactly what you said.

How many jobs can you get poor results and also basically tell your boss no when he says he wants you to do something?
Chud didn't have the authority to cut anyone, neither did Banner.

Tom Penny

I don't know what people expected with Gordon. Dude broke the rules like six times to get to this point, plus the penalties are laid out in the CBA, which the Union agreed to.

Is it ridiculous compares to the Ray Rice suspension? Yes, but only because Rice deserved more, not that Gordon deserved less.

This is the correct answer.

eznark

Banned

Is it ridiculous compares to the Ray Rice suspension? Yes, but only because Rice deserved more, not that Gordon deserved less.

Pretty sure that's the angle most people are taking, while also shitting on the players for agreeing to such a stupid drug testing policy.

Top Bottom