• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Randy Moss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megatron

Stop it Kas.

Send Calvin to die in Oakland and he'd quit on them too. At least with Stafford he can pad his stats.

You guys are acting like I'm dissing Moss. Despite being a Viking, he is one of my favorite players ever to watch. I remember his rookie season.

Megatron has not played as many seasons as Moss, yet, but he would never quit on his team like Moss did. Megatron would never do that because he was on the worst team of all time.

In the Lions 0-16 2008 season Megatron had:

78 Receptions, 1331 Yards, 12 TDs

Moss would've been in the hottub by Week 5 saving himself for the next season. That is someone who quits on your team.

I expect nothing less from Stafford. Great catch by Ogletree as well.

Tom Penny

He was so white, so gritty. I can't believe this happened.

He will be an afterthought to the great 6 '8 275 Justin Jones

justin%20jones-thumb-600x429-131056.jpg

Tom Penny

You guys are acting like I'm dissing Moss. Despite being a Viking, he is one of my favorite players ever to watch. I remember his rookie season.

Megatron has not played as many seasons as Moss, yet, but he would never quit on his team like Moss did. Megatron would never do that because he was on the worst team of all time.

In the Lions 0-16 2008 season Megatron had:

78 Receptions, 1331 Yards, 12 TDs

Moss would've been in the hottub by Week 5 saving himself for the next season. That is someone who quits on your team.

I expect nothing less from Stafford. Great catch by Ogletree as well.

Moss didn't have the benefit of playing with an elite 5k yard passer like Stafford for his whole career.

Farooq

Banned
Thanks for the responses to my post.

I would agree with Future and Sean, that it depends on your personnel. I also feel there is a trend developing in the NFL with teams investing in players that can develop a pass rush from the inside. I think it is a response to the influx of young mobile QBs, who have an easier time with an outside rush. Would developing mid round interior linemen be enough to counter premier inside pass rushers?

Unrelated to my previous post, but related to what I wrote in the Cowboys write up. I talked about WLB Bruce Carters simplified responsibilities. This is what I was talking about,

With Rod Marinelli now the defensive coordinator, the Cowboys have invoked the “travel rules” within their scheme. That means Carter will line up behind three-technique defensive tackle Henry Melton on every play, even on the strong side of the field.

With Melton protecting Carter on every play, the linebacker should be free to get to the football quickly.

Marinelli has always used the “travel rules” within the Tampa 2 scheme, and it’s paid off in his previous stops.

In Tampa Bay, three-technique tackle Warren Sapp protected weakside linebacker Derrick Brooks. They’re both in the Hall of Fame. When Marinelli was in Chicago, Melton protected linebacker Lance Briggs. In 2012, Melton went to the Pro Bowl, and Briggs had 103 tackles and 11 pass breakups.

“That’s a good adjustment, obviously, from just positioning and a simplicity factor,” Cowboys linebackers coach Matt Eberflus said. “A lot of those things — the keys, the reads, the drops — will all be a little bit cleaner for him.”

Carter said the change should help clear his mind and allow him to just read and react.
“It just allows you to just run and make plays basically,” Carter said. “You’re always covered up a little bit, so your speed and your instincts kick in to just get where you need to be.”

Source.

cdyhybrid

Thanks for the responses to my post.

I would agree with Future and Sean, that it depends on your personnel. I also feel there is a trend developing in the NFL with teams investing in players that can develop a pass rush from the inside. I think it is a response to the influx of young mobile QBs, who have an easier time with an outside rush. Would developing mid round interior linemen be enough to counter premier inside pass rushers?

Depends on what you mean by mid-round, I guess.

You typically expect 2nd-rounders to be solid starters for a good period of time, so I would expect a 2nd-round G to develop into someone solid who can handle those rushers.

Top Bottom