• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

just saw a Kraft mac n cheese commercial for TMNT macaroni with Vanilla Ice doing the Go Ninja rap.

My day is now complete. Good night all

Where's Kas
@justincsimon · 2h

There are certain players you don't want to hear a lot about during training camp. QB is one of them. Stafford quietly having strong camp.

I'm starting to drink some kool aid brehs. Granted Stafford had a good camp last year. Not saying he's an elite QB, not saying he's a top 5 or top 10 QB, not saying we're going to win 12 games...but I'm starting to think we can be good.

My initial response to the schedule+Caldwell hiring was that this is an 8-8 team that will miss the playoffs. Our secondary is trash, d-line is overrated...but I expect both to be better this year with a more aggressive scheme, more blitzing, man coverage, etc. But defense isn't the reason we imploded last year...Stafford is the reason. And if he can play well, not fuck us over with turnovers, and use his weapons correctly...I think we can make the playoffs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where's Kas

I'm starting to drink some kool aid brehs. Granted Stafford had a good camp last year. Not saying he's an elite QB, not saying he's a top 5 or top 10 QB, not saying we're going to win 12 games...but I'm starting to think we can be good.

My initial response to the schedule+Caldwell hiring was that this is an 8-8 team that will miss the playoffs. Our secondary is trash, d-line is overrated...but I expect both to be better this year with a more aggressive scheme, more blitzing, man coverage, etc. But defense isn't the reason we imploded last year...Stafford is the reason. And if he can play well, not fuck us over with turnovers, and use his weapons correctly...I think we can make the playoffs.

Ah yes. That preseason optimism. We are all :kas!

ShaneB

Hey NFL, thanks for leaving in all these commercials in this Gamepass NFLN archive stuff! And thanks for also not removing the old news crawls at the bottom! Glad my payment isn't going to waste! edit: And I guess thanks for region locking this stuff that is easy to get around anyway!

Dragon

Banned
My favorite recent joke poster is the nut job who believes the moon landings were faked.

There's a guy at work who believes that. I told him he should come over my place and look through my telescope and then say to my face that the equipment/flag on the moon is fake.

@kmeinke

Just saw a set with Eric Ebron split outside and Calvin Johnson in the slot. Chew on that one.

HHDZVs5.png

jakncoke

Banned
There's a guy at work who believes that. I told him he should come over my place and look through my telescope and then say to my face that the equipment/flag on the moon is fake.

Between light pollution and particle pollution you got a set up that see the landing area that good in NYC? Nice.

Hey NFL, thanks for leaving in all these commercials in this Gamepass NFLN archive stuff! And thanks for also not removing the old news crawls at the bottom! Glad my payment isn't going to waste! edit: And I guess thanks for region locking this stuff that is easy to get around anyway!

Bastards re-subscribe me and charged my account without my permission, I wasn't going to resub since I'm short on time but fuck it might as well use it now, I'm going to rewatch all dolphins games from last year

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to drop $20 on the preseason pass thing. I don't have a problem with paying the money for the regular season game rewind, but dammit, the preseason pass doesn't have the all-22 tape!

I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to drop $20 on the preseason pass thing. I don't have a problem with paying the money for the regular season game rewind, but dammit, the preseason pass doesn't have the all-22 tape!

If you have dvr nfl network shows all the games (they still do this right?)

ShaneB

Bastards re-subscribe me and charged my account without my permission, I wasn't going to resub since I'm short on time but fuck it might as well use it now, I'm going to rewatch all dolphins games from last year

I believe when you initially sign up there is a statement saying you will resubscribed automatically at the same price you just signed up for. But yeah, can be easily missed.

Annoying to pay into this stuff and see some of the archived content just seem half assed. Wish they had a "Weather Game" category.

I believe when you initially sign up there is a statement saying you will resubscribed automatically at the same price you just signed up for. But yeah, can be easily missed.

Annoying to pay into this stuff and see some of the archived content just seem half assed. Wish they had a "Weather Game" category.

The thing is I got several emails telling me If I didn't want to resub to change my acc settings but when I did there was nothing there and they Still charged me, in any case it's not a big deal and hardly something I can't afford just didn't want the temptation

squicken

I like preseason live thing. Hate waiting for the NFLN repeat, which can be like 4 days later. I can't remember if Game Rewind has preseason games or not. For some reason I thought it did. Preseason Live is just the ability to watch live preseason games

hmm I'll have to think on this. Top Gun and Collateral are locks. 3rd idk

ShaneB

The thing is I got several emails telling me If I didn't want to resub to change my acc settings but when I did there was nothing there and they Still charged me, in any case it's not a big deal and hardly something I can't afford just didn't want the temptation

Ah, okey dokey.

Sanjuro

I like preseason live thing. Hate waiting for the NFLN repeat, which can be like 4 days later. I can't remember if Game Rewind has preseason games or not. For some reason I thought it did. Preseason Live is just the ability to watch live preseason games

hmm I'll have to think on this. Top Gun and Collateral are locks. 3rd idk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124160552&postcount=64

This is my logic.

I still think Cruise is fucking brilliant.

eznark

Banned
Days of Thunder
Top Gun
Young Guns

Anything else is Anti-American and you should be put on the terrorist watch list.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Fell asleep in the theater for Collateral. Everyone knew the ending about 120 minutes before it got there. More Mann's fault than Cruise's. Regardless, can't say I enjoyed it. Not enough motorcycle riding.

squicken

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124160552&postcount=64

This is my logic.

I still think Cruise is fucking brilliant.

I actually really agree with that. I love Collateral b/c it is a movie where he is an actual character. So many movies with stars, you really just remember they are acting. Cruise is so different in Collateral. Just nails it. Born on the 4th of July is another movie like that, I just don't much like the movie itself

And I agree about the movie being flawed chuck. Mann just let it meander too long. Minority Report is great but it's great for all the future stuff, not for the acting or story

Sanjuro

I actually really agree with that. I love Collateral b/c it is a movie where he is an actual character. So many movies with stars, you really just remember they are acting. Cruise is so different in Collateral. Just nails it. Born on the 4th of July is another movie like that, I just don't much like the movie itself

And I agree about the movie being flawed chuck. Mann just let it meander too long. Minority Report is great but it's great for all the future stuff, but not for the acting or story

Collateral certainly isn't perfect, but his character was.

Minority Report and Edge of Tomorrow are two great examples of films that he enhanced. War of the Worlds is a different example. I thought that film would have been pure shit without him in that role.

Top Bottom