• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

bionic77

$5,000 a week at cheesecake factory?

With their portion sizes $5,000 could last most people 10 years.

Somebody should tell these guys not to bankroll a posse.
When I was at law school I always liked going there with friends because I always knew that there would be enough left over for lunch the next day. My memory is shit now but I seem to remember their prices being reasonable. At least for DC.

Back then the wait was criminal though. Not sure if things have improved in the past 10 years or not.

Not the place you would think a pro athlete would eat at though. I thought all those guys just ate fish eyes and chicken all day, every day.

Zee-Row

Banned
Picture of the Bucs new sail that i took at their friday practice.

8EF265F1-B070-4E0D-B744-1DC9EED8EA14_zpsijxuxbsa.jpg

JABEE

I think we should establish a No Anime Rule in the OP of every official NFL Thread we have. This shit needs to stop.

Greg, BannedEpisode, Buckethead, we need a decision on this. This thread will not survive with the Mechs of the world filling this thread with their smut!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He wasn't going to start this year so it doesn't count.

Bahkitari and Bulaga right?

Oh I'm sure we'll lose one of those guys here pretty soon. I'm curious to see if Sherrod was worth the wait.

What would be the most obnoxious position to lose somebody? Center?

Konka

Banned
over/under on mech's new keyboard committing seppuku is 15 minutes

i'll take the under

I'm hoping it's the monitor that goes this time.

But the Psychology minor in me is fascinated to see a mental breakdown happening before my eyes.

bionic77

I wish there was a way to watch DuckTales online.

It would be something I could watch with my kids in a few years and we could both enjoy it.

I think the only way to get the episodes is to torrent it (gave that life up).

Bahkitari and Bulaga right?

Oh I'm sure we'll lose one of those guys here pretty soon. I'm curious to see if Sherrod was worth the wait.

What would be the most obnoxious position to lose somebody? Center?
Losing either of the starting tackles now (with barclay already down) would make the o-line a clusterfuck.

So nothing new, and I expect it to happen by week 3

JABEE

I'm looking forward to HardKnocks tonight. It doesn't really matter which team it focuses on. I always find these looks into professional sports personnel decisions and game preparation fascinating.

The same people who make the HardKnocks series also work on NHL 24/7. I wish we had more content like that. Maybe that's what makes it so special. I wish I could watch an NHL game with referee commentating on. NHL referees talk shit just like the players.

Narag

It would be something I could watch with my kids in a few years and we could both enjoy it.

It was on Amazon Prime streaming last year. Looks like it was removed though.

Vyroxis

Banned

I think you can find some episodes on youtube.

Greg

I think we should establish a No Anime Rule in the OP of every official NFL Thread we have. This shit needs to stop.

Greg, BannedEpisode, Buckethead, we need a decision on this. This thread will not survive with the Mechs of the world filling this thread with their smut!
I can't control what others post, but I can promise I'll never post anime myself!

I'm looking forward to HardKnocks tonight. It doesn't really matter which team it focuses on. I always find these looks into professional sports personnel decisions and game preparation fascinating.

The same people who make the HardKnocks series also work on NHL 24/7. I wish we had more content like that. Maybe that's what makes it so special. I wish I could watch an NHL game with referee commentating on. NHL referees talk shit just like the players.
yeah, I love it

who are the big personalities for the Falcons? I think it works best without them anyways

ShaneB

One nice piece of advice he gives is to start paying attention to the personnel groups teams are using and write them down as the game goes along. Then see what type of adjustments are made after the half. The book sort of focuses on line play but you can expand that to wide receiver sets, etc. and get a good glance of how teams work their offense in a game.

Yeah, the personnel stuff was basically the first interesting bit for me to learn. I mean I kinda know that a little based on just going through a playbook in Madden, but it's at least nice to learn more lingo and what it all comes down to. And speaking of that, it's nice as well to learn of the logistics of cultivating a gameday playbook. Cool stuff so far.

Also, it made me think of something, with TV presentation being as it is, if you folks could watch a game from a different angle, would you? I mean like the standard sort of north/south view a game of Madden presents applied to a realtime NFL game? Could be neat. I guess that is common place when watching a game live at the stadium, but would be neat to see things a bit differently on TV.

Same here, which is why I'm enjoying the behind the scenes books I've been reading. Collision Low Crossers I loved.

cdyhybrid

We need some people with ebola in Philly then.

I feel like Atlanta's misery is just kind of sad and pathetic. Philly is way more fun to troll because people there get super pissed.

Agreed.

I still get some pleasure out of it though, since they cheated us out of a berth in the NFCCG two seasons ago.

jakncoke

Banned
BAvDrmf.jpg

My parents are adopting a doge from a family member because even after being denutted he acts like he gets into Johnny Eightball coke bowl all day every day and being too rambunctious around their little kids

cdyhybrid

Kam and Okung participated in practice for the first time since their surgeries today. They didn't take part in team sessions, but they apparently moved around without problems.

tmdorsey

Agreed.

I still get some pleasure out of it though, since they cheated us out of a berth in the NFCCG two seasons ago.

Even with a ring, Seahawk fans can't stop complaining about being cheated. :p Nobody cheated you. Your team just couldn't stop Ryan when it counted like the 49ers could apparently.

cdyhybrid

Even with a ring, Seahawk fans can't stop complaining about being cheated. :p Nobody cheated you. Your team just couldn't stop Ryan when it counted like the 49ers could apparently.

Did Ryan make the ref give the Falcons that illegal practice kick?

And it's not really complaining. I just like to keep these things in mind. Ball didn't lie the following season anyway!

Bowser

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1h
9v9. Cam to Benjamin in corner of end zone. TD. Godfrey in coverage. #panthersTC

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 58m
Cam to Kelvin TD. White in coverage. Little he could do. Nice pass and catch #PanthersTC

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 38m
Benjamin snatches Cam pass at its peak over Dockery. Hands down biggest story of camp.

BuTc_AKIEAAX6im.jpg:large

CIny8.gif

Top Bottom