• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

cajunator

Banned
<-----I was so mad when Hito gave me this avatar. One more time in his honor

fuck Im literally tearing up now.
I cant help it anymore.
Its like I wasnt as close to him as a lot of gaffers were but his presence was felt everywhere.
I felt like I knew him better even though I didnt know much about the guy on a personal level. But Im just really shook. Im so fucking upset. Couldnt even eat at buffalo Wild wings. Still cant.

rokkerkory

All these defensive pass interference / illegal contact is really making the game crap. Let them play a little bit sheesh.

The other rule changes are ok

Soulflarz

Banned
fuck Im literally tearing up now.
I cant help it anymore.
Its like I wasnt as close to him as a lot of gaffers were but his presence was felt everywhere.
I felt like I knew him better even though I didnt know much about the guy on a personal level. But Im just really shook. Im so fucking upset. Couldnt even eat at buffalo Wild wings. Still cant.
*Hug*
I-if you need to talk to someone, were all here for you.

...I cant imagine what youre going through, my condolences.

All these defensive pass interference / illegal contact is really making the game crap. Let them play a little bit sheesh.

The other rule changes are ok

This is like the replacement ref experience where it turns into shit so they had to bring back the real refs.

I hope the next 3 preseason week is complete bull shit just so they would scrap this dumb ass idea.

And I'm not saying that because it works against my team and the L.O.B but the the pace of the game has slowed tremendously.

This is like the replacement ref experience where it turns into shit so they had to bring back the real refs.

I hope the next 3 preseason week is complete bull shit just so they would scrap this dumb ass idea.

And I'm not saying that because it works against my team and the L.O.B but the the pace of the game has slowed tremendously.

the replacement refs worked out well for you guys!

i agree. what is so wrong with a little defense in the league? records were already being broken on a yearly basis and now you take even MORE away from the defenses? just more of rogers money machine. average fan likes likes high scorin'!

I was going to post about my experience at the game tonight but I didn't expect to read something so sad, hito was an awesome dude, we discussed astronomy and physics a lot, I'll miss him, he was a big part of our little community. Rip hito, I hope you're among the stars now

cajunator

Banned
I expect a pretty boring Saints/Rams game with the starters mostly out but Brandin cooks will be out there a bit. That should be exciting to see at least.

Spades

Well I've spent the morning watching every single snap from every game last night. I should probably do some work this afternoon.

Dragon

Banned
There'll be a thread about it soon but thought you guys should know since he was active in this community. Hito passed away August 1st

No fucking way :/. That's awful.

Wow I didn't know he lived in Charlotte :(.

Edit: I truly wish I was more eloquent about these things but when you interact with someone on an almost daily basis on the net and they're gone it's hard to articulate it without being a bit strange I guess. Hito was a great guy, and honestly I wish in a lot of ways I was more like him. He didn't rage on the wussel jokes, he respected people's opinions while arguing in here, which is rare amongst the snark and Freeman jokes (which he did too I'm sure :)). Going to be missed.

Vyroxis

Banned
Super short handed, back on the equipment for me today. Kinda happy, I miss being in the freezer all day. It's my element.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He always did make the best mark of shame weeaboo/deviantart avatars and that's something I truly enjoyed over the years.

Wasn't he the one that made jakncoke a permanent Seahawks fan too?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I t was nice to wake up and see Juwan Thompson and Conner Vernon having good games last night. Its nice to see Duke Football not suck at the pro level/

Not so nice to find out about Hitokage. I only knew him as the other anime guy besides Cajun and that he liked Seattle. I had no idea he lived in the Charlotte area. Prayers to his family

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hopefully its the Ryan Griffin to Brandin Cooks show today.
Maybe some Kyrie Robinson in there for good measure.

I'm interested to see how fast Cooks is. Even though its not quite the same position, NO needs another explosive playmaker since losing Sproles.

cajunator

Banned
I'm interested to see how fast Cooks is. Even though its not quite the same position, NO needs another explosive playmaker since losing Sproles.

I think we may have found such a player but his versatility will be what we need to find out about. What he will do at game speed.

Godslay

Banned
I t was nice to wake up and see Juwan Thompson and Conner Vernon having good games last night. Its nice to see Duke Football not suck at the pro level/

Not so nice to find out about Hitokage. I only knew him as the other anime guy besides Cajun and that he liked Seattle. I had no idea he lived in the Charlotte area. Prayers to his family

Even though it was 2nd/3rd stringers Thompson was impressive. Decisive and finished runs. Now with Ball and CJ out he gets a chance to shine.

I remember Hito mentioning Charlotte for some reason, largely in relation to Foxball and the Panthers.

I enjoyed him as a mod. Reason being that I waited 6 months and still wasn't approved for a gaf account. Went to a chat regarding the presidential election in 2008, Hito was in there and I asked him what the status was. Said something about it stuck in the process, and went out of his way to fix it and approve me that day. Small insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things, but people will always remember he kindness you give them.

Have a great day guys!

ShaneB

Still hurts about Hito =(

Will be on my mind for a while, and no doubt throughout the football season. Glad he got to see his Seahawks win.

I think about death a lot… more than I like to admit. I think about how sudden it can be, how one minute everything might be fine, and then next it’s all over, the thoughts that go through someones head, the aftermath of it all. It’s why I don’t watch the news.. I think too much about it all. Seeing some news story about someone dying, or being killed, I think about being in their situation at the time, and it’s terrifying. It’s a reminder that I should live each day like it is my last, to do what I can to be happy, and feel like I have left as big an impression as Brett did.

You’ve left a heck of a mark here Brett, and that says a lot. You welcomed me to Seahawks-GAF, and then accepted how I felt feeling like I had to move on. You have left a bunch of us feeling a lot more lonely today without you here. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and all of your friends that miss you.

Gosh wtf Hito?

Rest in Peace buddy. You got to see your guys win and I think we had a similar appreciation for Harvin.

We argued a lot, and if I'm honest you often set me on edge. With that said, you've always been a part of my experience here. I'll miss you giving shit to folks with you're furry anime avatars.

I don't know why I feel this way about a guy I've never met but shit... Life is short.

It's going to be a long day at work I think.

Top Bottom